Cronenberg screening 'Videodrome' at the TIFF Bell Lightbox

Discussion in 'General' started by Matt89, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

So any Torontonians going to the screening of Videodrome tomorrow? There was a screening tonight at 9:15 and another tomorrow at 9:30. Cronenberg introduces the film, followed by a Q&A after the screening.

I went to the screening tonight and it was fucking awesome. The print was a little beaten up, but it was interesting to hear Cronenberg talk about the production, reception, inspiration and casting for Videodrome. Another thing I never knew, but apparently Cronenberg hates watching his own films. He didn't sit in on the screening and said he hasn't seen Videodrome since 1982. He's a really funny guy, poking humor wherever he can and he was nice enough to sign autographs for people. Got him to sign my DVD of Videodrome.

If anyone's in the area, there's another screening tomorrow night at 9:30. If you can, check it out. It's totally worth the admission price (only cost me $15).

~Matt

2. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

That sounds awesome.

3. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Sucks that I have to work tomorrow evening.

4. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I don't know if I can make it tonight... dammit. I'll be thinking about it all day now.

I think that the Lightbox will be showing a lot of good movies over the next few months. I'll have to keep an eye out.

5. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I'm dying to but have a ton of school crap to contend with right now. Some friends are going. They'll be giving me a play by play lol.

*hangs head in utter shame*