Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) UK Blu-ray from Shameless

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zombi3, Sep 13, 2018.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Coming October 15th:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shameless.screen.entertainment/

***ANNOUNCEMENT***

DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE aka 'The Cemetery Man'
    (UK Blu-ray debut)

Format: Blu-ray
    Release date: 15 October (available from Shameless site 1 October)

Michele Soavi, the director of THE CHURCH and THE SECT, now sears our retinas and our emotions with his cool, sexy DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE, on UK Blu-ray for the first time. This remastered HD version finally does justice to his undisputed Grand Guignol masterpiece and to the luscious Anna Falchi and the dreamy Rupert Everett.

Meet Francesco Dellamorte (Rupert Everett), the cemetery-man, gravedigger and guardian of the mythical Buffalora Cemetery where the dead just don’t stay dead. Seven days after burial, the fresh cadavers claw their way out of their coffins looking for flesh to eat. And it’s Francesco’s job to dispatch these ‘Returners’ before they escape into the local community.

But his quest to stop the dead from invading the world of the living falters when he falls in love with a beautiful and enigmatic widow (Anna Falchi) visiting her husband’s crypt. For when he kills her by mistake, and is cursed to see her face for eternity, the difference between being alive and dead become chillingly confused in his shocked and romantically damaged brain.

EXTRAS
    • 'Deadly, Lovely Tricks' a new interview with SFX Genius Sergio Stivaletti
    • 'The Last Horror Show' a new interview with producer-writer, Gianni Romoli
    • Audio Commentary ans Fact-Track by director Michele Soavi a writer-producer Gianni Romoli

SPECS
    • English Audio and Optional Italian Audio with revised English Subtitles
    • 16/9 widescreen
    • Colour
    • 103 Min 07 Sec (uncut)
    • Cat number: SHAM212

russweiss and Katatonia like this.
  2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

An absolute favorite of mine that I haven't seen in ages; lying in wait for a good HD transfer. This title has historically been neglected on home video and sad to say with it being distributed by Shameless that tragic history continues.

Stating "remasted HD version" doesn't give me much hope. Same decade old transfer (originally destined just for DVD) with another run through hefty DNR? In all probability.

I should just crack open my 3D German disc that I bought for god knows what reasons and give it a spin this October because it doesn't look like we're getting another crack at it for a good long while.

3. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I have the 3D German blu. It's actually a pretty good picture quality. I enjoyed the 3D conversion as well. I'm satisfied with it.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I was about to say the same thing, I think the 2D picture quality was very good no complaints from me, I however can't agree with you on the 3D version, I thought it was awful and turned it off after 5/10 mins.

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That's good to hear that my '84 German disc is pretty good. Germany can be a bit of a coin flip and I'd heard lackluster things about DD's HD transfers. I probably picked it up because a 3D conversion is too absurd to miss and the media book cover was pretty sick.

And who knows Shameless might turn out well enough (sometimes lazy studios can keep their hands off things so that it is accidentally better than other handsie fuck ups) and with these extras could be worth it. I never did get the Shameless DVD. So no money lost there.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I've got quite a few German blu's and have had no problems with any of them, I suppose it depends on the kind of releases you are going for, if your getting something from a company you've never heard of and have never released anything before, there is a chance it will be bad, I may have just been extremely lucky!