Apollo 18

Discussion in 'General' started by Mikey Horror, Feb 22, 2011.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

APOLLO 18 is hitting Blu-ray & DVD on December 27th from Anchor Bay. Here are the details:

[FONT=&quot]ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT AND DIMENSION FILMS LAUNCH APOLLO 18 ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sci-Fi Thriller Heads To Retail On December 27th![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BEVERLY HILLS, CA – Anchor Bay Entertainment and Dimension Films announced today the Blu-ray™ and DVD release of the “terrifying” (Fred Topel, CraveOnline.com) and “chilling” (Hunter Daniels, Collider.com) sci-fi thriller, APOLLO 18.In the same vein as such blockbusters as The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity, the film unearths alleged lost Department of Defense footage to construct a riveting story of the events that unfolded during this covert mission to the moon. Full of tension and suspense, APOLLO 18 blasts into stores on December 27, 2011 with an SRP of $39.99 for the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and $29.98 for the DVD.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Officially, Apollo 17, launched December 7, 1972, was the last manned mission to the moon. But two years later, in December of 1974, two American astronauts were sent on a secret mission to the moon funded by the US Department of Defense. What you are about to see is the actual footage which the astronauts captured on that mission. While NASA denies its authenticity, others say it’s the real reason we’ve never gone back to the moon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The APOLLO 18 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blu-ray™ and DVD bonus features include an audio commentary with director Gonzalo López-Gallegoand editor Patrick Lussier, deleted and alternate scenes, alternate endings, among other bonus features to be confirmed. Note: Special features are subject to change.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Learn more about APOLLO 18 at: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://apollo18movie.net/[/FONT]

Attached Files:

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

dec 27th cool same day as hostel part III and final destination 5 i know what i will be spending my giftcards/x-mas money on

3. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Hmm, something about this one didn't do it for me. I don't know if it was the progression, the lack or any real scares or tense moments, it just felt very bland and without thrill throughout, I was quite bored. Wasn't much of a payoff. I also echo the question of
    how the footage got back to earth, if the ships collided with each other in space, let alone get found by some joe-schmo and uploaded to a blog.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I guess it was mildly entertaining as a rental — if you can get past the bad science, the incredibly boring first 25+ minutes, and all the continuity errors and script flaws.

The basic idea had far more potential than the mess this film turned out as. The entire "found footage" trend crap should have been scrapped altogether.

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I didn't think it was all that bad of a flick - entertaining for a rental for sure. A few jump scares and enough intrigue to keep me interested.

As for Aoiookami's spoiler, I would have gone for Alternate Ending 4 - would have made the footage recovery much more plausible, but whatever.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just watched this on Showtime, and thought it was up there with Mr. Hush as one of the most excruciatingly boring films I have seen recently. It was just so... fucking... boring. At least it was only 75 minutes, because I don't think I could have made it any longer.

Could you imagine seeing this film in a theater? I would have been pissed having wasted the ticket money on this garbage. Thank goodness I didn't waste money on a blind-buy either. Definitely dodged a bullet there.

I just don't understand how this is deemed worthy of a 3,000+ theater release when gems like Trick 'r Treat, Tucker & Dale, Triangle, etc are dumped straight-to-disc. Even regarding PG-13 films, movies like Apollo 18 or Haunting Of Molly Hartley can play in theaters across the country, while a surprisingly decent PG-13 flick like The New Daughter is swept under the rug.

Hollywood seriously needs to go fuck itself. Hard.

Rant over.