Cheap U.S. online retailers that ship to Canada

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Matt89, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

The title speaks for itself. I was just wondering if anyone knows of U.S. sites that ship blu-rays to Canada. Amazon.com shipping prices are just way too expensive.

Any haters of bilingual packaging out there that import? :D

~Matt

2. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Yeah, Amazon's prices aren't what they used to be. My past couple of orders have been through Diabolik because they've been cheaper. I ordered the Never Sleep Again blu-ray from Best Buy for $16.99 when Amazon wanted $26.99 for it! I'm with you on the bi-lingual shit too Matt. What I cannot for the life of me understand about it is that they go so far as to produce reverse cover artwork, yet they put both languages on both sides!? WTF? Just put one language on one side and another language on the other side if you're going the extra mile to pay for reverse artwork! Some of these distributors are just idiots. I don't know of ANYONE who appreciates the dual languages on the covers.

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I've used importcds.com a few times. their prices are usually $3-5 less than what they advertise on amazon.ca, although that's not taking into account the now not-insignificant currency conversion. they charge $1.50 per title, and $5 flat per order. when the currencies were equivalent, it seemed like a good deal, with certain titles that were available at a significantly lower cost there. unfortunately, with my last order, I was charged $15 duty on my order, which had never happened before (in maybe 5 orders). So i don't know if i just got unlucky, or if i can expect this every time. with the dropping dollar, I don't have any plans to order from them any time soon. But that's their shipping set-up, and under the right conditions, you might find it worthwhile. Shipping isn't super-quick, either...maybe a month from ordering to arrival, give or take a week.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

For some reason all the titles I had in my wish list on Importcds have gone up to silly amounts. It's very annoying because they used to have great prices on all their stock.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I doubt I'll order from ImportCDs again. It takes a long time to get your order, you'll most likely get hit with duty charges, and if there is a problem with any of your movies they are useless. They don't send out replacement copies to Canada, and to get your money back for the faulty disc, you have to pay to have the disc shipped back yourself, and then wait over a month to get your money returned to your card. Ridiculous!

They are owned by Deep Discount, who have gotten a little better than before, but still take a while to receive your order, and you will most likely get hit with duty charges.

Unfortunately there's not much for us Canadians. Amazon is unfortunately probably the best option, even though they are ridiculously expensive now. It's actually probably best to do what Dave said and just order from American sites through Amazon.ca as Shipping is usually cheaper that way.

That's what makes all of these exclusives from Code Red and Twilight Time that much more frustrating, as we have to pay like 2 or 3 times the amount for Shipping, most of the time with companies refusing to replace discs lost in transit unless you pay the $40 Shipping option. Insane!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

http://www.cduniverse.com is cheaper than Amazon.com to Canada... and they don't charge "import duties"

Sometimes better prices too.