Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

Diadolik has nightmare and just before dawn for all us foreign buyers
    Also some scorpion titles

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I ordered Nightmare, Messiah, and Butcher Baker on Oct 27th, but still haven't received them. I'll give it a few more days before contacting him though. Weird, because Code Red's shipping is usually lightning fast.

Also, the store is down for maintenance. He teased a 4 movie horror blu-ray bundle not too long ago, maybe that's being added?

...Or maybe it's just down for maintenance. ;)

3. Christy

Christy Active Member

I used to get packages from code red from California. Now I get the packages from Washington so I guess they moved. Shipping has been a bit slow as of late from code red.

4. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I'm eagerly awaiting the Andy Milligan trio blu-ray bundle, which I ordered way back when it was first put up for pre-order for beginning of November. It's now mid Nov, still nothing yet. What will these Milligan films look like on blu? I can't wait! Just to see the spines in my collection. Brings the bottom shelf of an 80's mom & pop vhs horror section to the high definition age. I can remember being traumatized by Torture Dungeon's big vhs box as a kid. These releases aren't getting much buzz.

5. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

On Facebook Code Red posted they expected the Milligan films by now but they were unavoidablely delayed 2 weeks. Also that Sweet Sixteen had a delay due to minor flaw on test disc.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  6. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet the issue with Sweet Sixteen has something to do with the alternate footage. Maybe he's trying to do seamless branching and it's not working out. I hope this gets resolved and is still in the pipeline for next month - it's the only release I was looking forward to for the rest of the year (once it was revealed it was a possibility). Is the Milligan stuff part of the upcoming bundle?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  7. foller

foller Active Member

Heads up: The new Code Red batch of Blu Rays is available at diabolik.

8. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

But no Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker... ugh

9. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed LADY STAY DEAD and the BD looks very nice. There is some interesting cinematography and beach scenes that benefit from the extra resolution. I've seen LADY STAY DEAD referred to as slasher but it feels a bit more like an exploitation film to me. I thought it felt similar to DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. It's very sleazy with plenty of quality T&A.

10. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

I just skip over the code red new releases because I don't have time to hunt down the new products. I wish him well and they're great films; I just don't have the inclination.

11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

They are really not that hard to hunt down dude:rolleyes:, Just go to Diabolik and buy them if you want them.

12. foller

foller Active Member

They're all gone within less than a day. I don't get why Bill doesn't deliver more to diabolik. Butcher Baker was also not restocked. It was only available for a couple of hours some months ago.

13. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Picked up Nightmare. Should be here next week.

14. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

A theory was floated around at another forum about this rapid "disappearance" of stock. Basically, because it's Thanksgiving and presumably the 2-man operation that is Diabolik would be unable to fulfill orders in a timely manner, they presumably pulled the listings until the holiday is over. Don't know if there's any truth to this but it does make sense. People expect lightning fast service and they're just not going to get it, not from a small outfit during a holiday period. Best to pull the inventory until everybody gets some turkey in them, lol. Taking a 4-day weekend isn't uncommon this time of year so I wouldn't expect resumption of normal service until Monday at the earliest ;)

15. Angelman

But what about all the other orders coming in? They mentioned the Code Red Blus somewhere (Facebook?) and I immediately ordered mine. I assume others did the same.

16. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

What about them? There is no doubt a noticable spike in orders when something that is desired and difficult to acquire becomes available, perhaps for a short time only only. Remember when the LE Nightbreed set was first put on Diabolik? The site actually went offline because of all the traffic. People don't go into a shopping frenzy over readily available titles like that, so removing the Code Red titles will no doubt reset traffic and work load to normal, managable levels.

If you're referring to orders already placed, I suspect you'll have to add a few extras days the your expected delivery date because of the holidays. :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  17. startide

startide Member

A matter of hours yesterday. I saw the FB update after checking in at the website (I do, everyday!!) and saw complaints from someone who'd waited. Made that mistake already. There were some numbers in the hundred or so level when I ordered, and then they were all gone when I checked later on in the day. :eek:

I pretty much picked up all of them, bar the multiple movie releases. Zero interest there!

I don't buy that. I'd wager that most of these copies are snapped up by international buyers, for whom Thanksgiving means turkey themed episodes of TV shows.

I just hope they get my name right this time!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  18. Angelman

They are in the business of making money. I guess we'll see, but I'd think that these in demand titles simply all got ordered. I had a question that day about so something and a representative got back to me in moments. My point is that why would the take down something that earns them money just for a one day holiday?

19. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

To regulate their work load, maybe? To not have a lot of orders sitting and deal with customers that have unrealistic expectations with regard to delivery time? Just a guess. :)

20. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Got my Milligan pre-order today and since I haven't seen any reviews yet, here are some random caps taken with MPC-HC + madVR:

Bloodthirsty Butchers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torture Dungeon:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]