A Tale of Two Sisters Blu-ray 10/22/13

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Aug 3, 2013.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I almost put this in the Asian forum purely because that forum doesn't get enough love, but I suppose it really belongs here.

[​IMG]

I hear the UK Blu-ray from Tartan is bloody dreadful so I'll hold out and wait for some reviews. Looks like a black case which is pretty bad ass.

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Well its about time - now lets just hope they did a decent job on the picture. But it is disheartening if this is also from Tartan and their uk blu was reviewed poorly - how much you wanna bet this will be the same transfer? If its an upgrade from dvd though Ill pick it up. I got rid of my dvd a couple years ago because we were supposed to get an R1 release on blu but it never happened. I would also love to see A Snake of June be released someday on blu

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

5. othervoice1

Amazon no longer shows this available for pre-order - has it been delayed or cancelled?

6. othervoice1

Anyone ever hear anything more about this release? Seems maybe it got cancelled or delayed but I cant find anything to confirm

7. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

Isn't kino picking up the tartan line for blu ray release?

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/k...sia-extreme-collection-exclusive-1201108519/#

Copied from Blu-Ray.com

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  9. Franco

Franco Weekender

10. othervoice1

I actually just picked up the Korean blu ray since its region free with the limited edition lenticular cover. From what I have read the transfer is better then the UK release and it has some good special features. I probably should have gotten the nice digibook but I am a sucker for lenticular covers and it takes up less space on my shelf. I hope to get a chance to see it soon (it just arrived today from Korea). I got my copy off ebay but you can get it off kimchi's site directly. The limited editions with the photocards sold out a while back but they have reissued the digibook in a non limited edition without the photo cards.

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleic...349&disc1=4660&disc2=4661&lossless=#vergleich

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. zbinks

In case anyone else missed out on the various Content Zone releases Digibook / lenticular slipcover, A Tale of Two Sisters is available again, now through Nova Media. I'm not sure if it's bit for bit identical to the Content Zone releases or not, but it looks like it's at least comparable.

With shipping costs factored in, you might be able to find it a little cheaper on eBay.

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Watched this for the first time tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Spooky, fully of twists and genuinely good! Loved it.

Funnily enough I found out there was an American remake that I'd actually seen many years ago. Watched the trailer and it looks pretty terrible though I don't remember it well.

As for the original, is there a recommended release?

Paff and othervoice1 like this.
  13. zbinks

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Really is a good movie, isn't it? I still say it's the best horror film of the 2000s. It gets better with repeated viewings. I'm sure I told this story before, but we screened it at my film festival, and one of our writers wanted to see it to write it up before the festival. It was the younger brother of our program book editor. He came over to my place, watched it while taking notes, then went home. Few hours later I get a call from the editor, "What the hell did you do to my little brother, Paff??" Seems he was rather traumatized by the film and shaking when he got home.

ETA: By the way, thanks for the link for the SK Blu. Yes, the $12 shipping is a little high, but it's not too bad considering the disc is only $20. If it were a Criterion, $20 is the best price you could hope for and their shipping is around $7. In the end, it's worth it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Zombie Dude, othervoice1 and zbinks like this.
  15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It really did impress me. I didn't expect it to have ghost elements either which came as an eerie surprise :p

Haha, the poor kid didn't know what he was getting himself into. I can imagine it really leaving an impression on those who haven't been desensitised to this kind of stuff. In my teens I would have been freaked out for at least a week!