Castle Freak remake

Discussion in 'General' started by hots4, Jun 13, 2020.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I was looking at recent UK BBFC certificates and noticed an entry for Castle Freak, I thought to myself why are they releasing this again I glanced at the names involved and didn't recognise any of them with a little bit more investigation I found out it was a remake.

I didn't know there was one coming did you guys? Anyone seen it? If yes was it any good? And for people who haven't seen it or didn't even know this existed are you excited at the prospect of a remake?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10701458/?ref_=plg_rt_1

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the original. First time hearing the name. I guess I should check it out since it has the same actors as From Beyond.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It hasn't been released yet. It's produced by Cinestate/Fangoria, who are currently in hot water at the moment.

Myron Breck likes this.
  4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously? It's one of Full Moon's best films. It it pretty dark and depressing though.
    Well you got my interest. What did they do?

5. ImmortalSlasher

I have probably far too many movies I haven't seen.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

You need to fix that now :p

8. ImmortalSlasher

I have to redo all my lists. I have lists on paper and on computer. At times, I noticed on the computer list that I have movies listed twice. And I know on the computer list that some movies are probably on the paper list too. I'm going to push and get through some other stuff before the end of the quarter though. I guess I'm slow on the lists because I want to watch and remove stuff more than streamline a list.

9. Zombie Dude

I mean, if it's a big list I'd definitely be looking through it for certain titles that should be moved to the top of it.

10. ImmortalSlasher

The lists are crazy. But I already underline and note movies because of certain actors. When I want to do a double feature or series with similar theme. I do want to get to the point when I can rewatch a lot of movies I've already seen. But also many times I just have to be in the mood for some movies and shows. I tend to like watching horror late at night, on the weekend, and with a drink. So that's only Friday and Saturday. I'm making an exception for Creepshow this week. I do that for series at times. But then I believe the word was that Creepshow wasn't that good anyway so I'm not doing the normal horror movie routine.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  11. ImmortalSlasher

I just checked my Word list. And it's 62 pages of movies and TV shows. But only in a single column. And that's just the computer list. I know I have about 3 or more written lists. I need to manage time even better next quarter.

12. Zombie Dude

Jesus, that's a hell of a list! I think by that stage I would be too daunted to even attempt getting through them all. I know what you mean about being able to just re-watch your movies you own and have seen. I find a lot of the time I'm watching new stuff and all the movies I buy because I like the films get neglected.

13. ImmortalSlasher

The main thing for me is for the lists not to seem like a chore or something to get through. But to enjoy the movies. That's why I look forward to Friday and Saturday horror movies at night.

I did start to break down the list into categories like a horror movie and tv show file. I'll separate some others too. It will make things easier to pick out when I'm ready to watch something particular.

Zombie Dude likes this.