Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th 08/27/13

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Marv Inc., May 15, 2013.

1. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Go to wallyworld and buy a new cheap one with updated firmware.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

No. I had read comments about how some people have problems with certain blu-rays if their player is connected to the internet, but my player isn't and has never been connected to the internet.

I've never had a problem with a Universal blu-ray either. Watched Jurassic Park last night actually.

Player is a Pioneer BDP 51-FD. So long shot, but if anyone here has the same player and also bought Crystal Lake Memories, let me know if yours works.

I could, but at the same time it doesn't seem worth it to drop $100+ on a new blu-ray player just for Crystal Lake Memories. I do have the DVD copies if I want to watch it, but at the same time I feel like since I have the blu-rays that I need to watch it in hi-def. :(

3. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

I have 3 blu ray players and I always have huge problems with Universal Studios blu's. Anyway I've seen blu ray players as low as $25 that play flawlessly. So you do have options plus it never hurts to have an extra player.

4. CPT HOOK

Well, I spoke too soon. First problem with a Universal blu-ray when I tried to watch The Lost World tonight. Same problem as Crystal Lake Memories. So that probably means my player is giving up. DVDs seem to work fine though.

Seems weird that Jurassic Park would work but The Lost World wouldn't. And I tried Jurassic Park after Crystal Lake Memories, so some blu-rays do work. :confused:

5. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Might be something about the layer change.

When my last two players started to die they only could read one layer material and a few dual layer ones.

As of right now, a friend of mine has the same problem with his player.

6. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Absolutely, and it's always easily discerned.

Sean tells Marcus to "keep the mask out" then says "there wasn't enough Jason" and throws Marcus under the bus later.

My favorite is the BS he gets on with when he talks about the genesis of the first film:

Sean's take: "It's about untimely death, every high school has that one kid that dies in a motorcycle accident and all the kids are frightened by that so I knew I'd be successful if we could tap into that."

Victor Miller's take: "Sean called me up and said 'Halloween's making a lot of money, we should rip it off'."

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't know if it's just Pioneer's proprietary technology or what, but a Pioneer DVD player that I have does the same things with DVD discs. It often spins the discs around forever (and often makes odd noises), and then eventually just stops or spits them out. Sometimes you have to eject them and reload them several times before the player will recognize and play.

It's also annoying because if you turn the player off still with a disc in it, and then turn it on later, it's almost guaranteed to start skipping the disc...unless you eject and reload it...and then it plays it fine.

I seriously doubt I'd even buy another Pioneer DVD/Blu-ray player. There's quite a few things I dislike about the player.

8. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Yeah he is full of shit like Crazy Bill.

9. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

One of my old Malata region free DVD players did the same thing.

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

My player won't play disc 2 - blu or DVD. It is on the latest firmware. I will try my bedroom player and see.

11. CPT HOOK

Please let us know if it works. I'm shopping around for a new blu-ray player this week, and I'd hate to buy one only to find out it was defective discs.

12. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Well if it is a defective disc you could always return the blu ray player.

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

My computer is reading it. I'm going to make a copy of the disc. Is it ridiculous I have to waste a BD50 to finish this? Yes, but I'm not going to bother contacting the company. I don't have time for that.

14. Dave

Dave Pimp

Burnt copy works fine. Ugh.

15. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

So are we to assume there is defective discs out there??

16. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Good grief I hope not. I should have mine tomorrow. I'll report in on whether the discs work or not.

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

Seems defective in the compatibility sense. The disc won't play in certain players.

18. lanemyer774

lanemyer774 Member

Just read this on their Facebook.

So there's your cut off date if you're still contemplating. I actually prefer this over the poof it's gone method ;)

19. thing

thing Well-Known Member

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So I finished watching the 2 discs. Have to say that some parts were better than others, but on a whole it was a bit disappointing. Not talking about actors not showing up, that's fine, but it was totally odd that Miguel Nunez was absent for the part 5 interviews. He was a blast on the ROTLD docu. The fact that all the Jason's were there was really satisfying. But my gripe comes from the stories that were missed. Where was the whole breakdown of part 7, the showdown between Jason? The burn stunt, all the stunts in the house. The water scene in the beginning, actually all the stunts in movie. Kane only mentioned the roof collapse for about 5 seconds. That was the whole deal with him, he did stuff that all the Jason/actors/stuntmen didn't do. Where was all the stories of his pranks that he pulled on cast members? They needed double the run time just on part 7 alone. I wanted more on part 6 too. Lot's of interesting stuff they left out.

Also, Could not stand the guy from New Line, Jeff Katz. I wanted to kick him in the teeth. And if you didn't hate Ronnie Yu before you certainly do now. Saying he wanted to bring humor like The Bride of Chucky to the Friday series. How they let him direct Freddy vs Jason is disgusting. And don't let ANYONE tell you different, the other guys and Ronnie are LYING that he wasn't instrumental on getting a different actor to play Jason. Maybe it was just me, but I was a little tired out after part 8, maybe it was because 9 & Freddy vs Jason REALLY infuriated me, (part 10 was a little boring too) Strangely, the remake brought me back to life. That segment was pretty good imo. Thank you Mears.

Pluses. Derek Mears is the man. Coolest guy, have zero problem with him wearing the mask again. Ted White had some interesting stories/take on his film. Jensen Daggett looked really good from part 8. Part 3 was probably one of the better segments in the whole docu imo. I thought everything with Corey Feldman (narrator/interviews/beginning segment) worked out beautifully. And finally John Carl Buechler had the greatest line in the whole docu. Summed up his movie perfectly. Probably the reason why he never wanted to another Friday movie.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013