Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

"Due to a significant increase in shipping rates by USPS on first class packages"

Well, just ship things Media Mail then or charge extra only if you want it sent by 1st class! :rolleyes: ...and as far as understand it, the increase is only .15 cents for each 1st class ounce. It's not like there's a significant increase in 1st class prices.

Steel76 and baggio like this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

In theory, if they currently have the shipping fees built into the price of every unit, as they've alleged, then single item purchases should remain about the same with shipping and multiple item purchases should be cheaper. That's a BIG "IF" and that assumes that they'll take those fees out of their pricing going forward.

zompirejoe likes this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

5. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Sold out in under an hour but only 200 copies for sale so no surprise. I really hate how they're doing this bullshit. Put your product up for sale and stop with the stupid baiting and Banana Man nonsense. Who runs a company like that?

zompirejoe, russweiss, zbinks and 5 others like this.
  6. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

if only a company like Vinegar Syndrome or Severin got hold of the rights of titles that Code Red has...

outside Devilfish, I haven't bought any of their releases because of them not selling through normal retail again, "shenanigans" and lots of releases apparently having technical issues

just today, I was browsing and found Zeder, a film I really wanted but never got around too

I'm region free for BluRay since a week and thought "hell yeah, gonna buy this"

BUT... what i found was the 'general release' version, which drops Italian audio, dubtitles and some extra's!

7. Katatonia

I also fucking hate the way Dark Force does business. They string everybody along for weeks with "it's coming!!!" and that idiotic banana man stupidity, and then randomly put it up on the website at 11pm on a Friday night ... what a bunch of douche bags.

Seriously, it's hard to say a single good word about Dark Force.

chancetx and satans-sadists like this.
  8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

So i've just purchased 'cut and run' blu. I live in UK and got this title from WOWHD, i got it in the post this morning, while checking it I was surprised to see its a code red release, I've just checked the website for sone other code red titles and they're not there, so the plot thickens, not sure why this one is on general release when others are not.

Fingers crossed deep space will be a general one, I really want that title!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Only 200 available...ooooookay. What the Hell? Is this a set-up for collector driven prices on other markets or something?

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

He had said he plans to raise the price for every 200 copies that are sold.

11. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

He better not. Where’d he say that? That’d be super rude boi!!!

Regardless, I’m sure they’ll pop up all week here and there on the site.

12. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

He said that initially, but then everyone bitched about it and he changed his mind and said he'd keep pricing the same. I try to stay out of the Code Red/Dark Force threads on Blu-ray.com because half the posters seem to be absolute lunatics, but I caught that part.

13. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

As for Screams of a Winter Night, I can't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but I watched the movie a few years ago and was massively disappointed. The three stories were all really weak, but it does get really cool, and even kind of scary for about 3 or 4 minutes at the end. I haven't seen the version with the missing 4th story added, but I don't think I could sit through the other three stories again, especially not if I'd have to pay $32 to do so.

14. Katatonia

You know what he did right? He didn't limit it to 1 per buyer, and a bunch of asshole ebay scalpers ordered a bunch of them. That's why it sold out in like 10 minutes. Brainless business practices. This label (which you can virtually call Code Red now) is pathetic.

...and supposedly "It would take Bill months to ship out 200 copies right now. You have no idea how disabled he is at this time." was posted by DF.

If you can't even run the label anymore, then sell it Bill.

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeah, the stories are ok, not the best anthology, but fun in a violent Scooby Doo kinda way - lol. I love the surrounding story though - that's definitely the best part. The intro with just the sounds is cool.

4th story? Helloooo...didn't realize that was found. I saw the deleted scene with floaty in the cemetery though - sweet.

Cmon Dood, really? Pffft. Well, we'll get ours eventually and others will suffer inflation that aren't on top of it. Such as many spoils in life, but it certainly doesn't HAVE to be that way.

Katatonia likes this.
  16. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

When a code red comes out it just may as well be, like, Bulgaria availability only to me. I don't appreciate needless drama to make me have extra hoops to jump through like it is a hardship to take my cash and I need to do more than just contribute my contemptible money. If i have to work extra to be allowed in the party, chances are good eventually I stay home.
    That said I wish the makers of the film and blu ray well. Its a film I heartily recomend and after hearing snippets of stories about the film's background, I hope it finally gets the wider audience it deserves, which is far more than a mere 200 copies.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  17. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

on Wow HD there are a couple of Code Red titles, but they are hard to find

try searching Cut And Run on it and then click on Code Red in the product description and you get the ones they release

i believe the 'general releases' are done together with Kino Lorber

18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Thank you, if some of his releases can get wider releases through collaboration with Kino, why not go this way for all, doesn't really make sense to me, but then his business practices never have!

Does anyone know if deep space is in collaboration with Kino?

19. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    As long as more "Screams...Night" are made...I really liked that one.

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I searched WOWHD through the code red link, more titles than I realised, interested in Zeder and monster shark, I may bite.