Anchor Bay Chat

Discussion in 'General' started by RNunez187, May 3, 2003.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I agree. This is especially frustrating when some of the "not at this time" comments pertain to titles that were previously announced and then suddenly disappeared from their website.:rolleyes:

Hold on a minute. Remember, this is Anchor Bay we're talking about.:D

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

I thought it was a pretty good chat. Glad to hear there will be some good extras on the SNDN disc. And kudos to Anchor Bay for keeping the hope alive that there might possibly be a PROM NIGHT: SE in the future.

3. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I think the chat was pretty informative, but just very dull because there was no mention of a bombshell release. It would've been great to hear more about the Dawn disks and more Euro-horror.

4. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Rhett - I hope you get your Prom Night SE one of these days!

5. All in all, not to bad of a chat. But sadly with no new major news, it was not all that good either.

Nice to see that since I had to work late and missed the chat, that I really did not miss much.

6. Trout

Trout Guest

I love the end of the chat..."I promise...no more Army of Darkness DVD's". We will see I guess.

7. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I thought it was informative, sure they didnt mention any bombshell, but thats Anchor Bay, they must have a shocking suprise or two up their sleeves. I am sure they have some great stuff coming out soon. And yes, I still buy their DVD, majority of my DVD collection is still from them, as is ther majority of recent releases as well. Yes, some are blind buy, but remember a post an old poster named Styx said, they are a small idie, and need our support, without support, they cant have money to aquire great stuff? So I am in full support of them, (but to be honest, I still havent opened their DVD of TENDER MERCIES, FRANCES, )

I read that MGM is going to lose the rights to ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK soon, so here is hoping the right studio releases this classic!

Besides DOTD, DAY OF DEAD, HILLS HAVE EYES, look at all the kick ass movies in their schedule FEAR NO EVIL, TILL DEATH DO US APART, STAR CRYSTAL, DEAD END DRIVE IN, THE PIT, ROAD GAMES, BEZERKER, NEON MANIACS(i am psyched!), majority of these titles are in any horror fans must own list, and FREEWAY that Reese Witherspoon classic, hopefully they can do a anamorphic transfer, unlike the old republix DVD, and maybe can get Reese to do audio commentary, I saw they are still the number one DVD label right now .

Last edited: May 23, 2003
  8. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

its not the Resse one, its from 1988, here's what AB's website says:

Synopsis
    There are 600 miles of freeway in Los Angeles. Every night, millions of angry motorists speed through its asphalt maze. Some of them have guns. One of them enjoys killing people. Now a traumatized ER nurse (Darlanne Fluegel of CRIME STORY), an acerbic talk-radio host (Richard Belzer of HOMICIDE and LAW & ORDER: SVU) and a stranger with a dark secret (James Russo of DONNIE BRASCO) must join forces to stop the bible-quoting madman (Billy Drago of THE UNTOUCHABLES) who has promised the panicked city one final fastlane massacre. Michael Callan, Kenneth Tobey and Clint Howard co-star in this suspense thriller directed by Francis Delia that shocked audiences at the height of LA’s real-life freeway shooting sprees.

Includes a 5x7 Postercard

©1988 Gower Street Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Starring: Richard Belzer, James Russo, Darlanne Fluegel, Billy Drago
    Director: Francis Delia
    Producer: Peter S. Davis & William N. Panzer

9. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

maybe one of the bombshells is The Monster Squad?? lol I wish

10. Latency

Latency Guest

hey, don't jinx it :)

11. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I'm quite hyped up about future Highlander series being released, i.e. Season 2 onwards. Great stuff!

12. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

-- FREEWAY that Reese Witherspoon classic, hopefully they can do a anamorphic transfer, unlike the old republix DVD, and maybe can get Reese to do audio commentary--

Well, I am all for great releases, but I think you're a little off base with this one. I just bought the Republic disc ($5.88 from Wal-Mart!) and watched it tonight.

The transfer is phenomenal. It does not say if it is anamorphic, but it is better than some anamorphic I own. Also, it has OAR (1.85:1), the original trailer, full audio commentary and 5.1 surround (which is excellent by the way). Not a bad disc at all. Above all else, let me say once again, the transfer on this disc is superb.

Oh, and the film made me laugh out loud more than once :)

Last edited: May 24, 2003