Elvira, Mistress of the Dark Limited Edition Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Mar 4, 2017.

1. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Any reason why their website would be a target for attack or why they can't seem to fix it?

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Nope, what'd it say?

3. chancetx

4. Zombie Dude

baggio and chancetx like this.
  5. chancetx

Yeah, I can't figure out the deal with the website. If your site gets attacked you deal with it quickly not just go offline for weeks and speak vaguely of anticipated future attacks. They suggest the option of people canceling their orders and placing a new one to restart the Paypal refund window but how do you do that when the website isn't accessible? I think they just don't want to take any more orders to limit losing more money as the cancellations come in.

I really hope they work things out and this is just another manufacturing delay like they said. But their defensive responses to the comments and assurances that even if they don't deliver within the Paypal refund window they will still honor any refunds makes me leery.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

It's pretty aggravating that we have to wait all this time for, supposedly, something trivial like packaging. At this point there should be an option to pay extra shipping for them to send you the discs now. Not that I would actually expect them to do that but this situation has seemed kind of ridiculous for a while now and they should do something to accommodate those of us who are annoyed about this but don't want a refund.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just over at Blu forums. and they LOCKED the Elvira release page since Friday. And wait for it.................

They completely just removed the Cinepectral Films(General Thread). Like I'm talking JUST NOW, I was reading the page and some new posts today, went to refresh and they just removed it. LOL

Cinepectral was replying to a couple of people and they were responding with (I guess not by Blu's "standards") So instead of their usual mods deleting posts, they just wiped the entire thread. Wow, this whole project is a nightmare.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

In reading the threads, when I could. It was revealed that they can't send out shipments until the site was fixed. Also to answer your question on the website attacks. have no idea why their site would be attacked. Who the hell would attack them in the first place? They aren't Shout, they are virtually unknown. Also it is a bit odd that the site went down right before they announced that the June release date would not be met.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That just makes no sense ... but then again Blu-ray.com makes no sense about a great many things.

The thread is still on there for now to read the older posts, it's just been marked as "closed" without any explanation whatsoever: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=285668

10. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I think baggio is talking about a different thread, "The OFFICIAL Cinespectral Films Studio Discussion thread", which appears to be gone. You can still view the first page of it from the google cache but it doesn't appear to be on the blu-ray.com forums anymore: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...thread.php?t=274753+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Zombie Dude and baggio like this.
  11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one is gone. Deleted.

LOL, what a train wreck. Someone opened a new thread just titled Cinepectral Films and they started deleting posts then locked that one. :confused:

Now there's another thread called the unofficial Cinepectral Films thread. LOL :p

and there's a thread in the feedback section about freedom of speech detailing what's going on.

[​IMG]

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. Zombie Dude

They're a bunch of morons over there. Why would they delete that thread and lock the other one? Are people not allowed to talk about this company now over there?:rolleyes:

baggio likes this.
  13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, now the "unofficial Cinepectral Films thread" is closed and DELETED.

The "Official Cinerpetral Films thread" is BACK .... but LOCKED.

And the Elvira thread which was closed is now open. But...................

This was posted by a MOD:

I'm going to say this once and one time only. If all you are going to do is post in this thread or the official Elvira thread and just stir the pot then you will be suspended. The mod staff are tired of the constant reports on a daily basis. If you can't say what you want in a constructive way and are just going to complain then stop. If you do not want the movie then there are ways to contact the seller. Do not abuse the PM system here either to spam the studio insider please.

- Blu-ray.com reserves the right to revoke or deny to anyone for any reason at any time without warning or prior notice access or membership to this site and its public forums. -

[​IMG]

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

And now a different and more sensible fair minded MOD has taken control and said this:

"Thread is open and I will be monitoring it. Yes, there is reason for concern and members have a right to express their opinion. Please make your postings in a respectful manner and do not spam the thread with repetitive postings."

and this

"I have been getting pms from members who are concerned that the label is dictating moderation or when this thread is to be open or closed. The label has no input on the moderation of posts or on the discussion in this thread.

This thread will remain open for discussion at all times from now on. If the label is unable to provide concrete answers, that is something they need to be working on. Reasonable posts will not be taken offline.

Be respectful and do not spam the thread. Thank you."

[​IMG]

Zombie Dude likes this.
  15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

So much drama. If there is a playbook on how not to launch a label, we're seeing it unfold here.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

Pretty much. It's concerning.

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Elvira Blu-ray CANCELLED

Cinerpectral:

"We would like to announce that VĂ– ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK on Blu-ray is canceled until further notice. All customers receive their money back during the week.

Cinespectral Films ceases operations after completion of the repurchases. When and how it goes on with Elvira on blu-ray you will soon find elsewhere. Our other 3 titles will also find a good home. So you will not have to do without the films.

This will also go out to all customers via e-mail, please be patient.

We say goodbye."

[​IMG]

Thanks hots4, that rumor you posted was 100% correct. All jokes aside this is disappointing news. Was looking forward to this. Maybe some other company will put this out & and double bill it with Haunted Hills.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

My pleasure, shame it came to fruition though, and they went bust before they even got a release out.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It's a damn shame, because these releases looked pretty definitive. And for them to go down partially because of the steelbook is also a shame because not everyone is a fan of those. So it was an unnecessary burden. I know distributors like Synapse claim it's the best way to turn a profit on a release, but I wonder if it's more of a headache than its worth.

It's also concerning that a bunch of hackers looking for lulz can cripple most any of the small distributors we rely on for these niche releases. Could they do the same to Synapse prior to Suspiria's steelbook for example? That could really hurt them after all these years and investment in that one title.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well as far as the DDOS attack. After all this , I find it hard to believe it was even true to begin with. Why the hell would some unknown little company be a target? Not saying it couldn't or didn't happen, but come on. And they couldn't fix it for months? Not buying it at this point.

Zombie Dude likes this.