Appleseed

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Agent Z, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

2. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

This isnt actually out until next month apparently(4/17). thanks for pointing this site out, I've been more than excited for this project ever since the first images surfaced on the net a year ago! :D I'm gonna import this DVD when its out, regardless if it has subs or not. The soundtrack too.
    apparently this preview-ish DVD with figure comes out next week [​IMG] To buy or not to buy...hmm

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  3. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Yes, Appleseed looks very promising. I love the tag line at the end of the trailers " After I finish saving the world I want to be a mother". This may set a new standard in a animation. I just hope the story can hold it's own.

4. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Ah fuck, that figure looks cool. Braireos is cool. Not quite Batou (Ghost in the Shell) cool. You know, Braireos and Deunan are like Motoko and Batou, but Batou with a Patlabor head :p

I am honestly looking forward to Ghost in the shell: Innocence a whole lot more. I can't wait for that film. Appleseed looks sweet, but just like a fun action mech film. Innocence is a work of art.

Apparently Appleseed was released a week or so ago at some Brit film festival. The reviews I read said the soundtrack was such a bad mismatch to the movie it detracted a bit from it.

Figure wise, what I REALLY want/need is a 12" Batou figure from a cool mob like Dragon, complete with all his cool guns (esp the m249 saw he has in Innocence (I think)). Dragon did a figure for another Oshii Film - Stray Dogs Panzer Cop, so it is not out of the question. I can only dream and dream. Batou rocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2004
  5. aoiookami

I gave in, and ordered the dvd preview with figure (the one above) it shipped today, I'll give a review/thoughts once I receive it (from Japan, may take a looong time :eek: )

6. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Japan has one of the fatest mail services in the world. Now once it gets to the US it may float around for awhile before you get it. Our packages from Japan usually take about 5 days.

7. aoiookami

Yeah, it was shipped out basically a few hours after I ordered, which was great.
    Well, I am in Canada, but dunno if it will take that much of a difference. I've only ordered from Japan twice, one time it came very very fast, the other it took a few months. guess I'll have to see