Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

DVD News Flash on Facebook reports that Code Red will soon release Zeder: Revenge Of The Dead on Blu-ray!!!

Angelman likes this.
  2. Vortex

Vortex Member

It's just Zeder or Revenge of the Dead, not Zeder: Revenge of the Dead. Disappointed that Code Red got this film, as the release certainly won't be all that it could be.

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Pffst. A distributor can call it anything they want. And the all glorious Shout Factory wouldn't even pony up for a transfer if they did do it.

If you're not happy Code Red has it take it up with the licenser or other distributors. It's not like Bill's the one throwing the most money round out there. When he gets a title it's because others offer paltry sums or nothing at all. Faint praise perhaps but I'm a realist and I'm glad he does what he does.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Honestly, Bill's fb post for Revenge of the Dead made it sound like Arrow was releasing it. The guy really struggles at writing coherently.

5. Vortex

Vortex Member

Shit Factory is worse than Code Red. I never buy from them, period. And making a new transfer doesn't count for much when you can't be bothered to do proper cleanup or color correction a lot of the time.

Bill has more money than he lets on. I'm sure he offers plenty.

6. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I like what SF has done, but some transfers have certainly been... well jeez, it has been mentioned a million times.

VS and Arrow are on top for me.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Dobby likes this.
  8. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

How can it be that he got 12 packages mailed back to him?

9. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

He did, he also got more yesterday. I saw it. There seem to be some misunderstanding/discrepancy between the way paypal calculates the postage rates versus what the USPS feels the postage should be. Or it could be the USPS employee just didnt agree with the rate paypal was charging? Oddly, it just started happening now.

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

11. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

USPS isn't even supposed to be making any profit. Yet they penny pinch over the stupidest issue. I also would never use pay pal to calculate postage. Plus you need to fill out and have customs forms stamped. As a seller it IS your responsibility to give the courtesy of customer service. Claiming that buyers want the vender to hold their hand is a cop out imo. Though I do understand the frustration of selling online regardless of destination. So I do sympathize with Bill but rather then just throwing his hands up in the air. I would just FiX the error if possible and move on. If he is too busy getting pissed off then maybe he is in the wrong line of work? He sells online if he can't handle it why not just quit or let someone else do the shipping? If your sick and tired of all the trivial bullshit selling online try some other option. Sometimes you just don't need the drama and aggregation of working yourself in a heart attack. Regardless of circumstances sometimes you just need some peace of mind.

12. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Code Red is selling quite a few titles though Diabolik DVD so he is trying other options. Personally I always go to the post office myself when I ship packages so there isn't any question about the shipping not being correct.

Dobby likes this.
  13. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I wish he would just distribute his titles and sell them outright in stores like he used to. I bought a hell of a lot more Code Red titles when I could easily find them. I've order a few times from his site and had no issues, but anymore, not being able to easily find Code Red titles has just made me pass on most titles. He needs to simply distribute them, and let others sell the titles in either brick & mortar stores or online sites.

14. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

He is now, via SAE, on all the new stuff

15. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Most of the stores were to lazy to put code red on their racks. If I recall Bill got 2000+ DVD's sent back to him. Most brick stores are pretty much shit, so no big surprise.

16. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I buy some new stuff occasionally at Best Buy, Wal Mart or FYE, but there is only one large brick store that I frequent in Pittsburgh to find most titles that are not available in mainstream stores. They used to get every Code Red title known to man but the employee who handles their dvd's told me that he can no longer get any Code Red titles. I buy from this store because I want them to remain open and in business, so I don't use online retailers - just my preference, but if I can't get them where I shop, I will pass and Code Red, or any other label for that matter, can keep their product. Not the end of the world for me. I am the type of consumer who also blind buys titles as well, and price is not a problem for me. I can find all Shout Factory, Synapse, Arrow, etc.. titles at this store so I have plenty of titles to spend my money on. If the are readily available, I don't see why it's such a problem for this company to get their titles distributed to stores. Maybe some like Best Buy, etc are lazy and don't want to put out titles on their shelves, but Wal Mart pushes tons of titles into their stores. If all of these other companies can get their titles distributed then what's the problem?

17. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I don't know if you already managed to get copies of Trapped and Weekend Murders, but there both available up there now.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I can definitely understand why these aren't in brick-and-mortar stores, but it'd be nice if they were available through regular online retailers. Screen Archives kind of sucks.

Plus, I don't think most people even know Screen Archives exists. I had never heard of them before Twilight Time. And I have never placed an order there for anything that wasn't Twilight Time / Code Red. He wonders why sales are low, there's his answer. The obscene prices don't help either.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

On one hand I agree, but on the other the fact that people don't know about SA is a good thing in regards to limited versions of certain titles. And of course the prices are indeed high. Yet again, to play devil's advocate, the original studio's have zero interest in releasing these titles. So you gotta pay a premium if want some smaller company to do the restoration and distributing. It sucks, but it is what it is. I hate it, but what are you gonna do? If want the film, you gotta cough up the bucks. For me it all works out in the end. I never pay initial prices for popular titles from major companies. Tend to wait for "bin" prices & Black Friday deals. But I'll buy the rare limited edition movies at full price(you have no choice) on occasion. As far as those Shout, Kino, Olive, titles they go on sale quite often, and one can find deals on many online retailers. Not "bin" prices , but enough of a price reduction to justify the purchase.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Trapped was the one I wanted, but I've since decided to hold off. There was some talk for a short while on Blu-ray.com that a Blu-ray of Trapped may be on the way. That topic hasn't been brought up again since. I would rather wait at this point.