CARNIVAL OF BLOOD (1970) -- behind-the-scenes and more!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by bruce h, Dec 12, 2010.

1. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I did a search but couldn't find a thread about CARNIVAL OF BLOOD, so I figured I'd start one up! I just posted a look at the film over at my blog, with some rare unused promo photos and behind-the-scenes shots.

http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/2010/12/coney-island-carnage-unseen-sex-gore.html

Anyone else here a fan of this pre-slasher slasher? It's an interestingly odd outing, seemingly inspired by H.G. Lewis' gore epics and shot on location at New York's Coney Island! Lots of cool travelogue footage, several bitchy characters you can't wait to see get killed, and some ridiculously mean and sloppy gore setpieces. Something Weird's DVD presents the film as well as presently possible, mastered from a rare 16mm print and loaded with extra features.

2. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

Hmm, didn't realize the DVD is probably cut. I like the film, although it is terrible by virtually and sane criteria. The co-feature is as boring as it gets.

3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I don't think the DVD is any more cut than any other version. If memory serves it runs the same as the Wizard tape.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  4. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

Isn't this the movie with a guy called Gimpy and an annoying middle aged lady with granny glasses and a bad hairdo/wig (?) gets killed because she shoved her way to the front of the line at the food stand? I know I rented this way back.

DUH!!! Yes it is. I checked out the blog:)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  5. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Carnival of Blood is easily one of my all time favourites. Way up there with the best of HG Lewis.