Actor Corey Haim dies at age 38

Discussion in 'General' started by Rockmjd, Mar 10, 2010.

1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, a few years back, on a production involving him here in Toronto the poor guy had to ask his mom (who was his agent) permission just have milk. He was actually clean during this period. He really tried. At least he has left us with a really fun legacy stemming from our youths. It would have been nice for him to age with the rest of us. Maybe he could have jumped back into the spotlight in a more predominant role again.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

So sad....Gone too soon.... :(

3. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

4. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Its extremely tragic, but honestly, not surprising. I remember watching an interview with him where he referred to himself as being a "chronic relapser" for the rest of his life. It seemed like he was extremely unhappy with his current state of being and was counting the days till he could finally punch out. That combined with him being an emotional train wreck on the reality show he had with Feldman, I could just sense it was going to end ugly for him.

Its just a shame he couldn't beat his demons, turn his life around, and go out on a respectable and positive note. He has indeed left us a great legacy, and I hope we can all remember him by that instead of the downward spiral that led to his untimely death. RIP.

5. Sam

Sam Member

RIP. I, like others, was hoping to see him turn his life around. I've actually watched a few youtube 'interviews' of him over the last year or so and he was struggling in all of them. Hopefully Feldman won't follow his lead here.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Not surprising in the least, but still sad. Maybe I'll pop in the Lost Boys tonight.

7. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Watching The Lost Boys right now..... :(

8. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, wow. All these premature deaths. Heath Ledger, Brad Renfro, Brittany Murphy, now Corey Haim. Christ.

~Matt

10. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

R.I.P Haimster.

11. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

Very sad! I met Corey Haim about a year and a half ago at the Chiller Theatre Convention, and got a personal introduction to him away from the crowds. We talked for a bit and he was very friendly and looked very healthy.

here is the video I made that day and you can see him for a few seconds in it.. R.I.P. Corey..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltoGqzwZyxA

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's a really sad day. I was always a big fan of his and own many movies that he appeared in, 20 on DVD and several more on VHS.

My middle name is Corey, and that's the name I usually go by, and I always felt a certain connection to the two Coreys.

R.I.P. Corey Haim :cry:

13. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. very sad and tragic

14. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Just like a bunch of you, I wasn't totally surprised but I'm still saddened by the news. I liked a bunch of movies from both of the Coreys, hell, even going back to Haim's first movie Firstborn (with Christopher Collette of Sleepaway Camp and The Manhattan Project fame) which I enjoyed but haven't seen in ages. R.I.P. Haim.

15. Bad_Ronald_1983

Bad_Ronald_1983 New Member

This really sucks. :(. He was my fav. actor. I grew up with his movies and played the game 'Double Switch' all the time. He's been a part of my life forever, and I was supposed to meet him last year bud didn't get the chance too.

R.I.P Haimster.

-MATT-

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Larry King show last night was quite good. About half the show was dedicated to him, and Corey Feldman and Nicole Eggert both appeared on the show.

17. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Sad times. R.I.P. Corey.

18. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Poor Corey. Although I was only a fan of a couple of his films, I really thought he was a talented actor, and in those films where his acting talents weren't necessarily used to the best potential, he at least displayed a certain charisma that many other actors of his generation did not have even a fraction of. Even when he played characters that were somewhat annoying (to me) he made them more likable--someone else playing the same role would have made them cringeworthy and the movie itself virtually unwatchable...

I only saw a couple episodes of The Two Coreys, but you could tell he was in pain, not just physical but emotional too. How difficult it must be when you come from very little confidence, suddenly find yourself at the top of your game, then almost just as quickly you become a public joke. This would be difficult for anyone to handle let alone a teenager or someone still becoming an adult in their early 20's...

I just got done watching Larry King, and apparently he was plagued with low self esteem growing up, had battled issues beyond drug use for most of his life, and was recently trying to make a conscious effort to get back into things on a serious level, and throughout it all, after he was no longer on top, would always be discussed as a joke in wider circles.

So then, I go online to post a supportive blurb at some of the sites discussing his death, and I am disgusted at what I read. here, which I'm totally glad to see considering his part in several movies that horror fans hold pretty dear, but elsewhere.

There are so many shitty comments posted on the news pages, at some of the Hollywood gossip sites etc. I really can never get used to nor understand the cruel things people say about others they've never met...Blatant cruelty is not ever appropriate, but to hammer out stuff like "So fucking what??? He had a good life" or "Was he gay? He LOOKED gay" (not necessarily cruel, but WTF does that have to do with anything at this point?), "Another Hollywood loser bites it" and others....

WTF..

Every time I see his face I will feel sincerely sad, and I hope those who were/are quick to spout insulting and mean spirited comments about people they don't know figure things out, and realize how hurtful those truly are. Some people are able to blow those things off, yet others' lives are sometimes deeply effected...you never know how someone will take it.

The lack of compassion for others, even those who are already known to be suffering, just makes me sicker every day. What the hell is wrong with people.

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I wonder whats going through Corey Feldman's mind right now? I'm shocked he is dead though in the back of my mind I'm not surprised. This is like the end of era for me this fucking sucks. :(

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  20. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Corey Feldman was on Larry King talking about it...He was obviously upset, yet maintained his composure. He did have some pretty strong feelings about the treatment Corey Haim received in the press, and felt that society needs to grow up and think before speaking or printing hurtful things.

That was some of what was said that made me check things out online, and I have to agree.