Arrow Video's "American Horror Project"

Discussion in 'General' started by Katatonia, Oct 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

130 on my end.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

190 seen, but I own over a dozen more on VHS/DVD that I still haven't watched.

3. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I don't recall any news that Vinegar Syndrome had delayed LHODES due to unusable elements. The impetus for their edition was that they had uncovered an intact print that was in great condition.

4. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Well, it was originally slated, I believe, for late 2014. I may have misinterpreted something back then, but they did state something along the lines of the restoration being a laborious process. I also seem to remember that they at one point were looking for better elements than the ones they had, but again, the Facebook post concerning may be a year old or more. I guess I should start copy-pasting such posts to a file for easy reference. :)

5. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Yep. They are proceeding carefully over at VS. Here's a quote from April of last year: "It’s probably the most tedious restoration we’ve ever done. We keep on finding more materials for it that are slightly better in certain places than the previous copies so we’ve had to redo/add to our restoration so many times. It’s tedious. But it’s coming. Unfortunately, no exciting revelations to be told; no fabled 3 hour cuts, etc. But when it does eventually come out, it’ll look better than ever, even if it’s still not perfect."

Just making sure I didn't miss an official announcement about an indefinite delay! :D

This is my most anticipated release at this point. I am hoping that all of Watkins' early films can be cleared for release this time around and bundled with LHODES.

Angelman and Kim Bruun like this.
  6. Kim Bruun

Thanks for the correction, delicreep - that was the post I (mis)remembered. There is a delay involved, but not an indefinite one. Hopefully, it will be among the six(?) horror titles for October.

I also forgot that Code Red has semi-officially announced Schoolgirls in Chains aka Abducted.

Angelman likes this.
  7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

8. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

The perfect obscurity for this series is William Grefe's Impulse. C'mon, Arrow, make it happen!

9. horrorlover

horrorlover Active Member

I hope Arrow can do Let's Scare Jessica to Death in this American Horror Project Series

m@ggot likes this.
  10. Kim Bruun

While I'd obviously love a Blu-ray of Let's Scare Jessica to Death, isn't that movie a bit too mainstream for the project? After all, the project description refers to the "unsung heroes of American terror." Also, it's with Paramount, if I'm not mistaken.

11. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Yep, Jessica is with Paramount. I don't know how they are with licensing their own titles, but this one doesn't really fit in with the American Horror Project focus anyway, as mentioned. Great movie, though.

12. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I've managed to see 165 of the titles from that list.

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Jessica might still be with Warner from the Paramount deal. I know they did a Warner Archive DVDR after the Paramount DVD went OOP

14. horrorlover

Anyone heard anything about volume 2 of The American Horror Project coming out anytime soon? There are so many films they could do, of course finding films elements might always be a problem, I'd love to see them do Screams of a Winter Night, and maybe Legacy of Satan

15. Kim Bruun

Code Red is already doping Screams of a Winter Night. I strongly doubt Arrow would put anything in the package that they couldn't release on both sides of the Atlantic.

zbinks likes this.
  16. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Code Red already released Legacy of Satan, too.

17. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

18. horrorlover

whatever Code Red releases I never hear about, I don't have time to follow their drama or order from them, so I hope Arrow can release these films. Whatever they put in Volume 2 of The American Horror Project should be interesting, I look forward to it, the films in Volume 1 I had never seen, but I ended up really liking them. Let's Scare Jessica To Death isn't really mainstream, I don't know many people who have seen it, I mean obviously on a horror forum like here we've seen it, but ask your friends, family and neighbors and such and they never even heard of it I bet, none of mine have lol

19. zbinks

I think the American Horror Project is intended to be a dual territory (UK / Greater North America) series. Arrow wouldn't be able to include a film if the rights in one of those territories are already locked up by another company, such as Code Red.

Let's Scare Jessica to Death is mainstream in the sense that it was produced and distributed by a major motion picture studio (Paramount). I was actually turned on to the film by my mother in law, of all people.

20. zbinks

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/new...resh-life-into-cult-classics-on-blu-ray/24717