Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Don't know how I've linked deep space to code red. But I realised after looking at other link it's a scorpion release, but chance of getting this easy feels like it's slipped.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^^^^ That really wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Dark Force is virtually Code Red like I said before. Anybody who thinks they are "separate" entities is fooling themselves.

3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Katatonia and chancetx like this.
  4. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on the bundle, zbinks. I hate playing their games but I really wanted this title.

Katatonia and zbinks like this.
  5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Stand alone copies sold out in a couple minutes - had it in my cart and then said "sold out".

However, it's still available in the bundles so I bit the bullet and got Red Ass Baboon Bundle (Shakma) for an extra $10. Done.

Katatonia likes this.
  6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I didn't even see that was an option.

7. Katatonia

Yeah, lame as hell. I'm not sitting on the computer 24/7 just to catch this whenever these jackasses decide to re-open their webstore with single copies.

I went ahead and ordered the "Chaos" bundle ($34.99) with it included. I could really care less about that, but it was cheap as a bundle I guess... and I can just sell/trade it off later on.

chancetx likes this.
  8. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Considering 2 of the 3 bundles still haven't sold out I'm guessing they earmarked a lot more copies to move the bundle titles instead of the stand alone release. I imagine the only way they're selling Chaos is when they bundle it with some other new release.

Katatonia likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Probably so chance. I've seen Chaos on the Don't Look in the Basement Blu-ray double feature they released before... and it's not something I'd ever watch again.

chancetx likes this.
  10. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

i don't want to hit anyone on the head here but...

you guys buying the bundles would indicate that their scummy tactics work

f.ramses likes this.
  11. Katatonia

Yeah, their scummy tactics do work unfortunately. I'd rather just pay $8 more and sell/trade off the extra title (and be done with it) than chance another Necromancy situation and pay $50 later.

chancetx likes this.
  12. Mutilated Prey

Exactly - I want Screams and don’t have time to play around. Paying an extra $10 to get Shakma isn’t a big deal to me when I can turn around and sell it on eBay for $20.

And the bundles are all gone now too.

13. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I went with the Arena bundle since I didn't have that one yet and it seem like one I would enjoy. SOAWN was available individually but was gone very quickly so I'm glad there was some bundles so I could still get the movie and besides you have to spend over $40 to get free shipping so I would rather invest that in a new movie. ;)

14. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Just received Screams of a Winter Night, which made for an eagerly awaited late night viewing.

SoaWN receives a considerable jump in terms of both video and audio on Blu-ray. Dialogue is clear, and the many moodily dark scenes present a fair bit of detail. There's the odd vertical line, some very minor frame damage, a one scene has a bit of bluish flickering to it. None of this I found distracting.

I was looking forward to seeing the thought-to-be-lost fourth segment featuring the witch, and I'm glad both versions of the movie were included. In all honesty, the tale of Loraine the witch isn't very good. Basically, two guys walk into a cemetery and get killed. No twists, no clever narrative touches, no nothing. The witch herself looks creepy, though. As for the three segments fans of the movie were all familiar with, those are pretty basic as well, but the first two remain enjoyably spooky for me, especially the big reveal in The Green Light. Elaine's tale of a sexually repressed, mousy young woman who becomes homicidal after nearly being raped would probably have worked better if it had been more raw and less PG. I tend to agree with other reviewers stating that this is an anthology horror where the wrap-around is stronger than the stories presented within. For me, it's the mood of the film that works - the locations, the way it is shot, the drab, gloomy colour range. In some ways, it's like an embryonic Evil Dead. Less frenetic, of course. At least until the climax.

Hope any fans here were able to secure a copy in the brief window when it was available. I actually woke up in the middle of the night, saw that it was up, and ordered a copy. I then went back to sleep, and when I woke up again, it was GONE. o_O

baggio and Mutilated Prey like this.
  15. Mutilated Prey

The store is supposed to open again tomorrow afternoon. They will also have copies of Karen Black’s Mirror Mirror from 1990 apparently.

I’m just glad I was able to snag a copy of Screams. I’ve been waiting for a good release of this for years. My copy arrived a couple of days ago, and I plan on watching it tonight :)

16. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Screams of a Winter's Night is available again as a combo with Redeemer for $39.99 if anyone is interested.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

... no it's not, it just says add to Wish List. You can't even buy it by itself.

No Mirror Mirror either.

What a joke.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  18. Katatonia

Screams of a Winter's Night was available by itself (for $26.99) when the website opened earlier, but all the single copies sold out again within 15 minutes or so.

19. Mutilated Prey

The High Octaine bundle is still available - Screams with Spontaneous Combustion for $33.99. That’s a pretty good deal. If you can get your it’s total to $45 it’s free shipping.

20. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Actually Hook I purchased that set about two minutes before I posted it to this site so it was working even if only for a short time.