Bevery & Ferd Sebastian's 'GATOR BAIT (1974) from Panama Films 11/6

Discussion in 'General' started by bruce h, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

BTW is Gator Bait 2: Cajun Justice also a DVDr or pressed disc?

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from Amazon while it was $3.99.

Can't comment on Gator Bait II, but based on the comments here, the initial run was a DVD-R. However, I no longer see a mention of this on Amazon for either Gator Bait II or Running Cool, so they are probably pressed DVDs now too.

3. Jimmy S

Jimmy S New Member

Mine was a DVD-R, but since a pressed DVD was done for the first one it's always possible the same was done for the sequel.

I'm happy with what I have, but the fact they use the same cover for the DVD-R and the DVD will sure bring a lot of confussions for the buyers and the sellers...

4. CPT HOOK

My Prime membership just experienced this week, and I just placed an order with Gator Bait 2 to bring it up to $25 with free shipping. However, the other item is a pre-order that isn't released for another month.

So come early August, I'll be able to tell you whether or not Gator Bait 2 is a DVD now. That is, unless someone else here buys one first. ;)

5. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I got mine too but how can you say its DEFINITELY a legit DVD?
    Not being a smartass, Im legitimately wondering.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Simple, it's a silver pressed/manufactured DVD from Panama films. Who in the hell is gonna bootleg actual disc pressings and then sell them to Amazon to sell to consumers? :eek2:

7. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I have boots that look like this. I think you underestimate bootleggers.
    If its legit Im happy fuck I already paid for it.

8. Katatonia

Like which boots? It cost money to press actual DVD's. You have to do hundreds to bring it to an affordable price. Plus the coverart is pro-printed here, and the entire thing was machine factory sealed.

Want makes you think this is a bootleg? :eek2: I'd be more inclined to even think the old DVD-R's were the bootlegs.

9. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

The best boot I have is a Grindhouse theatrical boot that is obviously a boot but it dont look it, Im half retarded but looking at this I cant tell its a boot. I know its not legit but only because I watched it and know no version like this one has ever been released. But actually just looking at the disc and knowing, I wouldnt know where to start. Looks like every other disc I own. Thats why Im asking.

10. Katatonia

Grindhouse was a major film, so its very possible that good factory pressed bootlegs (probably Asian in origin) exist.

But with a smaller film like 'Gator Bait, I don't see why any bootlegers would bother...especially since the first pressing were just cheaper DVD-R's.

11. Katatonia

And speaking of other Sebastian's films ... I just noticed that the Panama Films website shows a graphic for Rocktober Blood (the file is "rocktober_dvd_case_web")

[​IMG]

Is it finally coming soon then?!?!! :nervous:

12. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Katatonia, very good point.
    But in all reality if they ripped off the boots cover I doubt they cleaned up the rip any.
    Again... still sitting in my unwatched pile, I am NOT bashing this release. In any way, Im happy to have it.

13. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

That cover art (and webpage) has been around for years. It was created back when one of the Sebastian's sons was trying to launch their filmography onto DVD.

I'm still optimistic that Rocktober Blood (and hopefully Bloody Friday) will be released by the Sebastian's in the near future though. It has to be. It's probably one of the most underrated and essential movies of the 80's.

14. CPT HOOK

I got Running Cool in the mail from Amazon today and can confirm that it is also a legit DVD and not a burnt DVD-R.

:banana:

15. CPT HOOK

... and finally, I received Gator Bait II: Cajun Justice from Amazon today, and can confirm that it is also a legit DVD and not a burnt DVD-R.

So I got 3 for 3! :)

16. neo_reloaded

neo_reloaded New Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been looking far and wide and can't seem to find a factory-pressed copy of Gator Bait 2. The Amazon listing never changed back to the DVD-R warning, but they definitely sent me a DVD-R. Anybody willing to part with theirs, or have info on other retailers besides Amazon that might have factory-pressed copies still in stock? Thanks!

17. Katatonia

That's weird that they're selling a DVD-R version on Amazon again. Then again, some of the Sebastians are shady characters, so it really doesn't surprise me.

I don't think there is any way to tell between them on various retailers. Identical UPC and artwork.