Ash Vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Jul 25, 2014.

1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Binging is probably the key. Or maybe I'll start using it as a lead-in to a film or another longer show I'll watch that evening. It will be never be my main event of the night, but could warm me before a new ep. of Fargo or something.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

The show isn't 23 minutes though. I believe it clocked in @ 27 minutes without the end credits. This isn't network TV.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah I used it as a warm up show and had other stuff planned to watch after it. It's definitely not a main event show for the night.
    I think I used American Horror Story Hotel as my main feature show afterwards.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I kind of suspected the show would be better suited for binge watching, that's why I've been putting it off. Plus, I've been meaning to rewatch the original trilogy beforehand but haven't gotten around to it yet (including Scream's new Army Of Darkness blu-ray which I haven't even cracked open).

I think I'll wait until after Thanksgiving, let it get 5 or 6 episodes underway before catching up OnDemand.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

Right this was my point. I think 30 mins is perfect. This isn't a drama; its more comedy. I initially wanted 60 but after reading an interview with Raimi as to why he went 30 over 60, I agreed with him.

6. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I thought I'd be worried about the show being too short, but I think 30 minutes works. All the characters on the show are pretty throwaway, TBH. The focus is on Ash (as it should be) so there's no time wasted on anything else.

Make no mistake, this is the Bruce Campbell show... and I'm loving every minute of it.

Edit: And for those who have Starz, the show is actually available on Demand late Friday! I'm not sure what time they put it up, but I checked OnDemand Friday night at around 2am and the new episode was there!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  7. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I DVR this and American Horror Story and watch them with Walking Dead on Sunday night. Makes a for a good 3 hour evening.

8. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Glad to hear others are enjoying this season of American Horror Story. I think it's my favorite since the first. Gruesome and crazy and great use of location.
    Good pick for a main event. I'm also really into The Leftovers, Fargo, and Scream Queens at the moment.

9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Just watched the second episode - really enjoyed it. And I like it being 27 minutes long - longer may have been too drawn out and its just right for eating dinner and watching <:

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Sometimes when I'm being critical of Walking Dead I have to stop and evaluste whether I'm not appreciating the fact that theres a show about zombies that has plenty of gore on cable tv. After watching episode 1 of Ash vs Evil Dead I think maybe I've been to soft on Walking Dead. The first episode delivered in every possible way that should please fans of the series. Evil Dead, a pillar of our genre, is now on tv in all it's gory glory. If you can't bring yourself to forgive some corner-cutting in the form of CGI, then shame on you. If I were a moderator I would ban you.

MisterTwister likes this.
  11. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't believe that we finally got a continuation of the original Evil Dead.

I think it was a smart move, to go with a TV-series, since they can flesh out the universe a lot more, compared to a 90 min movie.

12. Dave

Dave Pimp

The best part is they are on board for doi g it several seasons if it works out. I'm betting the blus sell sell too so I think chances are good.

13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Just watched the 3rd episode, 3 for 3 for me, not as gory as the others but still has enough of the red, cool new demon, some great lines, having a blast with this.

14. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Another great episode. I thought the "wimpy" demon was pretty boss.

15. dayglo

dayglo Member

It's more enjoyable as it goes I'm finding, the one I liked the least was the pilot.

16. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Same here.
    It's pretty sad that Raimi made the worst episode so far.
    Hope he does a better job directing the season 2 episodes.

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

Three for three for me.

Anyone else still grinning ear to ear the entire episode and still thinking 'I can't believe we are getting more Evil Dead goodness!' the entire time?

Mok, othervoice1 and Steel76 like this.
  18. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

I wish I enjoyed this show more than I actually do. I almost never watch television (serialized or otherwise) but I love Evil Dead, so of course I've been keeping up with the series thus far. I don't hate it but it just isn't clicking for me. It often feels lifeless, and while it's a dream come true to see Bruce reprising his greatest role even he seems a little bored at times. I'm not sure whose idea it was for Ash to team up with a pair of skinny-jeans-sporting sidekicks, but I find these secondary characters incredibly grating.

All that being said, it's only three episodes in and I plan on sticking it out to the end, so there's still plenty of time for it to improve. I'm glad to hear that the majority are loving it, it's certainly been a long time coming for Evil Dead fans, and I'm hoping that it builds to an appropriately epic climax.

19. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'm only two episodes in but the show is great so far. I just got into the Evil Dead series this Halloween. I love the Ash character. I said the exact same thing when the first Deadite showed up.

20. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

3 for 3, but no grand slam yet. Would've been funny if Doug Bradley played the Cenobite looking creature in no. 3.