All the Creatures Were Stirring (2018)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Dec 3, 2018.

1. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

This movie was actually made by a friend of a friend. Haven't seen it yet myself, but someone who has called it "the Creepshow of Christmas movies." I'm reserving judgment. :)

[​IMG]

Workshed and fceurich39 like this.
  2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Coming to Shudder in a couple weeks

The Joker and Workshed like this.
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

DVD will be 9.96 at Walmart stores tomorrow but the bluray has been delayed until Jan 8!

The Joker likes this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I watched it tonight, not a fan, it was pretty out there, but for me not in a good way. it's an anthology that's the only link to Creepshow, the stories are not on a par.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I thought it was entertaining but it is very low budget and I didn't care for the wrap around segment.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I will say that I really liked the second segment. It's creative, fun, and all-around well-done. As for the rest of the movie… it was mediocre. I felt like the first segment should have been fun, but it wasn't. The other three were interchangeable bores. The movie is only 80 minutes, and it seems to go on forever. Also, not sure if it's a Los Angeles thing or what, but this entire movie looks and feels aggressively un-Christmas? There are little-to-no lights, decorations, and obviously snow. The sparse Christmas ties felt shoehorned in just to fit everything together.

I'm grateful that they delayed the blu-ray to January, because this is something I probably would have blind-bought. Thank you Shudder for saving me a couple bucks and the shelf space. Give the second segment a stream if you want a great little short, but you can safely skip the rest.

I'll add that Rebekah's Shock Waves co-host Rob released a new Christmas horror movie through his label that, while still not great, was much more entertaining than this. It's called Slay Belles, and most will probably find it shrill and obnoxious, but I thought it was breezy energetic fun. And as for the Christmas décor, this is the polar opposite of All The Creatures Were Stirring, as it is aggressively filled with Christmas. It was filmed at the same then-abandoned (but now re-opened) Christmas amusement park from The Fear (1995).

chancetx likes this.