April Fools Day (1986) blu ray Aug 28th

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

[​IMG]

This scene in HD? YES PLEASE!!!

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

My favourite. Look at those lips lol :D

Cooperkill likes this.
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

They would probably have to be digitally 'smoothed' now to get an R!!! Ha ha

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

5. thing

thing Well-Known Member

6. Zombie Dude

Could you imagine! That's a sure fire way not to get me to buy it lol.

7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I can't even remember this scene. I don't think I liked this movie that much. I checked wiki and remembered that my favorite Friday the 13th actress was in it. And I kind of remember being very disappointed with the ending. I might have reviewed the movie here if not on the Horror.com forum.

I do recall a similar shot / scene in Friday the 13th Part 7 with the hot blonde girl though. Also I remember an interview with the actress in the first few bad Transformers movies, where she said the director was trying to put the camera in all kinds of crazy places.

But still with good horror, my feel is that you should get as close as possible to nudity in good taste without crossing over to xxx movies. I didn't post it here as we don't have a TV show topic. But I mentioned it on the Horror forum that I was watching the Jett TV show on Cinemax. There is a scene around mid season, that is right out of a Tarantino movie plus with a bit of Texas Chainsaw Massacre added in. That's a good show.

8. Zombie Dude

The scenes right near the start as they're making their way to Muffy's Island home.

Here's another nice one... :D
    [​IMG]

9. ImmortalSlasher

Still don't remember it. I found my old review and apparently I watched this movie over two days. That usually happens when I'm really not pleased with a movie.

But from these images I think I have a topic to start during the October month.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I asked if Amazon would carry it because I've purchased Australian Blu-rays from the US branch (from Amazon themselves - not from the marketplace) in the past - I just don't remember if it was around the Aussie street date or some time after. Maybe Diabolik will carry it.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath, but even Deepdiscount sells Australian Blu-rays. At least I know they sell Umbrella, but I've seen other companies in the past.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I love this movie, ever since I first saw it at the theater back in 1986... but I am really hesitant to order this straight away before hearing some reviews. I'm pretty positive now that Shout Factory has a deal with Paramount that it will be coming out in the next wave of announcements...

Shock kind of does crappy Blu-ray releases also don't they? They often just include lossy audio and no extras it seems.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You would think a US company is around the corner in releasing this film.(I hope) Still can't imagine how this film has yet to get a Blu release yet. Shout seems like a perfect fit. I waited this long, I can wait a little longer for a better release.

Katatonia likes this.
  14. thing

thing Well-Known Member

wait for reviews, it wont sell out and the price will stay at the low price, thats the way cinema cult does it

Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  15. Zombie Dude

Yeah, not a great deal happens in it but I've always enjoyed the characters in this one. If you don't like them or enjoy their shenanigans then you'll likely not like this one.
    Typically they source their masters from other releases which means (depending on the release) that they look pretty good. Not sure on the audio front and extras are usually lite or nothing.
    That being said I don't have any releases from them. I did own their Maniac disc at one point but it was sourced from Blue Underground's shitty first release which ruined the film.

Katatonia likes this.
  16. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Diabolik will NOT carry April Fool's Day, as confirmed to me by Jesse. I actually don't care much about the PQ because I'm almost sure Shout has this, so I'll grab a copy of the Aussie release to tide me over. Just waiting to see if anyone closer to North America plans on carrying it.

17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I have their 'Blood for Dracula' release and that's nice, nice print, comes with slipcover, stay away from Flesh for Frankenstein however, that is an abomination!!!!

18. ImmortalSlasher

This was my review from around six years ago on the other forum.

"April Fool's Day (Original).

The joke is on me because this is a horrible movie. I remember watching the remake a long time ago. I guess I thought the original would be better. I don't know who's idea it was to remake this garbage. I watched this over two days. The ending was a surprise because I forgot about the remake's ending. Amy Steel from Friday the 13th Part 2 is in this. But it's still not worth watching. I think that Starz horror special mentions that this movie is where the whole horror craze started to fall apart. I can see why."

I don't know. Maybe if it is on for free I'll check it out again. People here seem to like it. I know I watched that one camp slasher with canoe scene kills that is fairly popular. I can't remember the name of it. But I saw it twice and still don't like it. I only barely remember that canoe scene and a girl showering scene.

19. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The Burning?
    Probably my favorite camp slasher ever, and (to me) far superior to F13, with better characters, kills, gore and sleaze.

hots4 likes this.
  20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'd agree the burning is fantastic, I've watched it so many times, never gets old!

Steel76 likes this.