Blue Sunshine

Discussion in 'General' started by Eddie Quist, Apr 1, 2003.

1. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Im gonna change my name to bluray-fanatic

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I received mine today, and holy shit... this is a BEAUTIFUL set. :eek: This is easily one of the best releases of the year just by the packaging alone. It was nicely packaged with cardboard inside the mailer too, so it arrived pristine.

You can throw away the old Synapse DVD set, it's completely obsolete now. This is the right way to do a cult Blu-ray combo release!

3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Damn it!! Well my Carnival of Souls Blu will have to hold me over until it arrives.

Katatonia likes this.
  4. Katatonia

The one thing I would have changed about the Blue Sunshine, is that it did need a thicker HD Keep Case like Arrow uses. All the memorabilia is really packed inside...but it does fit just barely.

Well you got Cat in the Brain before me too, so we're even! I just received that today also. About 6 packages came today in total...new release overload! :D

I'm gonna pick up Carnival of Souls at the local B&N tomorrow on the 50% off sale. I have a 20% coupon, so it'll only be $15.54 after tax here. The one good thing about the B&N store here is that they always carry every single Criterion release in print...usually with multiple copies in stock.

Angelman and zbinks like this.
  5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I really really wanna get this but I'm gonna hold out till next month. The Arrrow sale killed me. I also wanna get the Australian release of Road Games that comes out this month and possibly the happinet blu-ray of NOTLD. I've been meaning to get it forever and I might as well order it from diabolik when I place my order for Road Games.

Also what do you guys think of Squirm? I've been tempted to get the Scream Factory release and I really enjoyed Lieberman's other films like Just Before Dawn and Blue Sunshine. Worth a blind buy?

~Matt

6. Angelman

Re: Squirm... Decent effects (actually very good), passable monster movie despite silly concept. If you like Lieberman it's the right vibe but it's not a must-own.

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Okay maybe I'll check it out first. I really love Just Before Dawn I think it's one of the best backwoods slashers. And I love the eerie tone of Blue Sunshine. The creepy vibe reminds me a bit of Dead & Buried.

I've heard lots of people say it's passable. Funny that Squirm has always been the most easily available. The other two have always been more "rare" I'd say.

~Matt

8. Katatonia

I really like it. It's a "southern" horror film that kind of has an almost Deliverance vibe going at times in its atmosphere. If you like 70's horror or horror films featuring worms or creepy crawlies, it's really hard not to like.

I only have the Arrow release, but the Shout release does have some extras that don't appear on that version.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

10. Angelman

Finally got to watch this tonight and you are right! Beautiful set, amazing transfer... And the movie is great. Fantastic release. I hope that Filmcentrix keeps it up.

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I ordered Blue Sunshine from FilmCentrix on Sunday night & just received it today. I debated on this film for a while since this was a blind buy. Between what I've read on the film and the pristine trailer on the FilmCentrix website, I was finally convinced. What an impressive package with all kinds of neat collectible things inside! I probably won't watch this until October. I really enjoy having some first time horror viewings in October.

Angelman likes this.
  12. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Totally agree!!! I have two lists that I usually start around the end of August. The "New Viewing" list for October and the "Classics, revisited" list. I already took October 28th, 31st, and Nov 1st off of work, as I do every year. That's a 5 day bender and a half. Can't wait.

satans-sadists and Angelman like this.
  13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of ordering this and having it shipped to my friend's place in NYC. She's visiting Toronto on the 11th. If I place my order today it should get to NY in time before she leaves right? For those of you who ordered, how long did it take?

~Matt

14. Katatonia

https://www.facebook.com/dawnofthediscs/posts/1111139299229288

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
    Coming soon to 4K UHD from Camera Obscura Filmdistribution!

Jeff Lieberman’s “Blue Sunshine”!!!

“Since the news has already leaked, here comes an important public service announcement: In the not too distant future, we will release Jeff Lieberman's sublime cult classic BLUE SUNSHINE on Blu-ray and DVD. That alone is reason enough to celebrate, but in addition to that, this will be our first officially announced UHD! But now we hand it over to Jeff Lieberman himself”

https://www.facebook.com/113532752015647/posts/2869780066390888/?d=n

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kXgEJNsuM4

MORE INFO TBA!

Kim Bruun and Angelman like this.
  15. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

With some Larry Cohen vibes

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I might have to try this one again. Tried watching it stoned once and it just put me to sleep lol.

17. Katatonia

Artwork:

[​IMG]