Elvira's Movie Macabre series to return fall 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by mclay18, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

On Elvira's MySpace page, she announced that "Elvira's Movie Macabre" series will return this fall with brand-new episodes. The show's syndicated, so times and channels will vary depending on the markets.

SOURCE: Shock Till You Drop.

So which movies do you think Elvira will rip next?

2. Spit

Spit Active Member

Wow...Peterson is getting pretty old for this isn't she? I wonder if she will actually be on the show. Wasn't there some game show that picked a new girl to be 'Elvira' a few years back?

3. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

58, and while not bad looking for that age, definitely well past her prime. I've no doubt she's still got the right attitude for the role, but IMO it could easily be a case of "spirit is willing but the flesh is arthritic".

I could see a bit of character re-invention that would justify a role for her (even leading) in such a show, but stepping into the old cleavage display act would indeed be a fright fest.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

She's always worn a pound of make up and just sat on a couch, she can probably get away with it for another 10 years. Maybe more.

I'll check it out. I'm an admitted sucker for her.

5. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

She looks good. Not as good as her prime in the 1980s, but she's held up better than most people her age have. And that was her in the MySpace commercial promoting the MM return, and so she can still pull it off.

6. Spit

Spit Active Member

Thanks for suggesting to check her MySpace. She doesnt just look good she looks great! I'd kill to look that good at 58.

7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I'll give it a go,I'm nostalgic for this sort of thing.

8. Dobby

Dobby Stallone in Terminator 2

Hope she can track down something worth while to present. I haven't seen every movie but I have seen just about everything. The presentation will make or break her show. I don't see this lasting at all which is a real shame. Mostly cause she will need to track down movies worth while. By today's high tech standard and attention spans I just don't know.

9. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I'll agree with the opinion that she looks great for 58. I don't think there will be any problem at all, and I hope that there isn't too much talk about her age here or anywhere else..I would hate to think that potential new viewers would be turned away because of reading about "how old" she is etc.

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

NO ONE can fill Cassandra Petersons role as Elvira , either her or no one !!!

I'll buy her stuff / watch her stuff til she is 90 :)

11. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I'm reasonably obsessed with Horror Hosts, and see this as a welcome reunion! At the moment, the closest thing i get where I live is "Far Out Cinema", and the BS beatnik routine is SSSSOOOOOOOO lame, it's painful (even though I love 90% of the movies they show).

I'll actually ask around at The Monster Bash this weekend to see if anyone else has heard anything more about it (as at least a half-dozen horror hosts are scheduled to be there)

12. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Great news! I'm glad she's back in that medium (or would that be,rather, BIGGER??????)

13. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Very cool news! I met her twice within the last few years (once in Elvira costume and once in normal Cassandra Peterson mode) and she indeed looks quite good, obviously she is a bit older but I have seen women in their 30s who can't hold a candle to her.
    That being said, I always loved her show when I was growing up...it's how I saw New Years Evil, The Blood On Satan's Claw, Tombs of the Blind Dead, and so many other movies for the first time! She is my favorite of the the horror hosts...and it will be great having her back doing what she does best.

14. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Me too,my first viewings of all of those was on MOVIE MACABRE.Brings back fun memories of a time when there was something on late night syndicated TV besides infomercials and EXTRA.

15. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm excited for this! I've seen so many bad horror movies over the years that would have been much more entertaining with Elvira's running commentary. Hope she can find an audience this time around - it's a very different TV/entertainment world today than it was 30 years ago.

I thought I read that Petersen invested all her own money to get the "Haunted Hills" movie finished. Didn't she end up divorced and broke from that?

16. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

[​IMG]

Pretty big fan of Elvira...my fascination with her started during my childhood when I'd go grocery shopping with my mother...grocery shopping in October meant the Coors Elvira cardboard standees came out on display and I'd be able to catch a glimpse of those cans of hers.

I kinda of misread the title of this thread though...I initially thought Shout! Factory would be releasing more of MM on DVD, which would have been fantastic, but as I read the post I was kind of disheartened. I really don't think the audience is there anymore. I know I'll be watching it, but I really think the general public isn't going to "get it".

I do hope it succeeds though, I can't wait. I just hope they play "older" bad movies, as I have a feeling they may try and modernize the show a tad.

And I agree, Cassandra Peterson is the only person that can portray Elvira.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  17. unclefred

unclefred Member

An old woman won't yell
    an old woman won't tell
    an old woman won't swell
    and she's grateful as hell!

18. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

I have never heard that before...PRICELESS!

19. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

God damn I missed the Macabre from Channel 5 KTLA. That and those crazy ass federated commericals.

[​IMG]

let's fucking do this!

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Full Details for Elvira's Return to TV from Shock Till You Drop:
    http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16012

Which really makes sense. THIS! network is really just geared to making value of MGM's catalog. Putting Elvira's package on 'em can help make 'em much more enticing.