Arrow Video US / UK Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by zbinks, Oct 3, 2014.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Spookies?

2. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

It has gotta be Scared Stiff. Just watched it a couple weeks ago too

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    CPT HOOK likes this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1548429293359.jpg

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Scared Stiff (Exclusive Slipcase Edition)

Limited edition slipcase edition! Available exclusively via Arrow in the UK and DiabilikDVD in the US

Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2RO4YUj
    Pre-order in the US via DiabolikDVD: http://bit.ly/2MxyS9F
    Release dates: April 22/23

TV star Mary Page Keller (Pretty Little Liars) appears alongside Andrew Stevens (10 to Midnight, The Fury) as a couple terrorised by an age-old curse in this much-underrated late-80s offering from director Richard Friedman.

Keller plays Kate Christopher, a singer who moves into an old colonial mansion with her son and psychologist boyfriend David (Stevens). But when they make a strange and gruesome discovery in the boarded-up attic, it soon becomes clear that the mansion carries with it a dark and blood-stained past – and one that is about to terrorise them in the present.

The second feature helmed by Richard Friedman, who went on to direct such genre favourites as Doom Asylum and Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge, Scared Stiff (AKA The Masterson Curse) builds to an astonishing practical FX-laden climax sure to please fans of 80s horror.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
    • Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
    • Original uncompressed Stereo audio
    • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    • Brand new audio commentary with director Richard Friedman, producer Dan Bacaner and film historian Robert Ehlinger
    • Mansion of the Doomed: The Making of Scared Stiff – brand new documentary featuring interviews with Richard Friedman, Dan Bacaner, Robert Ehlinger, actors Andrew Stevens and Joshua Segal, special effects supervisor Tyler Smith and special effects assistants Jerry Macaluso and Barry Anderson
    • Brand new interview with composer Billy Barber
    • Image Gallery
    • Original Theatrical Trailer
    • Reversible sleeve featuring two original artwork options
    • Limited edition slipcase featuring original Graham Humphreys artwork
    • Fully illustrated collector’s booklet with new writing on the film by James Oliver

FB_IMG_1548429436182.jpg

russweiss, gobad2003 and baggio like this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Wow! I would have never expected this movie to be released. Definitely a buy for me. Brings back memories, when Andrew Stevens was like in everything.

Now I need a company to release a Night Eyes Blu-Ray Collection. Especially with the whole Ring/Security camera craze going on. ... AND anything with Shannon Tweed. Seriously can any company work on this? The chick was a 90's staple.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Is that the only title for April?

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Remember hating this when watching it on VHS, will definitely give it another viewing, the first artwork (I believe is the slip case), was the original UK VHS artwork from CBS/Fox, love that artwork, the other, is pretty horrible.

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

No, but it's really the only one worth mentioning. Black Moon Rising would be interesting if it were a US release, but Kino is releasing here.

I really like the US VHS artwork, shame it isn't used as the reverse.

I just watched it for the first time last Halloween and posted about it in the Annual October Viewing thread.

Here's what I wrote at the time.

8. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

They're also doing The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire; definitely looking forward to upgrading my old DVD of that one! Apparently they're also releasing the soundtrack on vinyl.

9. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I kinda like Keoma, but it's one of those titles I can't quite decide if I really need in my collection... I've never heard of Scared Stiff, and after watching the trailer on YouTube, the verdict for me is the "maybe pile". I've only watched Iguana with the Tongue of Fire once many years ago and was quite disappointed with it, but I don't remember much except the unimpressive makeup effects. I am really happy with Arrow's February and March slates, but April's got me back to "where's American Horror Project Vol. 2?"

10. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

Keoma only being region A really, really sucks. Who the fuck has the region B rights anyway?

11. hellraiser40

I don't want to sound too downbeat but with Vinegar Syndrome starting to release more and more region A and Arrow having a lot of cool titles locked behind region A (they are a UK company first), I wonder why I even bother buying and not just start ripping.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Seriously, just buy a multi-region player. You can get a good one for little more than what a normal player costs...and then you never have to worry about region coding anymore. It's not like you have to spend $500+ to be able to go region-free.

13. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Scared Stiff and Iguana for me.

14. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I'm iffy on Scared Stiff, but Iguana with the Tongue of Fire is the clear April standout here.

15. hellraiser40

I already have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, to buy an extra device (even if it's only 200€) just for a couple of discs feels like a waste. But in the end, it seems I will have to do so...

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of Scared Stiff.

The thing that has always kept me back from buying an all region blu ray player is that all of the ones I know about you need to manually change the region code every time you want to play a region locked disc from a foreign country. I need something that my wife can just stick a disc in and go without hassle.

17. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

When I decided to go region free I only had a few discs in mind. Now years later after buying from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and the UK I have hundreds of imports which more than made it worth the cost of getting the player in the first place.

gobad2003 likes this.
  18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It's not difficult to master, my wife has, open try, press 1 for a, 2 for b or 3 for c. Close tray with disc in sorted. Really easy.

Workshed likes this.
  19. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

With Oppo out of business, and their hardware twin Cambridge Audio refusing to allow region mods, the options for having both region free and high quality have significantly diminished. And no, I don't consider the current Sony line to be quality, and the Pioneer and Panasonic are (for the most part) overpriced.

Like CD players before them, it seems the first real casualty of the demise of physical media is the market for quality players of them.

20. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I just bought a region A Samsung player when my initial Bluray player died. I can play my region A stuff and any 4k on that and then I also have an Xbox One S and Ps4 Pro for everything else.
    My discs look very nice through the Samsung though.