Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Not that I've ever seen unfortunately.:(

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Once in a blue moon they do...

Sometimes they email codes to customers around Christmas for like 20% off orders. But often even that is only valid for orders above $50 or similar, and often excludes certain labels or releases.

They run more promotions for certain Soundtrack CD labels, like a percentage off all or select releases from that certain record label. For instance, they had a 30% off coupon for select Film Score Monthly CD releases the other week.

I really doubt any discounts will be coming for Code Red or Scorpion releases. The best bet would probably be the Christmas codes, which might work on those.

Dobby likes this.
  3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Man, I dunno what to do here. I feel like I should just grab all three. I haven't even opened my Retribution DVD yet, but one day in the future I'm gonna sell off all these DVD's that have a Blu upgrade anyway so I might as well - I'm sure they'll all go OOP in one way shape or form. Shakma I know nothing about (is a killer monkey movie that good?), and I'm not sure I've ever watched Spontaneous Combustion. Seems like they're both on YouTube so maybe I'll screen them first.

4. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Shakma has a killer monkey bouncing off walls and mostly off screen kills. It's the cinematic equivalent of watching a monkey jacking off at a zoo. Except not as exciting! Spontaneous Combustion wasn't particularly memorable except for John Landis on fire. YouTube is your best bet, but I see these releases selling out in no time. So be quick! ;)

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Shakma is also available on NetFlix streaming.

I thought Retribution was the weakest of the three (but it's probably the goriest). Shakma and Spontaneous Combustion are fun, but forgettable. The thing I remember most about Spontaneous is how badly I wanted that girl's neon telephone. Her entire apartment was so late-80s and I loved it.

I'm planning on ordering all three, but since they're already in-stock and shipping, I might just wait and see what the reviews look like, just to be sure. With quantities of 2,000 and 3,000, I see these being around for a while.

6. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I'm gonna wait for the post-apocalypse flicks to go up, and I'll probably grab Retribution with them... Lots of nice colors in Retribution that should look pretty good in HD.

7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Last night I tried watching Shakma on Netflix & turned it off after like 15 minutes. Going to have to pass. I'm waiting for Devil's Wedding Night (single release, not the bundle) and the Corman Post-Apocalypse trio.

8. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I might have to hit up that Corman Post-Apocalypse trio bundle.

9. Mutilated Prey

So, yeah I just watched Shakma and there's no way I'd pay $30 for that flick. $10, maaaaybe. It just drags and drags, shoulda been like an hour long. I remember looking at the time around the 45 minute mark and wondering how the hell they were gonna stretch another hour outta this. Watching the monkey bang it's head against doors was pretty whacky and the end wasn't bad either, but overall a very meh movie. I'll give Spontaneous Combustion a spin next.

10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I wish Bill had offered these three in a discounted bundle on his site. Wonder why he's going the Screen Archives route now. Maybe because these are "bigger" titles that might move more copies through SAE? Or were these collaborations with Scorpion - I have a vague recollection that they were going to team for certain titles with one doing the film and the other any extras. Both "Shakma" and "Spontaneous Combustion" have the Katarina hosting option, and she was always with Scorpion in the past.

BTW, "Shakma" is currently the number one selling title at Screen Archives after only 2 days. It may be terrible but people want their "Shakma"!

11. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I think several guys and even the moderator there on Blu-ray.com suggested to him to take the titles to S.A.E since they ship internationally, offers tracking, and basically make life easier for him, and he posted he will give them a chance, and next thing you know, it's up at their site without a warning

12. Mutilated Prey

Well they can all go fling feces at each other :lol:

13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Skakma but yea, $30 is crazy. I'm not paying that for a blind buy. I tracked it down online to watch.

14. Katatonia

...but he also mentioned the other day that only the "big" titles are going to be made available through Screen Archives.

The "lesser" titles like the recent exploitation three-pack will still be only on his Big Cartel site, so international buyers will still be out of luck unless Diabolik gets some.

Dobby likes this.
  15. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I skimmed it online to get the general idea and decided it wasn't for me. I don't mind paying $30 for a favourite - say, if Bill released Rituals or Barn of the Naked Dead on blu, he can have my $30 dollars, but it's a steep price for something you will watch only once. But hey, Shakma has been requested pretty often over at Blu-ray.com, so it no doubt has fans willing to pay for it - or at least one very loud fan. ;)

16. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Picked up all three blus along with Mississippi Burning (didn't know it was released already). Looking forward to the Corman Post-Apocalypse bundle as well. Now if only I could be fast enough to snag the previous bundle.

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. Katatonia

I noticed there's already an ebay seller putting up a couple of copies for $65 each! :lol:

I like Shakma though, it's fun late-night 90's crap. I can remember watching it on its HBO "premiere" well before it even came out on video.

Nice, now I can finally get rid of my old DVD!

Dobby likes this.
  19. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

This may be a moot point, since last I checked, the title is unavailable...but can as many of you as possible give your opinions on "The Night Child" as a film?...just to let you know, I love Italian exploitation, even if it's slow moving/slow burn (actually, ESPECIALLY if it is...)...I wasn't disappointed by "The Eerie Midnight Horror Show"...and definitely LOVE movies like "The Perfume of the Lady in Black"...thoughts???...I ask because most opinions don't seem to be positive, although I am very much drawn to this film...

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  20. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

The bundle is up on the Bigcartel site right now, better be quick.;)