Announcing The MVD Rewind Collection starting 2018!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

From DVD News Flash:

"A semi-complete list of extras revealed for MVD's NEMESIS (Collector's Edition)! Interestingly enough the description on MVD's website no longer lists the 2 sequels that were gonna be included.

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature in both 2.20:1 and 1.78:1 aspect ratios...
    - Audio: English 5.1 Surround, English 2.0 Stereo
    - Director’s Cut of the film (SD, 1.33:1) with optional commentary by Albert Pyun. (87:49)
    - Japanese Extended Cut (SD, 1.33:1) (w/ Japanese subtitles burnt-in) (95:49)
    - Introduction by Albert Pyun (2:19)
    - Introduction by Olivier Gruner (3:13)
    - Afterword by Albert Pyun (0:48)
    - 'Making Of' featurettes (5:58, 7:13)
    - Interview with Olivier Gruner (2:18)
    - 'Making Of - Stunts & Effects' (2:43)
    - 'Making Of - Visual Effects' (1:41)
    - 'The Saga' featurette (7:26)
    - 'Killcount' featurette (2:26)
    - Trailers (23:58)
    - TV Spots (4:39)
    - Collectible Mini Poster
    - New features (TBD) to be added created exclusively for this release!"

baggio likes this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindCollection/photos/a.689916671199350/891225434401805/?type=3&__xts__[0]=68.ARBZHShqc9tkSZ04JASP20QtbZ2U_Uj5R5JmmfvMdY02ZlDqXAcDopmwJWYICYGfQ_jZrq8F_UC4efMOsZnesotvPVYzWgeoEFjf2-JZVSeTumDG3cp2V9d7ZuZxt8PlnHMmEae4w_QA0xIO79STqw5uSZlDxzcRXavwERRAQUbrC03j9Axp&__tn__=-R

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindC...6671199350/891226944401654/?type=3&permPage=1

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    baggio and Nailwraps like this.
  3. zbinks

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindC...S0SlFXNUnEcmxNJ6dx_CIjQNQ_jGeCBU0KG&__tn__=-R

4. Nailwraps

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Hearing the Double Impact news. Can't wait to add this to my collection of JCVD Blu's.

[​IMG]

6. zbinks

7. Nailwraps

From MVD Rewind's Facebook:

"Greetings and salutations, fellow collectors. I have some news to share.

Double Impact is being pushed to a tentative April 2019. Truth be told, we want Van Dam...me on the bonus materials and I wish I had this title in my possession when we landed him for "Lionheart" but we didn't so we have to start the process all over again. I'll keep you posted on the progress. It's coming, just not in time for February 26th. However, I didn't want to leave you empty handed so I'm happy to announce this awesome title (first time ever release in North America on DVD or Blu-ray) in it's place:

SHOWDOWN (Special Edition)

Starring Billy Blanks, Kenn Scott, Christine Taylor, Ken Mcleod, Linda Dona, Brion James and Patrick Kilpatrick

From the director of BEST OF THE BEST I & II!

Ken Marks (Kenn Scott, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze) finds a dangerous enemy on his first day at his new school; an enemy who makes his living as the champion of an illegal fighting operation. School janitor and ex-cop Billy Grant (Billy Blanks, The Last Boy Scout) trains Ken to defend himself. What Billy doesn’t know is that the man behind it all is the one man from his past who wants him dead.

This classic martial arts blockbuster from the director of Best of the Best features an all-star cast that includes Christine Taylor (The Wedding Singer), Patrick Kilpatrick (Death Warrant), James Lew (Best of the Best) and Brion James (Blade Runner) in the movie the proves there’s not a problem in the world that a good roundhouse kick to the face can’t solve.

SPECIAL FEATURES (NOT FINAL)
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 1.78:1 aspect ratio
    • Audio: English 5.1 Surround, 2.0 Stereo
    • Subtitles TBD
    • BRAND NEW – Bonus Features that will include interviews with Director Robert Radler, writer Stuart Gibbs, and star Billy Blanks & Patrick Kilpatrick (more to be announced (we hope)
    • Photo Gallery
    • Original Theatrical Trailer (SD)
    • Collectible Mini- Poster

1) Our version of the film is 98 mins long and is presumably the R rated version (Same as the old laser disc which shows and "R" rating and is also 98 mins). Don't ask for both, I only have one version.

2) We only have English language and I'm not certain if this will have any subtitles at all. IF it does have subtitles, it will likely be English (sorry).

3) Please don't ask for "Best of the Best" (I or II). We don't have them and we don't have a deal with Sony, which controls the first one)."

And that's not all! We also have Nemesis 2-4 on the radar:
    https://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-2-and-Nemesis-3-and-Nemesis-4-Blu-ray/dp/B07KLCVYSZ

baggio likes this.
  8. Nailwraps

Update on Double Impact from Dawn of The Discs:

https://www.facebook.com/595630424113514/photos/a.595632857446604/787340431609178/

"***DOUBLE IMPACT UPDATE***

Here's an update on the upcoming "Double Impact" Collectors Edition Blu-ray starring Jean-Claude Van Damme arriving from MVD Rewind Collection on April 9th!
    "MVD's Collector's Edition release has the theatrical version in HD (from MGM) and then, with the help of a Mr. Sheldon Lettich, we have uncovered not one but TWO NEVER BEFORE SEEN alternate versions of Double Impact on VHS (sorry but that's the only way these exist) that will also be on this release (in SD... we digitized them) as well! One of them has alternate ending (I'm told). We'll put both versions on the discs (in their entirety) and then we will also isolate the deleted scenes for a separate feature (in case someone doesn't want to watch the movie three times to compare).""

baggio and russweiss like this.
  9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Coming March 26, 2019: MVD Rewind Collection #16!...

Nemesis - Sequel Trilogy (Nemesis 2: Nebula / Nemesis 3: Time Lapse / Nemesis 4: Cry of Angels) [Triple Feature Blu-ray Collection]

SKU: MVD2149BR
    UPC /Barcode: 760137214984
    Color
    RT: 248 min
    Language: English
    Subtitles: None
    Year: 1995, 1996
    MPAA Rating: R
    Audio: 2.0 Stereo
    $24.95 SRP
    Street Date: 3/26/19

THE FUTURE JUST GOT DARKER!

NEMESIS 2: NEBULA: 73 years after the events in NEMESIS, humans have lost the Cyborg Wars and they are now slaves to the cyborg masters. Rebel scientists have developed a new DNA strain, which could signal the end of the cyborgs, and it is injected it into a pregnant volunteer. When the cyborgs learn of the woman and her baby, both are listed for termination. To escape, the woman steals a cyborg ship and is transported back in time to East Africa in 1980, where the mother is killed, but the baby is saved. It takes 20 years, but a cyborg bounty hunter named Nebula (Chad Stahelski, John Wick) eventually locates the young woman, named Alex (Sue Price), and travels back in time to terminate her.

NEMESIS 3: TIME LAPSE: Alex finds that she has twenty half-sisters who are waiting for her to return to the year 2077. Central Command wants Alex (Sue Price) captured alive and scanned to see if her DNA is a strong and more powerful strain than normal. But Alex may be too tough for Farnsworth (Tim Thomerson, Near Dark) to capture.

NEMESIS 4: CRY OF ANGELS: Following an uneasy ceasefire between the humans and the cyborgs, Alex Sinclair (Sue Price) is making a living in the future working as a cybernetically-enhanced assassin for her boss Bernardo (Andrew Divoff, Wishmaster). But when Alex accidentally targets the wrong man and kills the son of a major crime syndicate head, she finds herself on the run once again as every assassin in town comes to collect the bounty on her.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three films (Nemesis 2 & 3 Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1, Nemesis 4 Aspect Ratio: 2.20:1)
    • Audio: 2.0 Stereo
    • Albert Pyun talks Nemesis 2 (SD, 30:39)
    • Albert Pyun talks Nemesis 3 (SD, 17:00)
    • Albert Pyun talks Nemesis 4 (SD, 19:38)
    • Original Theatrical Trailers for all three films
    • Collectible Mini-Poster

*Special Features May Not Be Rated, Closed Captioned or In High Definition and are subject to change.

"We did not go crazy with bonus features or anything because based on collector feedback, there was far less fan interest in these sequels than the original (in fact, the reason why I did not group these together with the original in a box set was because I was asked not to countless times). That said, please take note of the $24.95 Suggested Retail Price.This release contains the three official sequels (I'm sorry, but that new movie that was made calling itself "part 5" or whatever does not exist in the dojo) on one BD-50 and just a little bit of bonus material to keep the costs down. Maybe at some point in the future we'll do some kind of "Ultimate Edition" with all 4 films and make some new features (again, MAYBE, not definitively) but for now I'm making this cheap enough so even those who swore never to buy these will give in to their inner completist OCD and crack and pick this release up. Also, before you ask, there are no subtitles and no other languages other than English (again, keeping the budget low on this) and it is Region Free / All Region."

Oh ..... is $16.81 at Amazon right now. :eek: Hurry!!!!!!!

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

They got him!!!

Katatonia and gobad2003 like this.
  11. Nailwraps

12. Nailwraps

13. Nailwraps

MVD Rewind has posted a lot of info on Facebook these last 2 days, so I'll give you some rundowns:

From March 14th:

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindCollection/posts/988837971307217

"Hey everyone... Sorry for going MIA for a bit. Been really busy behind the scenes but truth be told, I just took a little break from social media overall both professionally and personally. But I'm back today with some updates.

First... You may have noticed that the street date for Double Impact pushed to May 28th. This title was a license from MGM and as a result there are more creative and legal people involved and whatever we do, MGM has to approve everything we would like... include in this release. The rules are a little different working with a big corporation and the approval process is exceptionally detailed and things take a little longer as a result, I will say the team over at MGM is great (some of the people that I'm working with on this release were there back when I worked at MGM so it was fun to reconnect) and this release is shaping up nicely. I hope to have a final update with all of the features later today.

Second... I have been busy with acquisitions, many of which are for the Marquee Collection (MVD Collector's Brands) which have come together a little sooner so follow that page for announcements.

Finally... I've started making arrangements for Split Second. I have nothing to announce for that title but If everything comes together, it's gonna be great.

Stay tuned and keep following!"

Now before you start getting excited about Split Second, they clarified the following the next day:

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindCollection/posts/989458161245198

"Please allow me to clarify something...

I did not officially announce Split Second. Perhaps I spoke out of turn but right now I am just looking into this title. As of today we have not commissioned any new transfer of this film nor have we produced any bonus features. It is not on the schedule as of today and does not have a street date assigned to it. So despite Blu-ray.com eagerness to report this news, there is no news with this film.

My official news regarding "Split Second" is... I am looking into it. When there is an official announcement you will see it posted here. Sorry for the confusion."

Now onto some extra listings!:

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindCollection/photos/a.689916671199350/988842044640143/

First Boogie Boy:

"FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ROGER AVARY, THE ACADEMY AWARD WINNING CO- WRITER OF PULP FICTION

CROSS THE LINE… PAY THE PRICE

There’s a thin line between friendship and betrayal…
    After being released from prison, Jesse Page (Mark Dacascos (John Wick 3: Parabellum, Double Dragon) backs his old friend Larry (Jaimz Woolvett, Unforgiven) up on a drug deal gone sour. With the drug dealers hot on his trail, Jesse has three days to reach Detroit where a new, clean, legitimate life awaits him. Along the way, his ties to his junkie criminal past are put to the test... What is true friendship made of? How far should loyalty go? These are questions Jesse must answer on the road to his new life in this gritty action-thriller from writer / director Craig Hamann (My Best Friend’s Birthday, Showdown in Manila).

From Academy Award® Winning* Executive Producer Roger Avary (Pulp Fiction) and featuring an all-star supporting cast that includes Emily Lloyd (A River Runs Through It), Frederic Forrest (Apocalypse Now), Joan Jett (Light of Day), Michael Peña (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Traci Lords (Blade), John Hawkes (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) and Jonathan Scarfe (The Equalizer 2), the 1990’s cult classic Boogie Boy makes its long-awaited return with a first-ever, brand new 4K high definition transfer supervised by director Craig Hamann.
    *1994: Best Writing, Original Screenplay, Pulp Fiction

SPECIAL FEATURES:

• Brand new director approved 4K High Definition transfer from the original camera negative with the film presented in 1.78:1 aspect ratio on Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD.
    • 2.0 Stereo Audio
    • Optional English and Spanish Subtitles
    • “The Making of Boogie Boy” (HD, 92 mins) (brand new feature length retrospective of the film featuring interviews with stars Mark Dacascos, John Hawkes, James Lew, producer Braddon Mendelson and writer / director Craig Hamann)
    • Photo gallery

*Special Features May Not Be Rated, Closed Captioned or In High Definition and are subject to change."

And Double Impact (along with a few words):

https://www.facebook.com/MVDRewindCollection/photos/a.689916671199350/989710691219945/

"So we have the final details regarding our Double Impact Collector's Edition. First, I want to thank Sheldon Lettich for his participation, support and contribution for this project. It was a huge undertaking and could not have been done without his help. I also want to thank the the cast including Jean-Claude Van Damme, and producers that participated and help make this release special. And a SUP...ER THANKS to Richard Schenkman who produced these wonderful special features. He did an amazing job bringing these to life and really make this release something special. Once again he delivered a making of documentary that is longer than the movie itself!

Couple of things... I had posted a while back that I hoped to include two "alternate versions" of the film. Due to certain rights and clearance issues, we were not able to include these rough cuts. We were, however, permitted to excise the never before seen footage in these cuts and bring you close to an hour of deleted and extended scenes. I would have loved to have had the option to show these cuts but clearance issues prevented us from including them. Either way, I'm thrilled that we still have the opportunity to share these with you.

You are going to love the new interviews with Jean-Claude Van Damme. He's informative, entertaining and fun.To have landed him for both Lionheart and now Double Impact is one of the highlights of my career,

The final street date for this is May 28th. If I think we can get everything done sooner, I'll see about moving up the street date, So, without further adieu, here is the final list of features and artwork for DOUBLE IMPACT!

Twin brothers torn apart by violence.
    On a mission of revenge.
    One packs a punch.
    One packs a piece.
    Together they deliver… DOUBLE IMPACT

What could be better than Jean-Claude Van Damme (Lionheart) in an explosively entertaining action extravaganza? Two of him! There's twice the excitement, twice the mayhem and twice the fun in this turbo-charged adventure that pushes the thrills into overdrive.

Van Damme leaps into the dual roles of Chad and Alex Wagner, twin brothers who were separated after their parents' brutal murder. Years later, the two couldn't be more different: Chad is a slick Beverly Hills fitness instructor, while Alex is a rough and tumble smuggler on the gritty streets of Hong Kong. But when fate throws them together again, Chad and Alex discover that there's one thing they have in common: they're both fighting machines! Determined to enact revenge on their parents' killers, the martial-arts experts kick, chop and shoot all the way to an electrifying final showdown aboard a gargantuan freighter in Hong Kong harbor.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 1.85:1 aspect ratio
    • English Surround DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0
    • English, Spanish, French Subtitles
    • The Making of Double Impact: Part 1 (HD, 53 mins) + The Making of Double Impact: Part 2 (59 mins) [A two part feature length retrospective documentary about the making of the film featuring interviews with star and co-writer Jean-Claude Van Damme, director and co-writer Sheldon Lettich, producer Ashok Amritraj, co-star Cory Everson-Donia, co-star and fight coordinator Peter Malota and “Chad” and “Alex” photo doubles Jeff Rector & Jerry Rector]
    • Double Impact: Deleted / Extended Scenes (SD, 54 mins)
    • Double Impact: Anatomy of a Scene (with Director Sheldon Lettich) (HD, 8 mins)

Special Features May Not Be Rated, Closed Captioned Or In High Definition.

By request of MGM, this release will be region A locked."

baggio likes this.
  14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Mind Games is coming out on 2/11/20. It's an old favorite of mine, and certainly welcome in HD. It never had an official DVD release.

[​IMG]

Mikey (1992) is also coming sometime from MVD in 2020, which is a personal favorite.

baggio, MorallySound and zbinks like this.
  15. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

Yes! I can still remember the concerned look on my parents' faces when watching this as a kid with them back in the 90s. :D

MorallySound likes this.
  16. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Glad to hear about MINDGAMES with Maxwell Caulfield and Shawn Weatherly. Enjoyed this one - love the score and Caulfield is terrific.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

All I remember about Mind Games is that Caufield tries to turn their son gay by parading around in front of him in tighty-whities and sharing a sleeping bag with him. And he plays the flute (a not-so-subtle Pied Piper reference). It's very WTF.

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Definitely buying this film. It's awhile away, but after purchasing it I'm gonna wait until April 8th to watch it....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Katatonia likes this.
  19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Mind Games specs have been revealed: https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25900&page=

Special Features and Technical Specs:
    • High-definition presentation of the film
    • BRAND NEW"The Making of Mind Games" (HD, 108 mins) [brand new feature length retrospective of the film featuring interviews with stars Maxwell Caulfield, Matt Norero and Shawn Weatherly, producer Mary Apick and director Bob Yari]
    • BRAND NEW "Bob Yari: Portrait of a Producer" (HD, 33 mins) [retrospective featurette on the career of the producer of the Academy Award Best Picture Winning "Crash", "The Illusionist" , "Find Me Guilty" and many others]
    • Original Theatrical Trailer (SD, 01:13 mins)
    • Reversible Sleeve Featuring Alternate Artwork
    • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
    I mean wow, as a longtime fan of the film I am stoked. A 108 minute documentary with both Maxwell Caulfield and Shawn Weatherly? That's just a dream come true.