Blue Underground going Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Crystal Plumage, Mar 1, 2008.

1. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I hope Dead & Buried is next. It was supposed to drop in September this year. They prioritized Maniac and Zombie, which is fine, but they need to do D&B next to keep people happy. Too many screwups going on in the world of Blu-rays these days.

fceurich39 likes this.
  2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm actually dying to see how Maniac and Dead & Buried look. The negatives for both films were lost for decades and a proper restoration was never possible, so a 4K o-neg scan is going to do these films wonders. Especially Maniac. It's always looked like complete and utter crap, and now knowing it'll likely look as good as other 16mm 4K remasters like Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the new transfer is going to be a revelation.

~Matt

Steel76 likes this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm eager for D&B too, but I don't think we have to worry about screw ups here.

4. Rocker10

Rocker10 Well-Known Member

Been looking at the new 4K Zombie. Haven't watched it all yet, but it looks pretty damn nice. One of my more favorite films, so no hesitation in grabbing this when pre-orders went live. Pretty happy so far.

~Rocker10

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

My record store has the Bridge cover of Zombie new bluray set that comes out next week.

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

7. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    re: Mondo Digital review, that is one seriously teal ocean with the zombie and shark - I'm praying B.U. hasn't latched onto "that" trend. The blues seem to have been punched up a bit with a lean toward that revisionist trend. Even the car windows in that shot have that familiar turquoise tint that movies now-a-days have.

8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The Zombie blu arrived today. The lenticular package is fantastic (Olga Karlatos eye puncture). Looking forward to receiving Maniac now.

wago70 likes this.
  9. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

My copy of Maniac from Diabolik is due tomorrow. It's moving through the system quicker than usual - I only got the shipping notification 20 hours ago. On the other side of the spectrum, something I ordered from Bull Moose somehow ended in Arizona (Bullmoose is in Maine and I'm in New York City). I thought bar codes and all this digital tracking system was supposed to be foolproof?

10. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

satans-sadists likes this.
  11. russweiss

I sent a package to Austria and it ended up going to Australia. Fortunately it finally arrived at the proper destination but took about 4 extra weeks. I also shipped a package to someone that lives in the same city as me and it ended up going to another city before it was rerouted back where it belonged.

12. russweiss

I've owned this at least 6 times myself. Laserdisc, at least two DVD versions and I currently have 3 blu-rays. That is the curse of collecting and always striving for a better transfer or different extras.

13. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I have the Shriek Show and Blue Underground UE DVDs and both US Blu-rays along with the UK and Japan imports.

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Nailwraps likes this.
  15. wago70

ZOMBIE looks great - such a fine, fine film. the new DVD has a great reversible cover which has the Jerry Gross one sheet poster art (sans credits). I love it! The sound is excellent - I hear nuances I have not noticed before (I only listen to the tv speakers - no stereo since I live way too close to other people). Highly recommended collectible! I've been a fan of this film since seeing ONLY the poster, in the summer of 1980, hanging in our local drive-in.
    I know there's no relevant info in this post, but I'm excited all the same.
    On a side note of trivia, in 1998 I won tickets to see a midnight showing of Grindhouse's issue of THE BEYOND at the Castro Theater in San Francisco. The question I had to answer: What is the name of the island in Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE?
    Oh, I knew the answer all right...but I didn't know how to spell Matool. So I sent my answer in to a local newspaper with Matool spelled about 3 different ways, lol. It worked! I won the tickets AND a poster and a plastic eyeball with THE BEYOND title font on it. *sigh* good times...
    Anyway, this is a fine release. :)
    On another side note, I recently downloaded a fun little disco tune called "There's No Matter" from iTunes. You can hear that song early in the film (on someone's car radio) where Peter is sneaking on to Anne's fathers boat.

16. wago70

One more thing: haha - that little disco ditty is actually ON the CD in the Blue Underground package, lol. Last tune on the CD (sounds like a movie title) Enjoy!

17. russweiss

Do you happen to have a picture of that plastic eyeball with The Beyond on it? I'd love to see a photo.

Myron Breck likes this.
  18. wago70

Yes, I can. I may have to upgrade my Photobucket account as I see none of my pics are here anymore.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen. ;)

You can uploaded images here. There's an "Upload a File" button right next to Post Reply. And there seems to be much more space now. I use to have to rotate out photos for the 5 Screenshots thread but now I've been able to leave them up.

20. wago70

Thanks for the tip!
    Going through all the flyers I saved. I need to post all this stuff along with all my ZOMBIE newspaper clippings.

Attached Files:

Myron Breck, russweiss and X-human like this.