Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

You know I actually like the movie but I dont have time for this Mickey Mouse BS. If you want me to buy it, name your price, list it solo and I will get it. Sorry, I just won’t keep going back to check if it’s available and I’m not buying garbage two packs to get it.

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Dark Force posted a still of their upcoming "Gates of Hell" transfer from their Gates from Hell / Psycho from Texas double feature against a similar still from Blue Underground's old LVR transfer.

Dark Force's "much richer and deeper", "nostalgic feel" still.
    [​IMG]

Blue Underground's "one of the top technicians we deal with at Fotokem who said it was terrible" still
    [​IMG]

3. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Keep drinking that juice Dark Force. I don't see why they think people want a washed out grindhouse print.

Steel76, gobad2003, zbinks and 2 others like this.
  4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Recipe: just add a generous dose of cyan. There you go: richer and deeper. #Nostalgic Feel, #magic :confused:

5. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Dark Force supposedly gave this response to the Dead Pit fracas on FB (fracas meaning the sadly standard 'store is hardly open/no purchasing limit kills individual sales/scalpers with tons of inventory' complaints:

"Dark Force is a business and just like any other business we are out to make money. We are certainly not doing this because we enjoy being trolled every day. The more people that buy multiple copies the less we have to ship out and the easier it is on us. If these releases are so huge that they can then turn them around and make money on them then they must be pretty good. But truthfully this kind of commotion only happens on certain big titles. At the end of the day everyone has to remember it's a real business."

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=300598&page=330

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Cool. Not interested ever again. I don’t need these movies. How’s that for a business lesson?

m@ggot and Steel76 like this.
  7. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

C'mon guys! This is the first thing you learn in business school. Always prioritize YOUR needs above the customer's.

I'd like to have Dead Pit AND Screams of a Winter Night--but not bad enough to purchase them from a dodgy vendor. I wonder how much money these clowns screwed themselves out of when they ditched Ronin?

m@ggot, Angelman and Steel76 like this.
  8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

russweiss likes this.