Announcing The MVD Rewind Collection starting 2018!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The little red-haired boy in Return Of Swamp Thing is my new favorite character in a movie ever. He's like a miniature Edith Massey.

Wynorski should have made the entire movie about the kids. Sort of Goonies with a swamp monster. Every time they'd go back to the boring scientist stuff, my interest would drift a bit.

baggio and fattyjoe37 like this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Such old school comedy right here. Very Abbott and Costello. Love this scene.

[​IMG]

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Return of the Swamp Thing is $19.94 for Amazon Prime Day.

6. Nailwraps

Finally a report on the Lionheart replacement program from MVD Rewind on Facebook:

"REGARDING THE LIONHEART DISC REPLACEMENT…

As we have mentioned earlier, there was an incorrect mono audio glitch on the "Theatrical Version" of "Lionheart" pres...ent on both the Blu-ray and the DVD versions. The issue has been rectified and the 2.0 Stereo audio has been restored. We apologize for this error and have implemented a replacement program to correct this mistake.

If you have received one of the discs with the mono audio glitch, please take a photograph of the back of your package with the UPC in full view along with a copy of your receipt or packing slip (in the same photo) and send an email with the attached photo to: customerservice@musicvideodistributors.com with the words "LIONHEART DISC REPLACEMENT" in the subject line. Please include your mailing address in the body of the email. We will mail out a corrected Blu-ray and DVD to replace the defective discs . Once you receive your corrected discs, you may discard the old product. Duplicate photos (meaning, if we get the same photo from two different customers with two different addresses will not be accepted) or image grabs from the internet will not be honored. It must be an original photo of the back of disc with the UPC in full view. Also, please do not ask for slip covers, discs from any other set as we do not have them. This is for Lionheart only.

FOR THOSE WHO LIVE OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA: MVD Entertainment only has the legal right to sell "Lionheart" in the US and Canada. MVD Entertainment has not sold this to any retailer whose business resides outside the US and Canada. If you live outside those territories and purchased this disc from a North American retailer and had that retailer ship the disc to you overseas, you must contact the retailer from where you purchased the product to inquire about replacement discs. MVD is not permitted to ship this product outside the North America as by doing so puts MVD in breach of contract with our licencor.

PLEASE SEND ANY QUESTIONS TO: customerservice@musicvideodistributors.com

I AM JUST THE MESSENGER AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL CAN ADDRESS YOUR QUESTIONS.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING"

baggio likes this.
  7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

^
    Just sent my info out for the Lionheart replacement disc. Thanks Nailwraps!

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Got my confirmation email today from MVD for Lionheart replacement. Says it will be mailed within 3-5 days. So far so good. Was a very easy process.

Natas likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

11. Katatonia

It's an Aussie surfing drama, starring a young Nicole Kidman...and she has possibly her earliest nude scene in it. If you like 80's surf films like The North Shore, it's very similar to that.

baggio likes this.
  12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Btw are you getting the blu?

Katatonia likes this.
  13. Katatonia

Yep, mine already shipped from DD...and should arrive any day now.

I have the older Australian DVD of the film, so this should hopefully be a nice improvement.

baggio likes this.
  14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

DD has a sale 15% today. I think I might get it along with a couple other films. :)

Katatonia likes this.
  15. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Let us know how that Lionheart disc is and if it's worth the upgrade. I fucking love me some Lionheart. JCVD screaming the name Nicole "Neeeeecooole!" puts a smile on my face.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean an upgrade over the Lionheart in the 5 movie action pack set? I've never seen that Blu ray. Just read reviews which were actually pretty decent PQ. The new releases has a bunch of new features. Plus theatrical cut and the extended cut of the film.

Natas likes this.
  17. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I have the old dvd.....and I'm pretty sure I just answered my own question lol

baggio likes this.
  18. Nailwraps

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just reread my post, when I said "Just read reviews which were actually pretty decent PQ." I was talking about the OLD Blu reviews of the 5 film set. It didn't seem clear in my post after the reread.

Anyway, here's the NEW (MVD) Lionheart blu reveiws:

http://www.thebigmoviehouse.com/2018/06/lionheart.html

https://cultsploitation.com/lionheart-blu-ray-review-mvd-rewind/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lionheart-Blu-ray/199274/

Natas likes this.
  20. Katatonia

I received Windrider in the mail today...

The "damage" to the film print that's been mentioned in reviews is also present on the Australian PAL DVD from 2010 (just checked my copy). I believe MVD almost certainly just used the same exact dated (and damaged) print that release used.

It would have also been nice if the original Dolby Stereo audio had been restored, but instead we just get a Mono track. The Aussie DVD also apparently only used a Mono track, but again not surprising if this was just sourced from that.

The Blu-ray apparently does NOT include the separate "Extended Bedroom Scene" with Nicole Kidman that is included on the Aussie DVD. It was only about 38 seconds and sourced from a VHS tape on that, but it makes you wonder just why they left it off...since the other extras (except for the Press Kit DVD-ROM content) are ported over.

MVD seems to be having a lot of issues with the transfers they are using, so I hope they put a little more effort into these in the future. Since this was licensed direct from MGM, they probably had a better quality print that could have been used.