Anybody ever order from DiabolikDVD? (I think I'm done with DVDpacific)

Discussion in 'General' started by Matt89, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Alright so I'm sick of DVDpacific and their crappy shipping. Ever since they started their new site, they only give one option for international shipping, it's like $3.95 or some crap. Anyway, I ordered Django and City of the Living Dead on blu-ray and they shipped May 25th, and today, June 15th, it still hasn't arrived. They used to have a shipping option for like $6.50, and you got your packages in decent time, but this is ridiculous. Three fucking weeks from the States? Fuck, I get stuff from the UK faster, for about the same price for shipping.

Therefore, I've decided to give DiabolikDVD a try. Anybody ever order from them? Their shipping is a bit more expensive, which is good, since you don't have to wait like 14 years to get your packages. I think I might give them a try the next time I go to order a Blue Underground blu-ray. I swear to God blu-ray will be obsolete by the time I receive my package from DVDpacific. This is ridiculous.

~Matt

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yes a very reliable company ever since xploited cinema went under

3. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Great company, great guys too, some of them are the dude who do Exhumed Cinema.I used to live a block away from the one guy from Diabolik, he would drop off my DVDs to my door.Great times.

sean

4. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Great site run by true Horror/Exploitation fans. Support them!

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

It has been a while, but they were very reliable.

6. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I haven't ordered from them in a while either, but they were always very reliable when I did order.

7. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I've ordered from them once, a couple of years ago. Everything went just fine. I'd say give them the biz.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I made one order with DVD Pacific since they "re-opened" and it may be my last, unless they're a last resort.

I ordered an Anchor Bay DVD that only been released a few years ago. I received it from DVD Pacific... and the coverart was BADLY dented in and even had a couple of what looked like "finger holes" punched through the coverart. Seriously, it looked worse than most used DVD's. I've rarely even seen an old rental DVD on the shelf at a store that looked that bad. I'm shocked that they even sent it out in the condition it was in.

Since you have to pay to send any defective item back to them and it was only $7 to begin with, I said screw it. I ordered it from Amazon and received a perfectly new looking DVD.

I've ordered from DiabolikDVD a few times in the past, and no complaints.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  9. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

Diabolik is awesome! Jesse and Joe are both true horror/cult/exploitation buffs so you should feel good supporting them. I've used them quite a few times and have had great experiences every time ...

10. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I've ordered from them a couple of times recently and have no complaints at all. I can't remember exactly how long it took for items to ship but they seem to have arrived in a timely manner. Also great customer service.

As long as the price at Diabolik isn't too much more expensive then the other choices, I'd rather give them my business. Those guys seem to be one (two?) of us.

11. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I've only order for Diabolik a couple of times but they were very good about shipping from what I remember.

12. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I know J & J personally, greatguys and top notch service and selection.

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

So today is Wednesday, June 16th and still no blu-rays from DVD Pacific. Seriously...WHAT THE FUCK!?

Yeah, my next order of Blue Underground blu-rays is gonna be from Diabolik. For sure.

~Matt

14. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I always pick the $3.95 option and three weeks is about how long it takes to arrive. I have no problems with it as that method is cheaper and always seems to bypassed any issues with extra duty fees. It will get there have patients.

15. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I've used Diabolik and found their service second to none. Fast shipping, great communications, a really friendly company to deal with. Awesome selection, too!:)

16. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Chalk up another recommendation for Diabolik. They're not the cheapest, so I can't say I go to them for things I can readily pick up at Amazon. But they get some gems the Amazon long tail isn't long enough to cover, and they consistently ship fast and with careful packing.

If their prices were just a *little* bit closer to Amazon on the more mainstream titles I'd eat the cost difference and toss them more business just out of appreciation, rather than wait for the moments when I want a rarer title only they have. But it's a testament to their merit that I'm tempted to give them more business for their sake than just my own.

17. Sinister Ash

Sinister Ash New Member

Ordered form DiabolikDVD many times in the past and they have always come through. Can't go wrong with them.

18. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Order from them long time ago had no problems.

19. cazzasguy

cazzasguy Member

Has your order arrived yet Matt?

I've been a member of this forum for years, not posted very much but always enjoyed your expertly-worded (and entirely justified) rants about things like this!! :D