Dexter Favorite Season

Discussion in 'General' started by othervoice1, Feb 11, 2011.

?

Favorite Season of Dexter?

1. Season 1

10.6%
  2. Season 2

17.0%
  3. Season 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Season 4

61.7%
  5. Season 5

2.1%
  6. I haven't seen Dexter

6.4%
  7. I have seen Dexter but didn't like it

2.1%
  1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying Season 6 so far, but I wonder if it's supposed to be a bit obvious that
    Edward James Olmos is an imaginary character in the younger killers head like Dexter's dad is.

Out of them all so far, I've enjoyed Season 5 the most. When I answered this poll I hadn't seen any of them before.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

have only seen one episode beyond season 4. Brilliant show and I will buy it all on BD eventually. Probably wait for the full series release. Season 4 is hands down the winner for me. Lithgow ruled!

3. blackeye

blackeye New Member

I was telling a friend the other day that I had that suspicion also about the EJO character

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I've got all five seasons of Dexter on DVD but couldn't really pick a specific season as being my favorite.

5. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Yeah, it became clearer in the last episode that
    EJO might be one part of Hanks' split personality or imaginary voice. That would be a little disappointing since it's been done in Fight Club and other movies. But there's still hope, since when Dexter was examining the mutilated corpse, he realized the body was killled by one person and the stitching was done by other. Although that still could be due to split personality.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Man, I've been catching this show from the library and am already onto Season 5, about 6 eps in. That being said, I was really hoping this season would end with her on Dexter's table as I can't much stand her or her character (so far).:( Dang, checked in too early.

I can't really call a favorite season though, they all have had their moments.
    I loved when Doaks found out who Dexter was, was hoping that went some other direction somehow. I miss the character of Doaks, he was getting real interesting.

Lithgo was insanly awesome in season 4, and him finding out who Dexter was another series highlight. Plus it had the best ending of any season by far.

7. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Season 4 was the absolute best...5 was okay. I think 3 was probably the worst.

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

agreed on 3, it was a weak season. the Miguel Sanchez character didn't work as well as it should have.

9. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

The 6th was the worst, it looked promising the first episodes, then it just went downhill like no other season before. Dexter got very sloppy in the writing department which is sad.

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed season 6 but agree it is the weakest so far- I figure they will give it one more season and close it out- I think one more season would be about right and hopefully they could end it with a big bang. Season 3 was kinda weak too as mentioned. Season one was good but definitely not the best. I would say seasons 2,4 and 5 were the strongest. 4 will be hard to ever top

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  11. othervoice1

12. maestra

maestra New Member

Season 4 everything went downhill after that season.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

haven't watched the 6th yet. too bad that it doesn't go well, though.

14. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

Since people have been discussing season 6, I figured I'd ask.

Isn't there a moment in one of the last couple of episodes where Dexter looks up at the balcony of the church and sees EJO looking at him? I'd swear there was a moment where the two make eye contact. But, I haven't had enough interest to go back and try to sort that one out.

I do agree with the others that this last season had potential that it just never fully exploited. But still liked it more than seasons 3 and 5.

Also -

Weird decision to go with Deb at the end. Would have been obvious back when Hall and Carpenter were married. But must be a bit odd now that they're divorced.

15. bigdaddyhorse

I just started season 6 on ondemand and have to say the first 4 eps are among the best I've ever seen. It's sad to read it's going fall apart, I hope that's just an opinion I don't agree with as I'm loving it so far.

16. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I have been avoiding this thread because I haven't start season 5 yet. I took a peek at the poll and was a bit surprised that Season 4 is the overwhelming favorite. Lithgow is amazing but I agree with dave that there were some weak spots. I'm not sure any series including Dexter can top Season 1 for me.

I've been avioding Season 5 becasue the Season 4 finale would have been the perfect series finale. It felt like it completed the circle and there is no reason to go on.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  17. othervoice1

Its not terrible- I really enjoyed it - but its just one of the weaker seasons to me- and I wasnt real wild with a couple ideas they went with- but you should enjoy it

18. bigdaddyhorse

First spoiler:
    Having jsut watched the whiole season in a couple days, I can say wthout a doubt: Yes there is. Although looking back knowing what I know now I think it was one of those things that can could be interperted either way. Dexter looked up to where he was standing and acts like he sees someone, no question. Maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him? Just something to keep you off the track that Professor is already long dead.

Holy shit was that a season ending! To think the show almost ended there....
    In one way it would be a pretty good ending spot, but it raises so many more questions. Where do they go now? I haven't wanted the next episode this bad since season 2! Kinda sucks to be caught up and have to wait now. Waiting 5 years and getting all the seasons in a couple months was fucking dope!

19. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Didn't like it. Maybe I caught an off night. I watched the episode where he goes to some group therapy session with an ulterior motive and spots someone else doing the same thing. Kinda came off like a bad fight club rip off. :(

20. bigdaddyhorse

I'm not sure just picking up anywhere is a great idea. The series does build off itself, and there will be referneces to stuff that's happened before, so one could easily get lost depending where they start.
    Having just watched the whole run from season 1 ep. 1, it all fits in and makes sense. Plus that season gets really fun after those AA meetings, if I'm not mistaken that's season 2 where he meets the "pardon my tits" girl (Lila). Plus the fact he's there cuz he can't control his urge to kill, but pretends to have a normal drug problem, is pretty fucking brilliant and comedy-inducing.

Also just noticed (and how did I miss this while watching the whole season) that Miguel Sanchez is the name Lionel Hutz from the Simpsons was going to change his name to to after watching a TV court show. "Lionel Hutz no longer exists, say hello to Miguel Sanchez". :lol::lol::lol: