Classic movies for Halloween - my lineup

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Hellbilly, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Decided to watch a few golden oldies for Halloween this year, here's my lineup:

Starting with two double features -

The Fly (1958) and Return Of The Fly (1959) followed by

Village Of The Damned (1960) and Children Of The Damned (1963)

popping in Them! (1954) after that, and will end my night of vintage chills

& thrills with Romero's all time classic Night Of The Living Dead (1968).

Should be fun :)

There still might be a slight change of plans though, that is if I come across I Married A Monster From Outer Space (1958) and The Alligator People (1959) in the next two weeks. There's also a strong possibility that I might squeeze in The Screaming Skull (1958) somewhere since I spotted the Good Times DVD at the store the other day.

2. Dilmo

Dilmo Guest

My wife wants to watch Pumkinhead and Sleepwalkers, and want to see my new copy of Zombi (it will be my first time seeing it. I hope I'm not disappointed), and Dawn Of The Dead (2004).

3. bschulte

bschulte Guest

While these are not all classics, I will be watching some, and I'm gonna go with Nosferatu, followed by Shadow of the Vampire. Then I'll move on to some of the new DVDs I've been stockpiling recently, including The Changeling, Session 9, The Mummy Legacy Collection, The Thing Collector's Edition, and Gothika. Other than that, it'll be the usual favorites on DVD, and whatever happens to be on HBO and Cinemax. I'm hoping through some miracle that The Horror Channel debuts in my area on Halloween too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
  4. R. I. P.

R. I. P. Member

Driving 620 miles to Pittsburgh to visit my lovely girlfriend for Halloween. She and I plan on watching "Haunted" with Aidan Quinn and Kate Beckinsale. Personally, I feel this fine movie to be most underrated. Others we plan to watch are "The Ring", "The Fearless Vampire Killers", and we'll probably conclude horror movie viewing with "Black Christmas" which she has yet to see. I think she's in for a bit of a jolt! ;)

5. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I have not made my mind up for my list this year.Being as Halloween is on sunday, and it's my birthday at that,I might make a whole weekend out of it.But the 31st will be a 24 hour marathon.Wish my dvd player luck ;) .
    But i have decided to dedicate that day to classic horror for sure.

6. I'll be watching the Living Dead Trilogy:

Night of the Living Dead '68 and '90 remake
    Dawn of the Dead (all three versions)
    Dawn of the Dead: Unrated Director's Cut (2004 remake)
    Day of the Dead: SE

Also, I'll be watching three Mario Bava films; they will be showing on IFC later that Halloween night:

Black Sunday
    Baron Blood
    Bay of Blood

I've always wanted to see Bay of Blood, as I have heard that this is what inspired Friday the 13th.