Anchor Bay Fright Packs July 27/05

Discussion in 'General' started by old-boo-radley, May 27, 2005.

1. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Dammit, why'd I buy The Church and Hell Night?

Fright Pack 1: The Devil Made Me Do It
    Release Date: 7/26/2005
    Original Release: 2005
    Rated: NR, R
    Length: 592 mins
    SRP: $34.98

Hell Night
    Curse of the Devil
    The AntiChrist
    To the Devil, a Daughter
    The Church
    Fear No Evil
    http://anchorbayentertainment.com/index.asp?p=MultipackDetail&SKU=DV13732&PriCatID=3

Fright Pack 2: Campy Classics
    Release Date: 7/26/2005
    Original Release: 2005
    Rated: PG, PG-13, R
    Length: 560 mins
    SRP: $34.98

Elvira Mistress of the Dark
    Return of the Killer Tomatoes
    Return to Horror High
    Sleepaway Camp
    Transylvania 6-5000
    Vamp
    http://anchorbayentertainment.com/index.asp?p=MultipackDetail&SKU=DV13851&PriCatID=3
    -----
    Looks as though all the special features will be carried over as well.

I will be getting the first set because I want The AntiChrist and Curse of the Devil, which will probably put me back the same amount as the set would anyways. Nice. Maybe we'll get lucky when Image, SS, AB, BU, etc... start losing the rights to these films and start throwing them on cheap multipacks. SS, AB, Image are doing it already.

2. Those are awesome packs and a helluva price. S**t I just pre-ordered Vamp...I migt have to cancel that immediately.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Good deal if you don't already have the titles. I'm not even remotely interested in the Campy Classics and out of the Devil Collection, I have To the Devil A Daughter and Curse of the Devil. Hell Night routinely turns up for dirt cheap around Halloween, I haven't heard anything very good about Fear No Evil, and I know little about The AntiChrist. I guess I'll pass on that one as well. It's just as well anyways because I prefer separate releases so my collection will stay in alphabetical order.

4. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Wow. Yeah, nice packages I suppose, although the movies are quite lame. I like having something around that I can say "I won't be getting that", makes me feel as though I can control my DVD purchases :D

5. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I just bought The Church and I sold my copy of To the Devil, a Daughter. So I probably won't be getting that set. The Campy classics...maybe. Though it would be better if they didn't have Sleepaway Camp on it. I'll already have two copies of that movie. Not sure I want a third.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

have they announced the special features for class of 1984 yet

7. Man, the thing I'm seeing is if the MSRP is $35...we could probably find it in-store or online for $10 less than that (maybe more).

I'm down for some of THAT!

8. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

Vamp has been out for a couple years, but thanks to your post, i see it had a price drop to under $9.99. i always wanted it but the price was too high. thanks.

9. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Amazon prices:
    Fright Pack 1: The Devil Made Me Do It (6pc) $24.49
    Fright Pack 2: Campy Classics (6pc) $24.49

10. I will be getting Fright Pack 1. I'd like to, anyway.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I guess these sets will come in a Digi-case package kinda like the Cheerleaders, Angel, and Mirror Mirror sets?

I already have most of the single disc versions, so I'll pass. The only two I really need are The AntiChrist and To the Devil, a Daughter, and DDD is selling the latter one for $5.99 now.

12. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Out of both sets, I alreay own Vamp, Fear No Evil, Sleepaway Camp, Hell Night, The Antichrist, The Church, Elvira, Mistress of The Dark, and Return To Horror High, so I won't be purchasing any of the sets, since I already have the ones I want already.

13. The boxset art is up at the Anchor Bay site, I think they're kinda neat lookin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Man those look pretty sweet. I am only planning on getting Fright Pack 1: The Devil Made Me Do It, as I already have all the movies in the second, but damned if that isn't tempting. Look away from the gimmicky packaging! Look away!

15. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Oh but the tins were hard to storage. :rolleyes: Ah, just bring back the tins AB. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2005
  16. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Why does it show possession on the pack but not on the listing?

17. Good catch, that's freaky. When you go to the Anchor Bay site and look up the listing for the product, all the films in the set are highlighted except for Hell Night. Maybe they've replaced it with Possession (crossing fingers that this is the case cause I already have Hell Night but none of the others).

18. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Really, I'm hoping it's Hell Night and not Possession since I just got that with Shock in the Drive-In Double Feature.

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well that set is tempting although I already have The Antichrist, but I prolly won't be getting it anyway because I wanted to buy that cheap as hell double feature of Shock and Possession.

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Hmm that packaging looks kinda poopy to me :eek2: