Dexter Favorite Season

Discussion in 'General' started by othervoice1, Feb 11, 2011.

?

Favorite Season of Dexter?

1. Season 1

10.6%
  2. Season 2

17.0%
  3. Season 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Season 4

61.7%
  5. Season 5

2.1%
  6. I haven't seen Dexter

6.4%
  7. I have seen Dexter but didn't like it

2.1%
  1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I finally got done watching season 5 - and like all the seasons leading up to it I loved it! I wanted to see (for those of you who have seen Dexter over the last several years) what everyone's favorite season is so far.

For me personally I thought season 4 was the best - and I am not a big John Lithgow fan - but he nailed his part and the finale was a jaw dropper.

So what does everyone else think? (make sure to hide any spoilers for those that haven't seen every season yet)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

Season 4, had the right amount of action, drama, suspense and character development out of the entire series. Not to mention John Lithgow who blow me away as the Trinity Killer.

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I don't have Showtime so I wait until each season is released on Blu-ray/dvd. I got into Dexter 2 years ago and am addicted to the show. Have only the seen first four seasons and have yet to be disappointed by any. Season 2 and Season 4 would be my favorites.

Lila was great in Season 2, as was Sgt. Doakes. Both characters kept this season in particular so intense and entertaining. Lithgow was brilliant in Season 4. I appreciate how nothing remains status quo in the series. There are always plenty of surprises to challenge the viewer.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I went with season 2. But I also loved season 4, it was really difficult to choose between the two.

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

my wife and i are both big fans. while i admit that lithgow was great in season 4, i felt it dragged a bit in a few of the middle episodes. too much cat and mouse that didn't really go anywhere. we both really, really enjoyed season 5, so it gets my vote. i thought that the "change" brought about by the conclusion of season 4 worked really well for dexter's character in the 5th season.

6. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

Season 4 was great. Just when you would expect it to lose steam, Lithgow comes in with a killer character and seals the deal. By far his most worthy and challenging opponent.

I would admit I wouldn't feel bad if someone killed Dexter's sister. Plot line for season 6?

7. Dave

Dave Pimp

Season 4 was great. I loved Season 5 but was a bit letdown at the end...just a bit lackluster of a finale, I guess.

8. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I find it hard to distinguish between one season and the next outside of story arc, so I can't lay down a vote for a single season. That said I will give Season 3 some love. I though Smits was amazing as Miguel Prado. Season one is amazing as well.

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

It might happen. she and michael c hall were married in real life, but just recently split, if i have my celebrity gossip right. if their working relationship is strained, she might find herself out of a job.

10. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

I'd have to go with 2nd Season.

For one, every thing was just tighter and Lila was great.

Also, my main love of Dexter is how subversive it can get. And season two had some great moments, Dexter at AA confessing his "murders" as addictions and the whole Doakes arc where we treat Doakes as a villain even though he is just being a typical good TV cop driven to catch a killer. And the parallels between Dexter and Batman getting brought out was great. Brilliant stuff.

11. j tea

j tea New Member

We are about halfway through season 4 now and it is already my favorite. The characters are so solid at this point and John Lithgow is so good in this role. His 'bad' scenes are some of the most legitimately upsetting things I have seen in the series so far. Can't wait to see how it is resolved. That said, Jimmy Smits was awesome in season 3. And I loved Doakes in season 2. I miss him.

12. othervoice1

It was cool to see Angela Bettis have a role in season 5 <:

Yes I believe that is accurate- kinda weird really being brother and sister on screen and then married in real life- and now split and working together.

13. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Season 4 gets my vote, too.

Season 1 was also pretty amazing. Actually, all seasons have been very very good. I do agree that the end of season 5 was pretty lackluster compared to the shock of s. 4. Plus Julia Stiles wasn't really very good, was she?

14. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

4th season is the best, followed by the 2nd.

15. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    She was very good, actually. I really hope that she returns in season 6.

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, i felt the same. i dunno why people don't like her.
    perhaps my affection for season 4 would have been higher if the ending hadn't been spoiled for me. that being said,
    i thought it was actually a necessary direction for the show to go in, and as such, not quite as earth-shaking as others seem to think it was. i thought season 5 was better for it.

17. othervoice1

Even though I liked season 4 more I thought Julia was excellent in season 5

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  18. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

OMG, have I become addicted to Dexter. I just finished watching seasons 4 and 5 and they were awesome. I deeply love Julia Stiles since "10 Things I Hate About You" and even though I'm biased, I loved her character and she was great making us care for her...
    I was sad in the final episode when she told Dexter she was leaving, but it was an obvious move for the screen writers, hope she comes back.
    Season 5's ending was a little bland, but it was appropriate since another shocking twist ala 4th was too formulaic.

Anyway, still nothing can't top season 4 and
    "Hello...Dexter Morgan"
    and
    Rita's death, even though I was getting annoyed by her, her death caught me off guard
    Trinity was just awesome, he had great character development and is the only one so far
    outsmarting dexter.
    I can't wait till September dammit! I think I'd have to re-watch all seasons in anticipation.

19. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I picked season 2. I was a fan of Special Agent Frank Lundy.

20. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Season 6 is fucking exciting so far. Great new characters, specially Brother Sam (Mos). A lot of things going on, and the ending of episode 3 was genius. I can't wait for the next episode.