Elvira, Mistress of the Dark Limited Edition Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Mar 4, 2017.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Got my order in for Version C. Frogtown I had pre ordered since December from Amazon.de :eek: If I remember correctly they said (months ago) that Frogtown would be also be sold at the main site on the preorder Elvira release, and they will only have around a 100 or so copies in the office. Take it with a grain of salt , but that's what they said. The original bulk was being sold on Amazon. Makes sense because when Frogtown preorder went on sale they didn't even have a shop to sell from.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I appreciate the heads up here on HorrorDigital - I was able to preorder Design A. :)

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Version C does inform blind-buyers that the film has monsters in it.

That might lead my reasons for Version C being the best choice.

4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Ordered one myself. Way too much to spend for that film, but fuck it.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Put my order in too. Came to $55 AUD which is steep but I rarely drop that much on a movie and I really enjoyed this one. I mean who can't love those titties? Should be a blast to watch this again.

Oh and went with cover A as it's just more classic to me.

baggio, satans-sadists and Angelman like this.
  6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I do enjoy breasts.

I went cover A.

satans-sadists and Zombie Dude like this.
  7. Zombie Dude

[​IMG]

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Message on the site currently.

ELVIRA MISTRESS OF THE DARK ON BLU-RAY
    We are confirming yesterday's preorders step by step. Customers may check their emails (spam folders).. We are working down your service requests.
    Thanks for your patience. We will be back online later today. Grab the last remaining copies then!

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Now it says this:

++ UPDATE: If PayPal confirmed your payment as processed, your order was accepted. Only thing missing is the confirmation email of the shop. you will receive it as soon as possible++ We are confirming yesterday's preorders step by step. Customers may check their emails (spam folders).. We are working down your service requests.
    Thanks for your patience. We will be back online tomorrow. Grab the last remaining copies then!

10. Zombie Dude

I got my confirmation emails straight away after placing my order thankfully. That last update made it sound like they're nearly sold out. I wonder how many they have left.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Same here. Confirmation from them and paypal were immediately sent. I guess a lot of other people had problems.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I also got both confirmation emails immediately, but the actual order email from them I missed at first since it went to my Spam folder.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Shop is still closed. I guess we should glad we got our orders in. :cool:

Funny, this company is giving Bill a run for his money on the "site closed for maintenance" messages.:p

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Says currently:

Preorder will open for the 2nd run on Friday March 10th 9:00AM EST / 6:00AM PST / 3:00PM CET. Current customers can then access their accounts to check their order status and download receipts.
    Attention new customers: We currently cannot process orders from Brazil. Also be advised to double check your shipping-address with the one in your PayPal account to prevent payment problems. Please make sure to select the Design of your choice and check again prior to checkout. We will not be able to change designs in existing orders. Thank you for your patience.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Shop open right now if anyone wants to place an order.

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Office Press to keep us abreast:

Preorder the product page on: https://movie2shop.com/

Storyline:
    When her Great Aunt dies, famed horror hostess Elvira heads for the uptight New England town of Falwell to claim her inheritance of a haunted house, a witch’s cookbook and a punk rock poodle. But once the stuffy locals get an eyeful of the scream queen’s ample assets, all hell busts out and breaks loose. Can the Madonna Of The Macabre find love with a studly cinema owner, avoid her creepy Great Uncle, titillate the town’s teens and become a Las Vegas dance sensation all without being burned alive at the stake?

- For the first time in glorious FULL HD in an exclusive and strictly limited mediabook:

- ALL NEW 4K SCAN by Deluxe in Los Angeles on the Lasergraphics The Director 4K filmscanner.
    - Original English audio & German audio in DTS-HD Master Audio
    - Main feature & special features with English and German subtitles
    - Each design (A,B,C) strictly limited to 1000 Mediabooks only
    - 60 pages (30 English / 30 German) fully illustrated Booklet with texts by Sam Irvin, Patterson Lundquist
    - Mediabook features red metal foil on all 3 movie title logos, as well as the WEIRD ROMANCE logo and double partial spot gloss on company logos, credits and artwork
    -Limited Edition certified by holographic sticker on removable back-sheet

For the first time including comprehensive exclusive special features in HD:
    - EXCLUSIVE: Introduction to the main feature by director James Signorelli
    - For the first time on Blu-ray: 2012 audio-commentary with Cassandra Peterson, Edie McClurg & John Paragon
    - EXCLUSIVE: 2016 audio-commentary with director James Signorelli, hosted by FANGORIA Editor Emeritus Tony Timpone
    - EXCLUSIVE: 2016 audio-commentary by elviramistressofthedark webmaster and judge of the THE SEARCH FOR THE NEXT ELVIRA Patterson Lundquist
    - EXCLUSIVE: TOO MACABRE - The Making Of ELVIRA, MOTD: A 100 minutes feature-length documentary with Cassandra Peterson and 16 more cast & crew members. Together they share memories on the production of ELVIRA, MOTD. Includes never shown before image materials.
    - EXCLUSIVE: RECIPE FOR TERROR - The Creation Of The Pot Monster: 15 minutes long featurette on the concept and Design of the famous pot monster, as well as other SFX of the movie
    - EXCLUSIVE: original US Trailer & Teaser for the first time in 1080p HD (new 4K scan)
    - 2012 archive-interview with Cassandra Peterson
    - 1988 EPK Making Of (12 Minutes)
    - 3 NEVER SHOWN BEFORE Behind the scenes videos: 1. Mark Pierson explains the macabre mobile. 2. Eric Gardner guides through the soundstage. 3. Eric Gardner talks about the pre-production of the movie.
    - 7 NEVER SHOWN BEFORE original storyboard sequences (Slideshow)
    - Bally Pinball video tours of ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS & SCARED STIFF
    - 2 US Trailer, 2 US Teaser, US TV-Spot, German & French Trailer
    - original script
    - original US press-kit
    - Slideshow with international promo materials

ALL SPECIAL FEATURES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE INCLUDED SEPARATE SPECIAL FEATURES BLU-RAY! DVD CONTAINS ONLY TRAILERS AND AUDIO-COMMENTARIES WITH THE MAIN FEATURE.

Video (DVD): 1.85:1 (OAR) Widescreen SD PAL

Audio (DVD): English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, German (theatrical dub) Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono, German (TV-dub) Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono

Audio-commentaries: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

Video (Blu-ray):1.85:1 (OAR) Widescreen HD 1080p 24p

Audio (Blu-ray): English DTS-HD MA 5.1, English DTS-HD MA 2.0 Stereo, German (theatrical dub) DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono, German (TV-dub) DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono

Audio-commentaries: DTS 2.0 Stereo

Subtitles: German & English for main feature, audio-commentaries and special features

Navigation: main menu (DVD & Blu-ray) & pop-up menu (Blu-ray)

Discs: 1x DVD9 (PAL) + 2x BD50

Regioncode: ABC

Artwork:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Trailer:

Too Macabre preview:

And if you want to experience a snippet of the second German dub for the movie, without understanding a word: https://soundcloud.com/user-512838865-14055487/elviramistressofthe-th-deu-comp-m-25r

Katatonia likes this.
  17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I went with cover A, the original poster art I remember. Although cover C was tempting.

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I wish it was reversible cover art, but that's not what the product is made of, so you can't just flip it over.

I wonder who went for cover B. Not bad, but it's like the original poster with missing parts. That's gotta be the least ordered version. Could be wrong though.

The Hell Comes to Frogtown choices are kinda confusing. Version B is like the original poster, but I thought that was an alternate to that poster with three people on the cover. Honestly I don't know what the original poster is. But it's certainly not Version A.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I believe there were two original artwork posters: https://www.cinematerial.com/movies/hell-comes-to-frogtown-i93171

I think Cover B just looks far better. It may be newly commissioned art, but it looks damn cool.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

The Cover B looks really good. I love how the artwork wraps around to the back.

Zombie Dude likes this.