Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

You people are too uptight. It's disappointing to see people dismiss promising releasese or justify piracy because of the owner's personality (something having little to do with the product). Bill may be eccentric or sometimes too candid but he's not malicious.

2. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Ha! Why would I do that? I'm in it for the movies, not to worry about any drama between him and other people. I get it if anyone personally had an issue with him (I haven't) - but I'm not going to NOT buy stuff out of principle.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  3. Angelman

Amen. He's putting out stuff I like, I'm happy to pay for it.

4. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Yeah? Good luck getting a copy of it now. The availability of his releases are now, more than ever, dependent on whether or not he's taken his meds that day.

But please. Keep supporting this psychotic fuck.

5. foller

foller Active Member

I think in general one should not download torrents but in this case I can understand it. There are people willing to buy these movies but that crazy guy shows them his middle finger.
    If I want a movie and I can't buy it, it's logical that I will try to get it somewhere else. So deliver internationally, stock up Diabolik or live with people downloading torrents.

6. Angelman

I'm not looking for a fight here. Not trying to upset anyone.

I get people don't care for him but again, as a customer, he's done nothing to me. It's unfortunate (for him) that everyone is so angry at him, but it has nothing to do with me. Everyone's free to buy or not. I'm not supporting him/not supporting him. I'm just buying stuff I want. "Supporting" him would be buying every release of his, which I don't.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i must have reread this half a dozen times. there's got to be a better way to phrase it. it looks like you're describing a choice between a) not supporting him or b) not supporting him. (although i understand what you were actually saying, and know that it is grammatically correct)

8. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

You're not going to win on this board Angelman, The people here who usually bitch about Bill are not from the U.S.A. that's why they complain because they can't get their hands on his releases. I personally never had any problem obtaining his movies so I have no reason to complain nor do I care about his ranting and ravings as long as I get the movies I want. But I can see why the out of the country people complain, Oh well you cant please everybody :rolleyes:

9. horrorscreamer

horrorscreamer Member

To be fair as long as he's only releasing stuff like Revenge Of The Cheerleaders, Lady Stay Dead and Bloodthirsty Butchers I don't think anyone's gonna complain about not being able to obtain a copy of his releases on Blu ;) I'm just messing about, I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there who have heard of these movies before :p

In all seriousness though, the customer is always right (even when they're not), that's the first rule of sales and clearly no one ever told him that and it is hurting his business unfortunately.

10. startide

startide Member

I'd like to, as I'm sure ZombieDude would too, but we simply can't! For us, it's not that simple. They get released haphazardly on Diabolik and for us it's "blink and you miss them". (Not to mention staying up to the wee hours or being on your computer very early in the morning, and even that doesn't guarantee you anything.) I flat out refuse to pay ebay prices on his titles as buying from the US is becoming increasingly expensive (owing to the useless - to me - Global Shipping Program). I haven't even looked, TBH, that's how uninterested I am in paying those kinds of prices!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  11. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

So he pulled the "Nightmare" bluray but is still selling the 2-disc DVD. I know, don't try to apply logic...

12. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Guess what arrived in Australia today ? Thanks to Diabolik and Jesse for sending what madman Bill won't.

13. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Quite frankly, if he releases something I want and it's available to me, I'll buy it. Do I like the way he does business and addresses his customers? No. Would I consider him a mentally stable individual? Of course not. But come on, I don't see Scream Factory going out of their way to release stuff like Messiah of Evil or Barn of the Naked Dead - just look at their recently announced selections. :(

14. chancetx

FYI, the "Nightmare" Blu is back up for sale with a disclaimer about the missing Dutch VHS footage. Looks like a lot of other titles are back in stock as well.

15. chancetx

FYI, the "Nightmare" Blu is back up for sale with a disclaimer about the missing Dutch VHS footage. Looks like a lot of other titles are back in stock as well.

Sorry, didn't realize this already went through.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  16. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Any sign that he has started shipping the 4 new titles?

17. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

I asked that question about Code Red on DeadPit live YouTube cast. They gave time to mentioning Horrordvds.com too.

18. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I have ordered directly from Bill/Code Red on many different occasions and I've never had a problem with him or his service. Am I just lucky? Maybe, and I don't mean to take away from anybody's negative experience, but I can't imagine that personally attacking this man is going to help matters or lead to any type of success at getting him to sell overseas, or to act any differently. It is his business so he can do whatever he likes, and if you don't like that, don't buy from him. Potential overseas buyers need to find someone else online who carries Code Red products. I can understand your frustration, especially if it's a film you would like to own. I certainly don't support him anymore than any other company. I don't own every Code Red title, nor do I want to, but for those that I haven't been able to get in Pittsburgh, I've simply ordered from him or another vendor, usually online. I've had my share of shitty sellers, but if I wasn't satisfied with their business practice, I simply gave my business to someone else or learned to live without the product they sold. This debate seems to have gone on forever. After a while, it simply comes off as beating a dead horse.

19. Christy

Christy Member

Yeah same here anyone get their blu rays yet from Code Red?

20. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with being out of country. He lashes out AT THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT HIM. He's a crazy fucking nutbag. Go back a few pages and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This guy is certifiable.

~Matt