Blumhouse's Firestarter Remake - May 13th on Peacock

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Not only do I agree with everyone here in saying this film is not very good, I also things it's the weakest King adaptation in recent memory. As bland as that "Pet Sematary" remake was from a few years ago, this is some how worse. At points I felt like I was watching a bad Syfy channel ripoff of "Logan" (the last Wolverine movie).

At least that Carpenter score was a banger.

Steel76 likes this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah I found it pretty boring, was glad when it was over. Did have the feel of a TV movie.

Katatonia, Colin and Steel76 like this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Oh dear. This movie was quite amazing, but amazing for the wrong reasons. I thought it started out ok and the cast was decent. I was on board for a little bit and was pretty interested in seeing the movie pick up it's pace and really get crazy, especially the finale. And here I am now, still waiting... I really didn't expect this to go all the way through to the end dragging it's feet. It is truly impressive to make a modern Firestarter film that is less fiery than the original filmed 38 years ago.

As others have said, there's a tv quality to the film that I don't understand if this was filmed with the intention to release theatrically. The few action scenes that exist here are filmed in a really bland way that never makes you feel excited of on the edge of your seat. The movie tries to sell us on Charlie's powers being terrify and potentially devastating to human kind but never really delivers on anything close to this, maybe outside of one cool bit in a car. The whole finale probably takes less than 10 minutes in the blandest setting of concrete corridors. I'm so confused as to how this went so wrong and why they even chose to release this in the state that it's in.

I've never read the book so I can't comment on how faithful this is to that, but again, the 1984 film is more exciting than this modern adaptation and that's just weird to me.

4. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Loved the book when I read it 20 years ago, but I'm not a fan of any of the film adaptations and this is the worst. I spent 3 hours this week watching Firestarter: Rekindled and this was somehow worse! Bland cast, not much fire, and a truly baffling ending. I'm starting to think that when a Blumhouse movie premieres simultaneously on Peacock it's more of a dumping ground than a nice treat for subscribers.

hots4, Katatonia, Zombie Dude and 2 others like this.
  5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Looks like there is an alternate ending now.

View with images
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    MORE WAYS TO BUY
    BLU‑RAY™ & DVD JUNE 28. PRE‑ORDER NOW.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Nothing can save this movie. It wasn't just the ending that was bad.

hots4, Katatonia and fceurich39 like this.