Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I got those mixed up... it is the Theatrical Version on the Blu-ray. It's the Director's Cut that's missing.

You're thinking of Trick or Treat, different movie. :p

Dobby likes this.
  2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

It's funny how the oldest film in this pack (Cheerleader) looks the best. Bill must have a thing for 70's softcore cheerleader flicks :p. My copy of Sweet Sixteen arrives today. Been looking forward to upgrading that one for a long time. Disappointed that the Director's Cut is not included but I can live without it. I still have my DVD copy and I can just make my own combo pack. As for the transfer, still looks dark in spots? How about resolution - is it any sharper than the DVD?

3. Katatonia

The dark scenes look much better on the Sweet Sixteen Blu-ray, albeit some appear quite grainy...but that's almost certainly due to the original film stock used.

Yes, it's definitely sharper than the DVD, although some shots do remain a little soft. It probably looks about as good as it can in HD.

Dobby likes this.
  4. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Thanks Kat. I was waiting for impressions.

I know your not a fan of the genre, but THE CHEERLEADERS and REVENGE OF THE CHEERLEADERS are two of the better examples. Not that I'd recommend a blind buy at Code Red prices.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  5. foller

foller Active Member

That's a big disappointment. :mad: The dream sequence is ridiculous. It feels like an artificial supplement. I was hoping for the shower intro which fits the tone of the movie better, it's a classic slasher intro.

6. Katatonia

Dobby likes this.
  7. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Thank god you checked here first before ordering. You would have been SOOOOOO disappointed! :lol:

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Most definitely. Even the trailer nearly put me to sleep. :nervous:

9. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Wow, really? It looks like a huge upgrade to me. You can actually see what is going on by the lake during the finale.

The Trick Or Treats screengrabs look great too, but the DVD already looks pretty great. So not as huge of an upgrade as Sweet Sixteen.

I finally ordered mine yesterday morning. Those caps have me really eager to revisit Sweet Sixteen.

*although I agree with you about the price. Code Red discs are WAY too expensive.

11. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Tbh the PQ really isn't much of an improvement over the DVD. Colors are better but there's an overall softness throughout the whole thing. It is what it is. Is it worth $26? If you're a diehard fan of the film I'd say yes but barely. Everyone else will probably be on the fence about upgrading, especially since it's missing extras. I don't regret my purchase.

12. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

I liked sweet sixteen a lot, now trick or treats was just plain bad. even if it got an avatar upgrade where the picture was crystal clear, I still wouldn't want it..

13. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I really liked Sweet Sixteen. Classic slasher vibe. Great blind buy in my opinion.

I also realized I know that director. Talked to him 15?-ish years ago when he hired a client for a commercial.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

MARY, MARY, BLOODY MARY (1975), VOICES FROM BEYOND (1989), NAIL GUN MASSACRE (1986), NEON MANIACS (1984), and THE REDEEMER (1978) are now all available on blu-ray at Screen Archives. Good deal as I been wanting Redeemer on BD for awhile now but it would never show up on the CR site.

15. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I cannot believe that I am going to order Trick or Treats AGAIN. This flick most certainly sucks, but it has a permanent place in my heart ever since I first saw that awesome cover back on the old Vestron tape at my video store. There's barely any Halloween atmosphere, but I will always be a sucker for this one as long as it has the same cover!

16. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Really? I thought that the Halloween atmosphere was the top recommendation for it myself.

17. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Well, I just went and ordered it again....I will have to screen it again for the season this year to refresh my memory and hope that you are right Body Boy and I have forgotten some great atmosphere. It didn't have anything that stood out for me in my memory, but I love it anyway! I just wish that they had made the killer more threatening and less of a joke. I do love Peter Jason, but it was almost a comedy role!

18. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Amazing how difficult Crazy Bill has made obtaining his code red blu rays. I'll never understand or comprehend what the hell his problem is. Anyway you should all order soon as possible before these titles vanish yet again.

19. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I dont think Bill can actually physically make SAE have titles disappear unless it actually sells out? I think SAE once in their hands stas with them? Has anyone asked them?

20. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

As I am in Canada, that is great news that SAE now sells Code Red. All I need now from Code Red is Messiah of Evil on blu. Hopefully, they will get it in. So happy that I was able to get Voices From Beyond. I skipped over it from other vendors earlier because I heard it was mediocre. Upon checking it out on DVD finally, I surprisingly like it and was bummed that I missed out...until now!