Black Christmas (2006) - Trailer

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by MorallySound, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Normally I wouldn't either, but I really like this one a lot. The original is one of my all-time favorites, but this is one remake where I love how they twisted it completely around instead of just making it a direct update of the original.

As cursed as the film has been on Blu-ray (being cut) thus far, having all 3 cuts on one release should be worth it I hope.

It seems like Cover D is the one selling the fastest at Diabolik. Down to 7 copies right now, with the other variants still just "In Stock".

Steel76, x666x and russweiss like this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'll wait for a more affordable option (hopefully a US release) but I will admit that I watch this every December. It's so highly re-watchable and the end credits are running before the 80 minute mark. The original is my all-time favorite horror film, but this one is just terrific R-rated slasher movie fun.

Natas likes this.
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Based on the outfit releasing it, there should be a standard release in Germany shortly.

4. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Thanks for the heads up, I just had to have it despite the insane price!

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    Katatonia likes this.
  5. Katatonia

I think perhaps it will eventually, but likely just be a single disc re-issue.

It may not though, you just never know for sure if they don't hint at one coming. Some German Mediabooks like The Warriors never received a standard release later on.

6. Katatonia

I received mine yesterday from Diabolik... it's a really great looking set. The spot varnish elements on the front and back cover are a nice touch.

It does appear to be the full UNRATED cut on the 1st disc, matching the running time of the old US DVD. The transfers on all 3 cuts/discs look really nice with strong detail, vivid colors, and healthy film grain visible... the film starts with a newer Lionsgate logo, so this was apparently licensed from them.

The old Bonus Features are all ported over. The 2 Trailers + Making Of Featurettes are surprisingly in full HD. The Deleted Scenes + Alternate Ending are in SD, as many from that era are.

All 3 discs are dual-layer BD-50's, and the bonus features are identical on every disc. Each disc does have different artwork on the label, so they are quite easy to tell apart. Also, the discs are most definitely Region "B" LOCKED. If you try them in an A player, an incorrect regions page will appear on screen.

If they do a standard version in the future, I would be surprised if they included all 3 discs/cuts. My guess is they'll just do the first "Unrated" BD-50 disc. And Lionsgate are often years late in doing US releases for titles like this, and even then their transfers are very often inferior to the licensed imports... so who knows when they will release it.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  7. Katatonia