Battle Angel

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Shannafey, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Anyone ever see this anime film? I am not into much anime, but this is the one James Cameron is turning into a live action film. It's out of print, but a friend made me a dub and I have to say, it's one of the few I've watched that left me wanting more. It's damn good! Very Cyberpunk, heavily Blade Runner influenced, and ironically, the music sounds like it's out of Cameron's Terminator films. Now I'm thinking of buying the manga books, I liked the story so much.

2. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Its a classic thats for sure, too bad its so hard to find on DVD, I would definately buy it. Apparently the Cameron remake is going to be 3-D CGI, also there's been talk that you have to wear special glasses/headset in the theater for 3-D visuals and and new sound technology

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I'm as far from being an anime fan as you can get, but Battle Angel is tits. I used to watch that frequently back in the day and it holds up well now. I don't like Cameron, though, and this whole 3D nonsense sounds shady.

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I love Battle Angel. It was what, 2 episodes on one VHS I had. I was slavering for more myself. Definitley in my top 5 favorite anime. Hopefully Cameron can capture the same feel as the toon.