Blue Sunshine

Discussion in 'General' started by Eddie Quist, Apr 1, 2003.

1. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Grow up- I am allowed to disagree with other consumers. People don't give a shit if I refuse to buy Blu-Ray. So do not whine over something you do not care about.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yay, these are now shipping! :) Got a tracking # earlier and it should arrive on Monday... I'm psyched to check out the film in HD.

zbinks, loutoad23 and Angelman like this.
  3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Awesome. Can't wait. Even my wife likes Blue Sunshine - such a great, weird little film.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Just got mine today. I haven't watched it yet, but it is PACKED. They probably should have gone with an Arrow-sized 14 mm case and slipcover, because it's going to be hard to close the case and slide it back into the slipcover with all of the physical extras tucked inside.

Katatonia likes this.
  6. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Nice! Did not realize there are a lot of extra swag with 'dis. I just got it because I love the film and the slipcover looks good. Can't wait for mine to come.

Katatonia likes this.
  7. cgay2

cgay2 Member

anyone one have a link were i can buy this?

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep, here's a pic posted over on the Blu-ray.com forum:

[​IMG]

Workshed, Matt89 and Myron Breck like this.
  11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The transfer is excellent. The OCN is, for all intents and purposes, pristine, which is nothing short of a miracle given that the element had been missing for nearly 40 years. No apparent fading, no revisionist color timing. Any digital tinkering that may have been done seems to be virtually indetectable. It basically looks as good as if it were shot yesterday, and yesterday was 1977. It's a thing of beauty.

As things stand today, I would probably call this the best release of 2016 and, even with knowledge that 4K restorations of Carrie and The Hills Have Eyes are forthcoming, I think it'll be very hard to top come year's end. It's just an exceptional package, overall. I wouldn't call it a bargain at $34.99, but I do feel it's fairly priced. Given the quality and quantity of the content, I think there's a strong likelihood that the Blu-Ray, alone, would likely command a $29.99 - $39.99 MSRP were this released by any other label. Unlike the Rocktober Blood Blu-Ray, I don't think anyone will be demanding a refund. In fact, someone should send the Sebastian family a copy of this release so that they could see how a premium release should look.

Katatonia likes this.
  12. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Watched this sometime back and although I felt the concept was great the execution wasn't there and it ended up being a major disappointment.

Happy for its fanbase though.

13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I've had the Synapse release for about 5 years and finally popped it in last night after reading this thread............fell asleep 20 minutes in. Maybe I'll try again in another 5 years :)

14. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Fuck it I'm going to respond.

I was anti blu for YEARS before I decided to shut up and buy a player. I haven't regretted it since.

So yeah you need to grow up and stop being a little brat about HD. Or continue being a tool. Your choice buck-o.

You know what I'm going to go and watch? Ghost Town. Hell I might even watch it twice. Suck it.

loutoad23, Matt89, Katatonia and 2 others like this.
  15. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Amen brother, Anyone who doesn't have blu by now especially with how cheap a player is, is out of their fucking mind and missing out on some great transfers and releases. Why don't you just download like the masses and give up on physical media if that's your attitude towards blu-ray :rolleyes:

16. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Hey, I recommend that approach!

I tried watching it when I DVR'd it off of TCM a year or two ago, and just kinda zoned out. Started it again a few months later and ended up loving it.

17. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I blind bought the Synapse dvd when it was first released. Loved it right off the bat. Sorry some of you could not see what I saw in it. For those of you who still have yours, give it another try when you are very awake and have a lot of time to kill maybe? A Sunday afternoon?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Kim Bruun likes this.
  18. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

So, you see yourself in me? That's...stupid. (Psssst: kindly blow it out your ass.)

I will not now, nor ever, suck on anything you've got- tubbo. I clearly need to repeat what I said before: People. Do. Not. Give. A. Shit. Whether. I. Buy. Blu-Ray. Or. Not. But. I. Still. Have. Every. Right. To. Voice. My. Opinions.

Did it finally sink in this time? Oh, wait, I don't care.

19. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Henry Ford: "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

20. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Okay so if you think people don't give a shit that you don't buy blu-ray then why do you whine about the format so much? Honest question.

And I think people argue with you because your opinion is often one-sided and kind of misinformed. And you make outrageous claims and discredit other peoples' opinions. Like YEAH, people are gonna have some sort of reaction to things like that.

For example, you argue that blu-ray titles go OOP at lightning speed. That isn't inaccurate. In fact, you're correct in saying that. But, at the same time you can't say it's something that's only happened with the blu-ray format. This happened with DVDs ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Oh you didn't catch the Anchor Bay DVD of Prom Night when it was first released? Tough shit, that motherfucker was like $50-80 on eBay until it was re-released years later. And the transfer was SHIT. Anchor Bay also had TONS of limited print runs for titles. And they were the same price as blu-rays at the same time in their lifespan. Don't even get me started with Criterion's first DVD pressing of Salo. That was probably the most overpriced disc that ever existed. And it was a DVD! And the transfer was also crap.

You argue about sellers jacking up prices of OOP Blu-ray Discs but this is also something that isn't new to the format. A VHS copy of Terror Train was worth ridiculous amounts of money before it hit DVD. See? These trends have been happening with every format. Supply and demand.

Blu-rays and blu-ray players are now so cheap (I got a modified region free Sony blu-ray player a year ago for $100). I also spent $100 on the arrow sale and got 7 Blu-ray Discs. That's like $14 a disc. For beautifully remastered discs with loads of special features and awesome packaging with original poster art and booklets? That's an amazing deal.

Just saying. Argue all you want, but your arguments against the format are kind of invalid. Because you can make the same arguments against DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, laserdiscs, etc. There have always been limited print runs and OOP titles that fetched ridiculous amounts of money. This is nothing new to blu-ray. The only difference with blu-ray is that a lot of the time studios now INFORM fans that titles are going out of print.

So until you have a valid reason to bash the format, people are gonna tell you to stop whining.

~Matt

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016