Comment on the Track the Films You Watch Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rhett, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

From Beyond -

First time watching this one. Moved it up the list after it was mentioned in the sexist scenes topic. This movie is really out there.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I finished up the year watching more movies than typical. A total of 327 with 104 of them being theatrical.

3. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Inspired by the release of Criterion's Godzilla box set, I decided that 2020 would be the year I finally dig into kaiju films. I have a watchlist of 66 films that are part of or spun-off from the Godzilla and Gamera franchises that I'll be watching over the next few months. I'm going to collect my thoughts on Letterboxd and Twitter (@October_John) under the tag #KaijuVirgin. I've only seen a handful of films in this subgenre (all the American King Kongs, about 5 Godzilla films), so the majority will be first time watches. I'm excited to kick the marathon off today with a rewatch of the original 1954 Godzilla.

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Personally, I'm just sitting here waiting for the 2020 Track the Films You Watch thread to appear....

MorallySound and indrid13 like this.
  5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Uncut Gems

I went to the theaters with relatively no knowledge of the story. I just knew Adam Sandler was playing a serious role and co starred Kevin Garnett. It was pretty fucking good. Sandler is a jewler with a bad gambling problem. That's all you really need to know......but it's pretty fantastic.

Colin and Myron Breck like this.
  6. russweiss

I found Sandler's character to be absolutely annoying. Since he was in virtually every scene that didn't make for a pleasant viewing for me. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I really wanted something bad to happen to the main protagonist. Also at two hours and fifteen minutes in length the film just overstayed it's welcome.

7. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I can see that. He certainly wasn't the best of humans to say the least lol but I thought he did a great job as did KG.

8. russweiss

The acting was certainly well done. I just couldn't get past my dislike for the main character. It was unrealistic to me that he was so destructive yet lived to be as old as he was and still have a semblance of a "normal" life.