Creepy & Eerie comics

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    After I found out that the Jenifer story was adapted I tracked down the original issue on Ebay and got it cheap.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I had taken a long sabbatical on collecting the Creepy/Eerie Archives having not purchased one since 2011 other than Creepy Volume 18 which I stumbled across for cheap a few years ago for only $20. Vol. 18 helped me to decide that that was as late into the series that I wanted to go because it was obvious at that point that Warren decided to do less horror stories in favor of more fantasy and science fiction, which really isn’t my thing. I don’t have the shelf space for every Creepy and Eerie Volume anyways so I decided to pick and choose which volumes were really essential. That means no more Eeries than the four volumes I already have (#1,2,5,6). I just got a good deal on ebay for Creepy volumes 13-16 for only $115 so with that I’ll own volumes 1-2, 7-10,13-16,18. I’ll try to get 11,12 and 17 at some point in the next year because they are getting harder to find and expensive through Amazon and then call it a day.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Oh, and on a related note, this week I also bought with Christmas money Volume 1 of The Vault of Horror from Dark Horse’s EC Archive series. That’s a lot of fun, too, although none of the stories in this set are nearly as grisly as I know they become later on.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I want to collect some of the covers and read these magazines. Perhaps I'll start this year.