Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah they do try to sneak that past you don't they? They've been missing the guaranteed delivery date a lot more lately for me as well. I guess they don't get what guaranteed means.

chancetx likes this.
  2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

YES.

THIS IS THE SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Yesterday for example, I placed an order at 10am (The Mummy Returns 4K and Spielberg's 1941 if you must know ;)) to get one-day delivery because that was the only option, and it said "order within the next 26 hrs for free delivery tomorrow." So, technically that item should still now be offered for same-day, considering I placed this order less than 26 hrs ago, right? Nope. Now it says basically the same thing, "order within the next 24 hours for delivery Sunday" but if I were to wake up tomorrow morning and place that order before noon it won't arrive till Monday. It's really irritating because it's incredibly misleading and false advertising.

And yeah I've also had about 4-5 amazon deliveries in the past 2 months that haven't met their "guaranteed" delivery dates. Mind you, they were all for items I placed for "same-day" delivery. Maybe they're not doing it anymore because they were often not able to honour their "guarantee"? Who knows. But it's really frustrating when you're paying for the service.

~Matt

chancetx likes this.
  3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

They're definitely not what they once were. I ordered stuff on December 31st, and even though I knew it would be a few extra days on account of the holiday, they still didn't ship out until today (Jan. 6th). And when it does take so long it is because they're gathering it all in the closest distribution center so I generally get it the next day after the shipping notice is emailed to me. But nope, not this time. They divided the order in two, so one will arrive in 3 days and another in 4. I can't say that I'm impressed but at least it is free shipping.