Azumi

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Wermode, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Wermode

Wermode Member

Anyone seen Kitamura's latest film, Azumi?

I found a DVD of the film, but I suspect it's a boot because Azumi hasn't been out for long, and I couldn't find the DVD at legitimate online Asian shops. There is a special edition at dvdasian.com for $70, a bit out of my range. ;-) Anybody have more info than this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I know the owner of dvdasian and he does have a habit of getting early releases and charging an arm and a leg for them. Azumi is being released in Japan later this month with English subtitles. You should be able to order from either Virgin or Tower Records Japan sites. It's a great movie. It's pretty obvious that he downloaded the info from some one of those sites. You might save yourself $10 by ordering directly from Japan.

3. Wermode

Wermode Member

Excellent information; thanks. It sounds like something I'll grab.

The DVD I saw on Ebay has a totally different cover from dvdasian's and no extras, so I'm pretty sure that one's a boot.

4. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    I caught this film, pretty good swordplay action. the r2 dvd is expensive, but still Highly reccommended