Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Dobby likes this.
  2. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Goddamn...I want Neon Maniacs soooooooooooo bad.

I'm getting a little aggravated that I don't have these yet. Bill supposedly shipped out a second package last week and I still have nothing. I ordered a CD/DVD from Finland after said package was sent and I have received that, but still nothing from Code Red.

This is getting ridiculous. If I don't have anything by Monday, I am filing a Paypal claim and buying them from Diabolik.

3. Zollman

Zollman New Member

US distributors don't need to pay attention to Germany's censorship laws. American law is SUPER SOVERIGN.

4. foller

foller Active Member

This is just another Bill bullshit. The fact that some movies are banned in Germany led to the rise of many independent labels (e.g. NSM, etc.) and online stores that supply Germany with these movies. They are usually located just across the border in Austria or the Netherlands. All you have to do is order online and the movies are delivered within a few days.
    If the German authorities had any chance to do anything about it, they would do it. Bill should really look out for a lawyer who knows what he is doing.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  5. Hork!

Hork! New Member

[​IMG]

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

If Bill plans on living in Germany or opening a subsidiary there, it might be an issue. But really, Bill cannot control what secondary customers do with his merchandise so why stress about it? There are almost an infinite number of routes that a DVD of a banned movie could make its way into Germany. And even if this supposed letter is authentic, German customers have been importing DVDs of foreign films since the late 1990's, what has changed to suddenly make it an issue?

Hell if I was him I would ship even the most vile movies directly to German customers simply as a way to spite Merkel and her government. Considering the way that Germany has destroyed Greece and is about to destroy other European states it's the least I can do to give the German state the middle finger.

But that's just my personal politics.

7. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Poor Germany. :( <3

8. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

The blu-ray bundle just dropped in :)

Edit:
    Just took the discs for a test drive, and they all look great.
    Sure "Redeemer" and "Nail Gun Massacre" may not be eyecandy, but it sure is an worthy upgrade over the DVD´s.
    Haven´t seen "Mary, Mary Bloody Mary" before, but considering how obscure it is, the image definitely delivers the goods.
    "Savage Streets" and "Neon Maniac" are the best of the bunch, and especially the latter IS eyecandy :)

It´s great to finally hear the soundtrack in "Savage Streets" in 5.1. and the song in the opening scene sure gives the subwoofer something to work with :)

The bitrate is stable at around 30-34Mbit/s. Except on "Nail Gun Massacre" that hovers around 20Mbit/s, still looks great though, and the scenes I watched didn´t seem to be affected by artifacts. They might be noticable in darker scenes I guess.

This is going to be one hell of a movie night! :D

Btw, I read on Twitter that Bill is going on a month long break soon, but that there will be another bunch of Blu-Ray´s coming out in July.
    It seems that Bill is finally noticing how much better the BD:s sells. Good news, as he hinted on Roger Corman on BD.
    Guess we actually will get those post-apocalypse films in high-def :)

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yesterday on Facebook, he said it'd be 1 blu-ray and 8 DVDs in July.

The blu-ray is Nightmare.

Some of the DVDs include:
    Unhinged + Murder Run (aka Stark Raving Mad) with commentary by Don Gronquist
    Zebra Force with on camera interview with Joe Tornatore
    Top Of The Heap
    Possibly Night Warning (he said "I guess July.")

10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Strange. Maybe the next bundle with Blu-Ray´s are further away then :(

11. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Code Red releases are like a grab bag of mystery titles, no definitive date(s), unconfirmed movies - hell, unknown movies :D. It's kinda fun in a way but also frustrating not knowing what's coming out and when. I hope UNHINGED comes out of the grab bag. NIGHTMARE is likely, but what else? Are those post-apocalyptic flicks a possibility or are they for later in the year? My most anticipated CR release isn't actually a CR title - it's Scorpion's MORTUARY. I'm glad Walter got that one out of the way before his genre stuff slows down. I'm sure Bill will throw in a surprise title or 2 in the next batch.

12. jamesbrummel

jamesbrummel New Member

13. foller

foller Active Member

I am pretty sure Bill is trying to make people double dip on Butcher Baker. There is no reason to just release it on DVD. Redeemer was good enough for Blu and the Butcher screenshots look way better than the ones from Redeemer.
    Once the limited DVD edition is sold the Blu will show up...You betcha!

14. jamesbrummel

jamesbrummel New Member

15. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

From the Code Red DVD Facebook group!:

"Some Code Red DVD info posted by Matthew David over on Latarnia:

"Got a funky line up for JULY 2014! HORROR! ACTION! DRIVE-IN CLASSICS! save funds for July, it'll be a big wave of limited edition releases

tons of stuff coming out on JULY! tons of new DVD releases. tons of BLU and it'll be collector's dream!

thanks for making sales be successful in these tough times. really happy with all your support!"

Confirmed for July so far are

BUTCHER BAKER NIGHTWARNING MAKER
    ZEBRA FORCE (w/Joe Tornatore interview)
    UNHINGED + MURDER RUN (aka STARK RAVING MAD) with Don Gronquist commentary
    NIGHTMARE
    TOP OF THE HEAP

DEVIL’S EXPRESS and NIGHT OF THE DEMON have been repressed (2nd and 3rd editions, respectively)

THE LOVE BUTCHER appears to be sold out. Erik Stern, who sadly passed away recently, puts in a tour-de-force performance

Plus Scorpion Releasing's first Ltd Ed Blu-Rays"

16. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

lol what? Typo?

I am so happy to finally have this in my collection on DVD. But he IS releasing it as Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker, right? Not Nightwarning Maker?

The caps on Facebook look amazing. Truly one of the best slasher films ever imo.

17. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

Yeah, he probably just got mixed up, since it's also known as Night Warning.

18. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

20. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Yeah, it just seems bizarre that BBNM is going DVD only, especially considering there's an HD master. Maybe it's a contractual thing, maybe Bill is hoping to make some extra dough by reissuing it on Blu later, who knows. I can't imagine the filmmakers not wanting their movies presented in the best possible fashion, which is on Blu-ray. Perhaps the producer (or director) is one of those guys who were against technology and would rather just keep things old school. Wasn't Kubrick that way?