Arrow Video US / UK Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by zbinks, Oct 3, 2014.

1. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

I hope so. really would love to see scream bloody murder get a remaster

russweiss and satans-sadists like this.
  2. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

It's not, but Re-Animator is!

zbinks likes this.
  3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

US Exclusive:

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529586763741979/?type=3

Dual Territory Releases:

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529590063741649/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529593143741341/?type=3

UK Exclusives:

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529580917075897/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529584760408846/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529575003743155/?type=3

They also announced a line of books:

Unchained Melody: The Films Of Meiko Kaji by Tom Mes
    The Blair Witch Project by Russell Gomm
    Ghost In The Shell by Andrew Osmond

Kiyoshi Kurosawa's PULSE has been pushed back to July 10th in the UK and July 11th in the US. No changes to the extras or product description from the original announcement as far as I can tell.

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo...2409.124795987554404/1529588810408441/?type=3

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Nailwraps likes this.
  4. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

2000AD!!!!!!

I literally just bought Alan Moores future shocks. Im pumped.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Nothing for me this time.

6. foller

foller Active Member

Nothing for me either...

7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I'm in for Re-Animator and Psycho II (which looks to carry over all the Scream Factory features while adding others, including some not yet announced features made by the director of The Psycho Legacy)

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I haven't upgraded Re-Animator on Blu yet, so I'll be grabbing that.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

...And so the wait continues...I was really hoping for American Horror Project to be a long running series with many installments. Now it just appears to be in stall mode.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Re-Animator is the only thing I would be interested in. Don't own it on blu yet.

11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I already have Re-Animator on Blu. I like the movie, but I'm not sure I really need an upgrade.

The thing that really took the wind out of my sails was that it's yet another month with no word on the next volume of the American Horror Project.

fceurich39 and satans-sadists like this.
  12. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I never grabbed the Second Sight or Capelight Re-animator discs so I'll be grabbing that and maybe Stormy Monday when it's on sale. Re-animator will look nice next to my Bride, Glad I waited :D

fceurich39 likes this.
  13. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I don't have the Nekromantik's on DVD yet, but this is a UK-only release. So... (*Whistle*)

14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Same here but re animator will look great next to my arrow limited edition bride of re animator blu like gobad said

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Eh I've got the Capelight steelbook with ReAnimator 1&2 which both look great so I'm pretty happy with that. Arrow's packaging looks very nice but I prefer having both films in the one set.

hots4 likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Do you actually like the films? I thought it would have offended you. Personally I tried to rewatch the first about a year ago and didn't get very far in before switching it off. It was just sickening really.

17. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I have the Cult Epics blu, both stand alone and in the box set so Nekromantik 2 is a pass for me. I did buy the Arrow release for the first film.

18. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Same here. And on that note:
    DVDFanatic 9: I have a minty, only viewed once Cult Epics blu if interested ;) Sorry to hijack this discussion, but I am done with it. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Nah. I don't do Blu.

I was well-prepared for the gross-out scenes. For which, I decided to keep an open mind. And, of course, the very first scene (the credits and the crashed car surveying sequence) had me hooked right away. It's one of the most eye-catching, gorgeous opening scenes in a horror film since Raw Meat / Death Line (1972). After that, I knew the director had the talent to make a masterpiece and I was kind of waiting for him to screw it up. Obviously, after that the rabbit scene made me stop the movie too. But I went right to Google and read that the director got the footage from someone else. It wasn't made for the film. Or so I read. So, I went back and finished it. After the rabbit scene, it was just the incredibly fake penis at the end that bothered me. Who was expecting us to believe that guy had something that thick in his pants? Most BIG guys aren't that freaking thick. To me, there's nothing gross-er than fake gore. (Or, real cracking / breaking bones.)

So... I could see myself buying a movie with an ending that bad. I mean: I own 3 copies of Fulci's Zombie and that Jeep-crashing scene pisses me off more than almost anything I can think of. (Peter did not hurt his friggin' ankle in that crash. Fulci did that just to slow them down; it was cheap and intensely stupid and it ruins the entire final 30 minutes.) And how many movies might I own that are sleazy as shit or have other unforgivable scenes in them? Plenty. It's fair to just buy the movie and then deal with the scene when it comes up. Like I do with pointless, awful scenes in lots of horror films.

The sequel, on the other hand, is a completely different thing. It's the exact, polar opposite of the original. Except for I think a scene where she takes a few photographs of the corpse she brings to her apartment, it literally isn't a horror film at all. It's pitched somewhere between an early Greg Araki beautiful grainy quirky indie comedy and a Krzysztof Kieślowski character study art-drama. With goofier music. I'd recommend the sequel to anyone.

Offend me? No, what offends me is when something is insulting to my intelligence. See: Tremors 3 and the subplot where the government ordains the killing of all the characters to, ahem (get ready for this beauty) "protect the endangered graboid species" (because: oh sure, liberals are so evil, they would friggin' murder humans to save creatures which would wipe out the human race if they lived long enough to birth more than one litter). Or the sexual butchery against women in The Mutilator or The New York Ripper. Or the Saw franchise with, as I explained before, a killer killing people for moral reasons. Gaspar Noé's racist, homophobic Irreversible. John Carpenter's brain-dead Pro-Life. (I'm a pretty good liberal, so, when this movie refuses to take a side in the issue, I have a huge problem from the getgo. But, I have to keep the promise I made with The Mutilator and say that cheap sexual brutalization is not made okay in any way when it's against a male character.) Or anything from Xavier Gens, especially his segment in The ABC's of Death. When horror films take complex issues and make them stupid just to pander to people who want cheap, brainless shock value.

Shock value only works when it's either in good humor (John Waters), it's intelligent and relates progressively to a real life issue (Rosemary's Baby, Creepshow, Videodrome), or to counter a state of desensitization in the genre (Hostel, Rob Zombie's Halloween II). Or if it's just used brilliantly in a story without distracting from it in any major way (the hobbling scene in Misery, the Buffalo Bill cutaway scenes in The Silence of the Lambs). To me, the Nekromantik movies tried to do something few other horror films would- just make you barf. Though most of the first movie is really character oriented social commentary. A bit limp but still pretty fascinating.

20. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Um what you think the act of necrophilia would be? Heart warming?

It's about corpse shagging. It's supposed to be sick and twisted.