Alamo Drafthouse Films brings MIAMI CONNECTION (1987) to Blu! '80s AWESOMENESS!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by bruce h, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

How come I can't find any info on what iS on trailer wars?

2. Jimmy S

Jimmy S New Member

This is the trailers on it.

Stunt Rock / Argoman, The Fantastic Superman / Inframan / Voyage Of The Rock Aliens / Star Crash / Dungeon Master / Animal Protector / Eunuch Of The Western Palace / The Tongfather / World War Of Kung Fu / The Man From Hong Kong / Con El Odio En El Piel / Black Samurai / Force Four / Force Five / Sister Streetfighter / Golden Needles / Mitchell / Maniac Cop 2 / Mad Adventures Of Rabbi Jacob / Partners / Amuck / Big Guns / Mr. No Legs / Adults Only Snipe / Lola’s Mistake / Nightmare Honeymoon / Don’t Answer The Phone / The Scaremaker / The Mutations / Deranged / Shoot / Dead End Drive In / Who Saw Her Die? / Amin, The Rise And Fall / H.O.T.S / The Beach Girls / Nudes On Tiger Reef / The Boob Tube / Northville Cemetery Massacre / Amazing Grace / The Lawyer / the Electric Chair / The Women In Cell Block 7 / Penitentiary / Thunder Cops

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Motherfuck! The Miami Connection 7" OST says temporarily out of stock on the Drafthouse website. I hope they didn't already sell all 800 copies! I want one and a poster, maybe even two posters. One for display and one for preservation.

I am absolutely pissed at myself that I have never seen this movie before. It pains me that all this awesomeness has eluded me all these years and have sat through crap after crap movie all the while this absolute gem of a movie went unwatched. AH!

Man the more I talk about this movie the more I just want to sit down and watch it over and over. Its my new obsession. Now excuse me while I practice karate moves in my front yard and prepare for the Madison, WI screening in February! Cannot fucking wait! I FOUND MY FATHER!

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Miami Connection is a lot of fun, so utterly ridiculous that it must be seen to be believed. I grabbed the Blu-ray for $12 as a pre-order at ImportCDs on their sale. The back cover does say it has DTS HD-Master Audio, but the only thing on the disc is a standard lossy Dolby 2.0 track. I don't know why they screwed that up, but that's the only complaint with the disc.

I also bought Trailer War on Blu-ray from DiabolikDVD, and received it the other day. Fucking love the coverart! The extras on the disc are especially fun, especially the Joe Dante interview. Some people are having trouble playing the disc with certain players however. There's a definite small "bump" on the outer edge of the disc that apparently some brands of players do not like at all. I had no problems with playback...but I can't remember this manufacturing oddity being on any other Blu-ray disc I've experienced.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

As having been a fan of this movie for over a year, I absolutely had to place the pre-order for that pack with the autographed poster, 7" record, sleeveless T-shirt, and Blu-ray. They should be in my mailbox this week!

6. reddye5

reddye5 Member

I haven't bought one of these titles yet, but had a question about the "720p digital downloads" of the films. What is the format of these downloads?

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

The Miami Connection transfer looks great, scratches and all. Looks like they scanned it at 2K without doing any digital clean-up work. But you know what, it still looks great. Makes me wonder if small labels like Code Red could release more of their catalog on Blu "as is" and still look good, even with the imperfections that come with a rough print, as long as they scan it in 2K. It'll still be a rough-looking print, but not soft like standard-def. Could this be possible?

8. Jimmy S

Jimmy S New Member

In theory with most labels yes, but you know quite well what would happen if they do so. You would see a storm of complaint like you have never seen before just because it's them, just think of their release of Marcy or Pets and the non-sense complaining campaign to get a little idea of what would happen.

9. Chomp

I watched Trailer Wars the other...not bad, but not my favorite trailer compilation.

Anybody know anything about Thunder Cops?...whats the best release and were can I grab it? All I can find is a fullscreen version on Ebay. Is there anything else? I need to check that flick out pronto.

10. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

What is your favorite?

11. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

I own and enjoy the PETS DVD, but that is about the worst print I have ever seen used for a pressed DVD. Sometimes Bill will throw on a tape transfer as an extra when the film element is in such shit condition, which I think is very reasonable square-up gesture.

12. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Currently $13.49 at Amazon -- about $7 cheaper than what I paid for it!

13. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I was afraid you were over selling this one. Nope, you are dead on. I love the soundtrack, cocaine dealing biker ninjas and seeing John Oates do taekwondo. I'm headed to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Trailer Wars tonight. I wish I would have seen MIAMI CONNECTION in the theater.

[​IMG]

14. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

Has anyone ever ordered directly from Drafthouse? I pre-ordered the "Oh My God Edition" as well as Trailer Wars "World War IX Edition" and I have not received either. Not to mention there was a debacle with signed posters being destroyed and I will not be receiving one, instead getting an unsigned poster and a supposed refund for shipping...I really wanted that signed poster :(

I have emailed them but wanted to see if anyone on the site has had problems in the past.

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I pre-ordered the "Oh My God Edition" with signed poster way back in October from their website, and received the whole package on Dec. 24th. Had no problems with shipping to Canada, all was well packaged and shipped out on time.

16. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Finally got this in. Can't wait to give it a watch!

17. Chomp

What's their email addy? I want to ask them if they plan on getting any more 7" in stock.

Man, this movie just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...like the first time you feel up a chick...just this real comfortable sensation. Its such a positive ego boosting film...aside from the cocaine and the stabbings and the cutting off limbs, fighting, bullying, this movie just puts you in a good mood.

Boss ridin' ya at work? Watch Miami Connection. Having trouble paying bills on time? Watch Miami Connection. Significant other not putting out? Watch Miami Connection. Retards in Congress jerking off the American people? Watch Miami Connection. All your troubles will fade into obscurity.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  18. lanemyer774

lanemyer774 Member

Funny you ask that as I was wondering the same. Well they are. I PM'd them earlier on FB & got this reply

"We are currently out of stock on the 7" but more are being pressed and will be available in the near future. Keep an eye out!"

Then to get an email notification of when they do...

"Head over to any of our offers to sign up. You'd probably dig the Dragon sound mp3s, so sign up here! http://drafthousefilms.com/film/miami-connection"

Download the free 2-song Jam Pack & it will ask you for your email address.

19. Chomp

Rad...they are pressing more? Badass!

Yeah, I downloaded the two songs from Drafthouse's website, so I should get the update as to when they get more in stock. I just hope the way those two MP3's sound is not how they sound on the 7"....it sounds like they just ripped it right from the film as you can hear the audience clapping in the background and the ending of "Friends" cuts off early and starts again at a random part of the song before it ends.

Anyone that has the 7" already...can you confirm the quality of it?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  20. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

For some reason i was expecting this to be Toxic Avenger bad. In reality the movie was a freaking borefest on my end zzzzZz. The trailer made the movie seem like epic cheese gold. I liked certain parts of the film but it felt like they were just making shit up as they went. Movies made these days are such shit we tend to give GOLD status to 80's movies. Unfortunately the only status I can give this film is GOLD diarrhea.