Does anyone remember DARKROOM 1981 abc show??

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    You're totally correct, Kat. I'm just educating people here. They don't have to pay top prices from importers. Just order it from the source!

2. startide

startide Member

So, after the $20 deal, I did indeed buy this set and it arrived yesty (and good thing I did, it's back up to $30!!). I've watched one and a half eps and so far I like it. Rick Rosenthal and Paul Lynch? Wow.

It does have its limitations, and early 80s TV was far from spectacular, talk about ugly!!!! (Lighting on the action, the rest of the frame virtually pitch black. Ugh.) But that aside it's got an Outer Limits vibe I like.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

While I have been waiting the last two decades for a legit domestic dvd/blu ray release of this series, I just discovered that it is available for free viewing on the NBC app!

4. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Wow! I have 15 yr old broadcast bootlegs of the show. The show was pitch black in its bleakness, from the trapped camera of the opening credits to....Um... lassies mom doing horrible things with power tools. One of the most messed up shows in tv history. I remember watching the show sitting almost under the christmas tree where my cat-who-raised-me-like-a-mom-even-though-i-tormented-her was sleeping. (Dont worry guys: she would bat me silly to keep me in line, and i always moisturised her beans with lotion i tasted first for no flavor so she wouldnt get cracked feet in winter from salt. She let me know when enough was enough but then we greeted each other with a waited for kiss at the head of the stairs on top of the head every day off the bus. She died atound 93 of alzheimers and I still dream of her). Off topic but thats the memory Darkroom gave me. Friday night lineup an hour after Ripleys Believe it or Not ( the good one with the Palances. Not that newer one). Then at 11 Twilight Zone. Then switching back n forth between WXXA theater bizarre three movie line up, SCTV, and Fridays on ABC. Fun times.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021