A bunch of (new) Blumhouse movies now on netflix instant

Discussion in 'General' started by rift, Nov 9, 2014.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

2. fceurich39

Delirium was entertaining I enjoyed it a lot more than Stephanie the other recent DVD blumhouse release. Delirium is more thriller than horror but does have horror elements.Topher Grace did a great job.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I still haven't gotten around to any of the new Blumhouse straight-to-video movies (Delirium, Family Blood, Stephanie), but there's a new one coming hot on their heels.

Coming to DVD on August 7th is The Keeping Hours, starring Lee Pace (from the fantastic The Fall) and the amazing Carrie Coon (The Leftovers and Fargo Season 3). Looks a bit bland, but I might check it out just for Carrie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. CPT HOOK

I have relatives visiting at the moment, including two very young children. And since I'm a bit of an insomniac, I thought it might be time to give Stephanie a spin after everyone goes to bed. 90% of Blumhouse movies are incredibly tame, so I figured it'd be safe to have it on if anyone wakes up. And for the most part, I was right. It's an incredibly tame movie.

But holy shit, did I dive for the remote control when the little girl starts yelling "SHIT! ASS! SHITASS SHITASS SHITASS SHITASS SHITASS SHITASS!"

Anyway, movie was a disappointment. It's not even an evil kid movie like I was expecting. It's sort of like A Quiet Place only made like a bad TV movie. I guess I should give it points for being different, but this is not good different. I was bored. It really doesn't make a lot of sense either. Not even Grillo could save it.

Not Safe For Work remains the best of the straight-to-DVD Blumhouse movies, by far.

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. CPT HOOK

There's another new straight-to-NetFlix Blumhouse movie called Seven In Heaven. Actually, I think it's been out since October, but I just now got around to it. Don't believe there's a DVD release yet.

This was probably one of their better NetFlix efforts. It's really tame and teen-friendly, sort of like Happy Death Day by way of Wish Upon, only not as fun as either of those. The entire movie revolves around a house party where two teenagers go into a closet to play Seven Minutes In Heaven, and when they come out they find themselves in an alternate reality where one of them is accused of murdering another teenager with a pencil (Robert Patrick in The Faculty, eat your heart out). The movie jumps back and forth between the two teenagers in the alternate reality, and the real world house party where their friends are trying to figure out where they disappeared to. Not great horror by any means, but it's a breezy and fairly entertaining watch. Definitely for teenagers.

fceurich39 likes this.
  6. CPT HOOK

This is coming to DVD on April 2nd.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

fceurich39 likes this.
  7. fceurich39

Will probably get this when I get Bumblebee next week. Seven in heaven sounds cool.

8. CPT HOOK

Blumhouse just quietly dumped another one onto NetFlix.

This time it's Mercy Black, a spin on the Slender Man urban legend directed by Owen Egerton (Blood Fest).

Strangely enough, Mercy Black star Elle LaMont (Varsity Blood, Machete Kills) also stars in the Slender Man inspired Flay which is being released on VOD tomorrow! In fact, Sony tried to block the release of Flay due to their theatrical release of Slender Man last summer.

Anyway, long story short, there are two Elle LaMont Slender Man movies being released this week:

fceurich39 likes this.
  9. fceurich39

Walmart didn't carry Seven in Heaven to my surprise but I did snag a copy of it at my record store. I did blind buy Tooth Fairy new horror movie on DVD only for 9.96 haven't watched them yet though.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  10. CPT HOOK

Coming to NetFlix on April 14th is Blumhouse's Thriller, an urban remake of the 1980 Jamie Lee Curtis slasher film Prom Night set in Compton.

fceurich39 likes this.
  11. fceurich39

I really enjoyed Bloodline. I see on Nov 5 Blumhouse's Prey comes out on DVD only will be 9.96 in Walmart stores.

12. CPT HOOK

I thought Bloodline was a one-time watch and Prey was pretty boring.

I hear Sweetheart is really good, but I haven't had an opportunity to check it out myself yet.

fceurich39 likes this.
  13. fceurich39

Also coming out on bluray DVD combo pack,DVD from lionsgate Dec 17 is Gallows Act II.
    I myself will just get the DVD I still consider The Gallows first film to be blumhouses worst movie.